Chris King Copy

stevecoust

There was a topic somewhere (Think it was on southern downhill forum)

about there being fake Chris King headsets being sold on eBay for less...

Looked the same to me...

and still makes people think you're a rich bugger :P

Orrr...just get a second hand King, or maybe a Hope headset.

EDIT: Did you even mean Headsets? :blink::lol:

Edited by Dan6061

Looked the same to me...

sorry mate i meant hubs

kings go slip slip and clonk like a b*****d and why the f**k would you want a fake its like all these fashion designers you can buy DAWN PITSEE MARKT ENNIT! they made have the badge on and you have to pay money for them but there a heap of shit really poor fabrics and fall apart same can be same for hubs a fake hub is a f**ked hub so why pay £100 for something that

1. wont be able to get replacment parts from

2. wont be covered by king

3. will be shit

4. and lets face it look shit

get a REAL Hope they have a "years" warranty which they treat as a lifetime warranty, mine is so so great and i love it to bits and is real and arround the £100 mark, (well mine was £180 new but not brought 1st hand) and comes with a real hope sticker on it.

(and please stop quoting the whole of what everyone says you do it in every topic without even reading the whole of the thread just a little bit of a hint because while the thread has changed convo you just plonk in the whole quote and make a 1 line comment on it. just a little bit of advise for you mate! (Y))

Looked the same to me...

yeah, they was compering the headsets and the fake ones had the 'Chris King' bit unside down :lol:

If i was you i would get an XC or bulb...

kings go slip slip and clonk like a b*****d

Well yes they probs will if you dont look after it right. All hubs will skip at some point espcailly if you dont service it. My Mate Ritch from trials-uk.com had a king for at least 3 years i think and serviced it like every 6 months or somthing like that and his hardly ever/never skipped. It was the best hub i had ever rode with was lovely. To Service a king hub isnt that hard to learn to do it your self either he did it him self.

cheers Glynn

kings go slip slip and clonk like a b*****d and why the f**k would you want a fake its like all these fashion designers you can buy DAWN PITSEE MARKT ENNIT! they made have the badge on and you have to pay money for them but there a heap of shit really poor fabrics and fall apart same can be same for hubs a fake hub is a f**ked hub so why pay £100 for something that

1. wont be able to get replacment parts from

2. wont be covered by king

3. will be shit

4. and lets face it look shit

get a REAL Hope they have a "years" warranty which they treat as a lifetime warranty, mine is so so great and i love it to bits and is real and arround the £100 mark, (well mine was £180 new but not brought 1st hand) and comes with a real hope sticker on it.

(and please stop quoting the whole of what everyone says you do it in every topic without even reading the whole of the thread just a little bit of a hint because while the thread has changed convo you just plonk in the whole quote and make a 1 line comment on it. just a little bit of advise for you mate! (Y))

Wow all that and only 2 full stops :P:D I think you're right though, you may as well buy a CK first hand otherwise you never know what you're gonna get :shifty:

(phew 2 lines :D)

if your looking for the same quality as a king/same engagement points as a king... i wouldn't go for a cheap copy, but would strongly recomend a rear dmr singlespeed hub with a green eno trials freewheel. this way you get two high quality (almost the same quality as a king in my opinion) components for much cheaper. my mate runs this set up, and another mate of mine has a rear king... not much difference really as neither skip and both look the buisness (Y)

anyways hopefully this helps... dont waste your money, i know what i would spend my £100 on :-(Y)