Front Freewheel Or Rear Profile/chris King?

echoteam!!

People are saying in this topic things like:

if you have the money = king

If you dont = profile

What my point is people are making the profile sound like a cheap hub when it is not is it really, well it is not a cheap hub to me.

Whats your view on that or do you people not mind paying that amount and it seeming like nothing at all.

Dan !

ayup wondering about that 108ep at pedals and i was wondering i run an eno on the rear does this mean i have 108 at pedals? (Y) 18-22 ratio

how do u have a front freewheel on the back just wondering

if you have the money CK import from Aspire Velotch = not that much more than a profile.....

have you orderd from them before because itws comming from the US there is import taxes that can be added. If you have ordered did you get any tax's added?

cheers

Edited by RealRiding

i just got an eno an it is soooooo much better than the old claw, no skipping an it wont come loose!!!been out ridin all after noon an now goin out again, defo recomend the eno

Being better than a 'ACS CLAW' thats hard :P I Went through 4 >_< Gone to profile, i love it, really nice!,

Cheers

Wilky

Eno

Pull of the crank arm, unscrew off the old freewheel, screw on the new freewheel, put the crankarm back on, ride.

Remove the back wheel, take the tyre, tube and tape off. Unlace the wheel, re-lace the whole wheel with the new hub on, put all the tyre and shit back on, but the back wheel on, ride.

Which seems easier?

Well considering freewheels are a bitch to get off.. :rolleyes:

+ people normaly buy profiles as a full wheel as there old rims are normaly 32h.

And its not really "harder" to fit just takes longer.

And finialy if you buy an freewheel over a proflie becuase its "easyer" to fit your a bit of a fag . :)

have you orderd from them before because itws comming from the US there is import taxes that can be added. If you have ordered did you get any tax's added?

cheers

yes i've ordered form them a few times...

to give you a example of how they get around the taxes i'll use the headset i purchased

eg/ headset cost $110 which was about £75 at the time. To get around the import tax they only mark it up as bearings (which was declaired as $14 which was about £8...... if you do get hit with import taxes it will be barely anything :)(Y)

an eno would be sweet on the back 108 engagements

to work it out just do 1.5xE =

E= engagements

i'd go for a profile much less jean chewing and much more power :blink:

er - that would only work if you had a 24 tooth cog on the front

its this sum

( teeth on front / teeth on back ) X engagements

to reiterate...

get an eno if you have less than 200quid to spend - otherwise get a profile (if you must) The EPs are the same at the pedals unless you run a stupid gearing.

I couldn't justify spending 400quid on a rear hub and I'm bloody rich so unless daddy's paying or you can find an excellent deal forget the king

Edited by poopipe

• 2 weeks later...

overall, i prefer my eno front freewheel over my old profile rear hub setup.

its lighter, and as strong. yet it isn't as expensive :)

i dont know where people are coming from with the 'it doesn't feel as solid' statements. could somebody explain please?!?

It's obvious Will, I mena, Profiles have 4 pawls and Enos have 6, so Profiles are obviously going to feel stronger.

Oh...

No...

Wait, that doesn't add up :rolleyes:

If only more people based FFW "goodness" on Enos instead of ACS's. Maybe the world would be a better place.

On the plus side, if you get a Profile, people will have hopefully found a place to get decent replacement bearings for the ones that shit the bed in seemingly most peple's hubs? Joy. Don't forget to allow a bit of money for that on top of the £160 for the hub, £10 for spokes, £10 for a build, then £20 for a fixed sprocket...

Well considering freewheels are a bitch to get off.. :rolleyes:

I'd say that bolting a tool to a freewheel, clamping the crank in a vice then using an extended spanner to tkae it off was a little easier than having to de-lace then re-lace a wheel? You know, just maybe?

people normaly buy profiles as a full wheel as there old rims are normaly 32h.

What? What kind of random assumption is that?