Front Freewheel Or Rear Profile/chris King?

echoteam!!

i would go for the eno front freewheel to be honest... no point in spending that extra uneeded money on something that has pretty much the same performance (engagements) or if u can wait why not go for the new tensile freewheel when that comes out? 60 eps for £30... bargain (Y)

Jonny

i would go for the eno front freewheel to be honest... no point in spending that extra uneeded money on something that has pretty much the same performance (engagements) or if u can wait why not go for the new tensile freewheel when that comes out? 60 eps for £30... bargain (Y)

Jonny

That's a good point. 20 more engagements and under 20% of the price of a profile.

I personally if i had the money would go for a chris king, even though it is un needed and a waste of money. but I would go for a ENO over a profile though, It has more engagements and is so easy to service and take off since its not all tied into your wheel, and you don't hear any bad stories about how they have broke or keep constantly skipping unlike a profile. Me and my mate have Eno's and they rock, as long as they are serviced and cleaned out properly they are amazing.

I can see the point in having a cassette hub on a stock but it just seems a bit pointless on a mod to be honest. Unless its a king :- .

Edited by Jaffacakes

Well personally i would go for the profile, looks great, sound great (alot nicer than the chris king imo), and rides very smooth.

The way i look at it is whats the point is spending £300 on a chris king when you can get the profile, there is no point it may say it has more engagment points but i have ridden both and they both feel exactly the same to me.

But at the end of the day the choice is yours.

Dan !

p.s - Stay away from front freewheel, never been a big fan of it, dont ask why because i am not sure just never liked it.

Jonny

sorry this is abit off topic but didnt want to start a new topic

but could anyone tell me when the tensile freewheel is out? and has anyone on trials forum tried/tested them? and whats your opinions on them?

cheers fergie (Y)

Jonny

yeah that was kinda what i was thinking i was just getting confused as everyone seems to be going rear profiles and chris kings and saying there better. I personly think that its alot of money to spend on something which does the same thing as a front freewheel.

yeah that was kinda what i was thinking i was just getting confused as everyone seems to be going rear profiles and chris kings and saying there better. I personly think that its alot of money to spend on something which does the same thing as a front freewheel.

Tensile Freewheel available in March. Final picture now on www.onza.com. Onzaboy Mark has been testing final prototype recently.

p.s - Stay away from front freewheel, never been a big fan of it, dont ask why because i am not sure just never liked it.

Why?

It's basicly how much your willing to spend. It's pritty much an established fact that a profile is better than an eno. but ones cheaper and easier to fit.

Kings are better than profiles, but they are soooo much more expensive no one bothers with them.

If you have the money - CK

If not, Profile

From my experiance with front freewheels, they work well (I had an ACS) surprisingly enough, it didn't come loose for me (loose when I got bike back), and skipped a few times, but nothing major.

Only bad thing is, is that they're always hungry and love eating jeans, work trousers, school trousers etc.

Just got my profile on today, and it is looovvvvveeeeellllllyyyy.

It's second hand, so it's already bedded in.

But from brand new they do skip, but once they've made themselves at home, they're fine (Y)

But if you go for a frontfreewheel, go for the Trials ENO.

72ep

reverse thread lockring

ACS's are ok, as long as you coat it in WD40 etc, and locktite the lockring (Y)

It's your choice. :)

Why?

It's basicly how much your willing to spend. It's pritty much an established fact that a profile is better than an eno. but ones cheaper and easier to fit.

Kings are better than profiles, but they are soooo much more expensive no one bothers with them.

I don't really think the Eno is easyer to fit than the profile..

But yer mostly depends on how much cash you have to spend unless someone has to much money and buys a king because they come in cool colours.

:)

just to clear up the odd point...

eno has 72 eps

profile has 48 eps

king has 72 eps

when fitted they give you - at the pedals, on a mod with 18/12 gearing...

eno 72

profile 72

king 108

if you have £400 ( call it £500 if you're building a wheel and currently have FFW) for a rear hub then get a king

if you have £170 (call it £270 if you're building a wheel and currently have FFW) for a rear hub then get a profile

if you have £85 get an eno

eno's absolutely piss on ACS claws - period.

Edited by poopipe

I don't really think the Eno is easyer to fit than the profile..

Eno

Pull of the crank arm, unscrew off the old freewheel, screw on the new freewheel, put the crankarm back on, ride.

Remove the back wheel, take the tyre, tube and tape off. Unlace the wheel, re-lace the whole wheel with the new hub on, put all the tyre and shit back on, but the back wheel on, ride.

Which seems easier?

well this has helped me out as well and looks like i will be going for 1 of those new tensile freehwheels wen they come out better than a acs ( which i have been running atm havnt had much problems with them apart from you need a tool to get them on ) but this new 1 wow wat a bargin £30 60 engagements and all you need to take it off is a bottom bracket tool (Y)(Y)(Y) at last a company that makes some thing simply and you dont need a million tool s for each part on your bike.

Edit: P.S a eno is much easier to fit than a hub :S

Edited by RealRiding

The gearing makes it work out like that. 18:12 is the same ratio as 3:2, which means that every crank rotation will move the front cog 1 full rotation, but the rear will move 1.5 rotations ( i think...)

Get me? I could explain it way more detailed, but I hope that helped for now

which i have been running atm havnt had much problems with them apart from you need a tool to get them on

You need a tool to get them off, but to put them on you just screw them on and they tighten as you pedal.