Post Your Desktop Background

Dai the Socket

Not posting my wallpaper again, but computer question for you.

Should I buy:

22" Monitor (probably samsung)

or 32" HD TV

Basically I am asking as I want to know what its like using a TV as a monitor when doing things such as graphic design etc.

Cheers in advance

Monitors for PC use. T.v's used for comps seriously suffer in image quality (my experience)

Plus you dont want to be sat facing a 32" Hd about 1' from your face, you'll see all the little imperfections more clearly and possibly go blind

Edited by James Quigley

Monitors for PC use. T.v's used for comps seriously suffer in image quality (my experience)

Plus you dont want to be sat facing a 32" Hd about 1' from your face, you'll see all the little imperfections more clearly and possibly go blind

tell that to smo

Edited by Spacemunkee

Yeah but he's gunna have his 24" for his PC and the bigger one for PS3. so shouldn't be sat as close

lol you been round his? its bed where he sits then about [-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] that far to the screen lol

immersive gaming is the phrase for that

:turned: A little busy, but i like it.

855f21f09388bda6.png

Why've you still got Dashboard and Spaces in your dock?

Cool background :)

I took a leaf out of Jon MacK's book with the dock - looks much nicer now :)

picture14a94c.png

Tidy your desktop you lazy shit! and sort out the size of your dock, if you want it to look like mine then...

Here's mine, boring.

Still looks like that.

Oh Lord , there are some good lookin' backgrounds and themes here . I'm struggling to find decent widescreen imagery , so I've had to Photoshop a lot of existing images to alter aspect ratio / width . My current desktop :

post-3439-1200433764_thumb.jpg

Yeah , I'm a sucker for Ms. Beckinsale . :$

Edited by Endohopper

Why've you still got Dashboard and Spaces in your dock?

I don't know.... is there some sort of law not to have spaces or dash in my dock? Does it make me look uncool? :turned:

Nadine, do you have a link to the original image of your background? Or have it on your mac? I've had a good idea for it and would like if that's cool (Well done if you designed that by the way, very good!)

Hey yeah, Iv uploaded it to sites hosting because everywhere doesn't support more then 1 MB and its rather huge.

So don't all go mad because iv forgotten how much bandwidth i have haha!

Here: http://www.nadinestaniforth.co.uk/Images/W...ilo_v2_wide.png

I don't know.... is there some sort of law not to have spaces or dash in my dock? Does it make me look uncool? :turned:

No not at all, I just take them out as soon as I can because I don't use them, and if I do I'd rather do it with keyboard shortcuts than by clicking. I guess I'm just a "power user" some might say.