Policeman

sir trial a lot

Today when we were out riding a policeman came over and started talking to us. He asked us how old we were and basically said that riding when the streetlights are on without lights on your bike is against the law which we had no problem with but he then went on to say that there is a £60 fine for anyone caught without lights after dark, and that you also had to go to court. He was very nice about it but i just cant see lights lasting very long before they fall off our bikes because of the shocks a bike gets when you do a drop etc. I was also looking at my bike and thought, Theres nowhere i could even mount a light (zoo python) on the rear as the tubes arent round and on the front my bars are too fat. I was thinking, if he saw us again (likely) do you think he would give us all the fine and how could we get out of it. In my opinion there are much worse crimes he could be sorting out like theft and being drunk and disorderly etc. Like i say he was very nice about it and i know he is just trying to look after us but to me there are more serious offences to commit.

Sorry if you disagree but i just think that policemen nit pick which is easy rather than sort out big crimes as they will take much longer to sort out and do all the paperwork for etc.

Rant over :rolleyes:

I've been warned a few times, but i do challenge them a bit, explained that in the past i've had lights and that it killed my handlebars (no shit there, the little clamp on my bars dented them and then when i pulled up to do a wheelie the bar bent >.<)

Today when we were out riding a policeman came over and started talking to us. He asked us how old we were and basically said that riding when the streetlights are on without lights on your bike is against the law which we had no problem with but he then went on to say that there is a £60 fine for anyone caught without lights after dark, and that you also had to go to court. He was very nice about it but i just cant see lights lasting very long before they fall off our bikes because of the shocks a bike gets when you do a drop etc. I was also looking at my bike and thought, Theres nowhere i could even mount a light (zoo python) on the rear as the tubes arent round and on the front my bars are too fat. I was thinking, if he saw us again (likely) do you think he would give us all the fine and how could we get out of it. In my opinion there are much worse crimes he could be sorting out like theft and being drunk and disorderly etc. Like i say he was very nice about it and i know he is just trying to look after us but to me there are more serious offences to commit.

Sorry if you disagree but i just think that policemen nit pick which is easy rather than sort out big crimes as they will take much longer to sort out and do all the paperwork for etc.

Rant over :rolleyes:

I reckon if you said that to him he would most likely tell you that you should put it into your pocket or a bag.

Being drunk and disorderly is not a crime, its a good thing! :D

You just put the elastic bit round the bit on your frame or handle bar etc and it goes round a little bit on the light. Hard to explain.

Might have to get some, then at least they cant say i dont have lights :)

Oh i see. Cheers

I got fined on the 13th Jan after about 5 warnings. I got a 30 pound fine though...28 days to pay it, I still haven't, lol. Then it goes to 45 quid and then after that it will go to court...fun fun.

I argued that I couldn't fit lights and the pig said 'I have the same problem on my bike'...and he said I could put them just under the brakes...I argued and said that if I put them there I would knock them off with my foot after about an hour.

And then he read my rights out and gave me a fine...fat.fanny. and then he said 'I'm not being funny or anything, but happy new year'.

It's Illegal to not have a rear red reflector at ALL times of the day. As for lights, i have a mount that I use in the winter and just pop a light on if it get dark when I'm out with these dark evenings, but I havnt ridden this winter so it's not been used this year. Or if you have netting on the outside of you bag, pop a light in there and cars will see that (Y)

edit: Knog Frogs.. http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=...rch&sa=N&tab=wi

Edited by member1495

I got fined on the 13th Jan after about 5 warnings. I got a 30 pound fine though...28 days to pay it, I still haven't, lol. Then it goes to 45 quid and then after that it will go to court...fun fun.

I argued that I couldn't fit lights and the pig said 'I have the same problem on my bike'...and he said I could put them just under the brakes...I argued and said that if I put them there I would knock them off with my foot after about an hour.

And then he read my rights out and gave me a fine...fat.fanny. and then he said 'I'm not being funny or anything, but happy new year'.

I suggest that you pay the fine then.... £30 isn't a massive amount.

Its the law that you have lights, the fact trials bikes are not ideal for them means sweet fa. There is always a way of attaching lights to a bike will work etc.

I jsut don't like this whole were the victims stylee attitude.

We all know the law!

etc.etc.etc.etc.

Got stopped twice by the same twatting policeman for cruisin through town on my bmx. He said wheres your lights so I got off. then asked where my brakes where, so I said its a brakeless setup and he said thats bullshit, all bikes come with brakes. so i rode off.

Then, bout 30 mins later, riding back through town with a mate, an he stopped us again!!! This time, he was abit pissed off. We were just sat on the seats cruisin up a 1 way street the wrong way so we cud see cars and he went ape. told me that I was pissing him off an that if I said another word he would take my bike off me, lock me in the cells an I would have to go court an pay £125 in fines!!!!!

Funny bit about it was when his policewoman sidekick said you kids go home, so we replied with were 18 and she was like errr, go home lol.

Morral of the story is, if you see a policman, ride away fast lol wankers!!