Zona Zip Or Zoo Python?

skye_trials

Hi,

If i was to get a new frame, zona zip or zoo python, which is best? but also, will any bits of my onza t-bird 04 model (just as standard) fit? just to save a bit of money. If not do you know which bits? i am pretty sure that the rear wheel won't but not 100% sure as its only 19".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Personally, I'd go for the Zip. I've ridden a couple of Pythons, and they just feel lifeless to ride compared to the Zip. The longer stays on the Python and the lower BB just didn't make it much fun to ride, plus the Zip feels easier to go to front on and similar moves like that. It also seemed easier to manual and spin on, but that might just be me :P £100 cheaper too?

The brakes, forks, bar, stem, cranks, etc. of the T-Bird should fit, with a bit of luck. If they're the full 22t chainring + bash, it might be tight, but I think someone did it with a longer BB spindle...

Id say get the zona, save bit of money and have an easily as nice riding bike (if not nicer). The zona is a tiny bit heavier, but it is not noticable whatsoever- I have gone from an ultralight monty 221 ti to my zona and didnt really notice the weight difference, maybe because of the short chainstays.

I had a go on a python last night, i was amazed how good it felt to ride, i could hop further and higher with it, it made me look better and penis grew 4 inches longer (than normal) f**k me there awesome i ride a t-bird to and it felt shitloads better, get a python!

Definately the python, zonas are too heavy , however if you dont have as much money, or there are other parts you could do to upgrade then get the zona. it will still ride lovely. (Y)

ive rode both the python and zona... have you ?? becausei couldnt tell the slightest bit of difference in weight... the zona was much better...

shorter chain stays (Y)

go for the zona and save yourself some money...

Onza copied the Zoo! python for a reason :ermm:

Buy the Python.

This topic is just full of crap. Unless people have ridden both frames, I don't see how they can comment. Especially with stuff like that ^^^. There's only about 2 decent replies in the whole topic (This isn't one of them, I know :P ).

This topic is just full of crap. Unless people have ridden both frames, I don't see how they can comment. Especially with stuff like that ^^^. There's only about 2 decent replies in the whole topic (This isn't one of them, I know :P ).

I have riden them both.

Prefared the Python.

It just rides alot nicer. Dont know what it is about it, just rides alot better than it.

I reckon Python would be stronger, especially the '06 un, 1 peice bb/chainstay yoke (Y)

I have riden them both.

Prefared the Python.

It just rides alot nicer. Dont know what it is about it, just rides alot better than it.

I reckon Python would be stronger, especially the '06 un, 1 peice bb/chainstay yoke (Y)

The zona has a one piece BB shell and yoke too.

Besides the fact its less than half the price of the zoo, its got a better warranty and fewer bummers :P

Onza copied the Zoo! python for a reason :ermm:

Buy the Python.

but zoo copied the cnc'd braces and stuff on the onza. so, onza made it better and zoo thought "f**k me, that rocks, lets coppy that!" i have only ridden a zona, but from what i can tell, its pretty much all you'd want from a mod.

at the end of the day, the zona looks better in my oppinoin too, they both have gash graphics but thr whole frame overall just loks much cooler (Y)

i would go for the zona. i have ridden both and i prefered the zona by far.

i say this because i found that the zona is a long bike but when you ride it, it feels short so it is easy to bunnyhop and generally throw around.

i found the python felt really long and rode more like a stock. it didnt feel as nice on the back wheel as the zona either.

deffo the zona. its cheaper and most likely stronger.