Message From The 5-0

trials_pimp

This message was sent to my employer by a local community officer.

The jist of the offence is as follows. Imagine yourself walking to your car on a car park. You open the door get in start the engine select reverse gear and look through the rear window. You then see a sticker on the window which is obscuring your view.. You then get out to remove the sticker and as you do a thief emerges from no where and jumps into the car. The thief then locks the door and drives off with the car nearly knocking you over in the process. If you are very unlucky you have left a bag containing your purse/wallet, mobile phone and identity in the car. Also the thief has got the keys to your house. It may now be a race to see who can get to your house first.

This is an offence which is happening to motorists across the country

Is that assuming they'd just happen to guess where your house was? Or is this just another generic e-mail "warning" about stuff, like that one before about having HIV being put on needles and then left inside seats 'n' shit?

Haha tell me about it, almost certain to be a viral.

Joe

Is that assuming they'd just happen to guess where your house was? Or is this just another generic e-mail "warning" about stuff, like that one before about having HIV being put on needles and then left inside seats 'n' shit?

I know nothing about this particular thing, but the HIV needle thing ACTUALLY happened in Croydon (wonderful this time of year btw) a while back, like 2 years ago.

You'd have to be quite a 'tard to leave your car sitting there with the door wide open, the engine running... slowly walk to the back of your car like 3 foot away, and manage to let someone get in, close the door, get it into gear, and drive off before you started punching them in the head.... :huh:

This has actually happened, by the way.

They do it in parking lots, and hide behind the cars either side of the space you are pulling out off. They also normally do it too women, as they normally just stand there shell shocked, and don't have a clue whats happening, or what to do, and by that time, they're speeding off.

Personally, i'm still sketchy about if it is actually true, but thats what i've been told, and we all know what happens when you get "told" stuff like this. :huh:

I know nothing about this particular thing, but the HIV needle thing ACTUALLY happened in Croydon (wonderful this time of year btw) a while back, like 2 years ago.

We established that HIV dies within seconds in air... and the risk of a needle stick infection is already below 1%... making the chance of infection similar to that of winning the lottery. By actually happened, i presume that means a friend of a friend of a friend...

We established that HIV dies within seconds in air... and the risk of a needle stick infection is already below 1%... making the chance of infection similar to that of winning the lottery. By actually happened, i presume that means a friend of a friend of a friend...

I suspect if you had a huge load of infected blood (say 5ml or something) in a syringe, then it would much increase the risk compared to a simple needle-stick, where maybe only a few virions would get inside you. So the chance of infection would be more than 1%. But that topic has been and gone and I doubt it ever happened anyway.