Think Im Needing To See Peoples Veiws.

Synergy

ok i sold my frame and possibly forks, but about a month ago i decided to give up trials to fund a car.

however point 1 i will be getting corsa instead of saxo so its cheaper but i will be modding it,

anyway i been on here a lot lately and i think i dont want to give up. (i dont want people posting woot trials rules dnt give up)

i used to be good but since gf and work and not riding for ages im crap now.

see the things are i could buy 2nd hand frame and forks and ride when i could and also do up car, or just do one or the other.

thing is im not sure what i want to do and im turning to you guys for help if you could?

honeslty its not one of these post give me attention im quitting, in all seriousness im stuck and dnt know what to do.

i love riding in summer but a few of my mates quit but im also looking forward to "crusing" in summer if i pass test. :(

Edited by Synergy

You gave up trials to by a vauxhall corsa, and then modify it? Like every other son and their dog?

Dude, if you are going to quit, atleast thing of an origional idea to quit for. :ermm:

As you want to modify a corsa, i'm going to say quit, as you don't deserve to walk the earth, let alone ride trials. :P

You gave up trials to by a vauxhall corsa, and then modify it? Like every other son and their dog?

Dude, if you are going to quit, atleast thing of an origional idea to quit for. :ermm:

As you want to modify a corsa, i'm going to say quit, as you don't deserve to walk the earth, let alone ride trials. :P

no mate i am being totally serious (it was going to be a saxo still might be) but i just i dont know im not to sure what i want to do and i thought you lot would have good opinions, thankyou anyway :P

also i am seriously into my cars.

Edited by Synergy

When I got a proper g/f I sold my bike too, now that we have parted im back riding again as I have much more time on my hands. I allways regretted selling my bike in the first place but I just wasn't riding it enough to justify keeping it.

Why not pic up a nice frame and fork for £200 or so and at least you'll have a bike, then whatever money is left over can go into the car. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time changing anything on a corsa, if it was a nice car I could understand,(nice to me is mk1 fiesta, mk2 gold, capri, mini etc) but it's ultimately up to you....

that was a good help (Y) i understand what you mean. more opinions please guys (Y)

Hey, well you know my opinion.... if i were you id get the corsa AFTER you pass your test and in the mean while get saving for both. Dont quit trials to drive a car... if you have both bike and car it just means you can ride more and go more places. Save for both!

also i am seriously into my cars.

If you was seriously into car's you wouldn't be picking between a saxo and a corsa. ;)

Personally, if trials doesn't keep you anymore, i would just not bother. It's more expensive then it's worth if it doesn't interest you properly.

And with a corsa or saxo you will need all the spare money you can get the amount they will f**k up. :turned:

You will prob get bored of cars quite quickly in some respects, and modding something like a corsa is IMO a waste of money- you will look like a chav and have a slow car that looks hilarious.

Now i know there are those show cars that have a lot of effort time and money put into them, and if you really are going to do something like that, and go to all the shows, then fine i would respect you, but if your chosing a cheaper car so you can afford a body kit and a sub to go 'cruzin' with your mates then your an idiot.

keep a trials bike, once its there its not too expensive to maintain, and you can come back to it as and when you please. there are lots of us on here who ride and are into our cars!

thankyou guys, only reason im go ing for a corsa is they cheap 2nd hand and cheap to insure as atm i dont have much money.

as for speed the other car on my list is a saxo vtr and its not as if they aint fast 0-60 in 9 seconds. just they expensive atm 2nd hand. i am into modding and i mean serious stuff like my brother ps2 dvd player 4 screens bucket seats engine mods the whole lot, its not a case of 2 speaker an exhaust and a bodykit

Edited by Synergy

I don't sympathise with anyone who sells their bike to buy a car. As if driving around in a car all Sunday is ever going to be worthwhile.

mate not helpful, its something im into, some people are into chess, some people are into gardening, some people are into cartoons im into cars. its not going to make me a millionaire but it will make me happy as so does trials.

mate not helpful, its something im into, some people are into chess, some people are into gardening, some people are into cartoons im into cars. its not going to make me a millionaire but it will make me happy as so does trials.

Well then silly boy you have just answered your own question

Don't bother selling up, you'll only regret it. Corsas are shit and Saxos are shitter. Its your first car so it will be shit, regardless, so dont waste your money trying to make it into something its not.

Your insurance will be a lot and about 3-4 months of insurance will cover the cost of your bike...so whats the point in selling it? Only sell up if you NEED to to actually OWN a car, not put bits of plastic on it...we all know that those corsas need spoilers, the sheer speed of the car and it would take off.

Keep the bike.

I'd still content that hanging around a McDonalds car park, 'cruizin', and doing up bangers is not being into cars...

Anyway:

IPB Image

Exactly. I'd quite happily drive around all day on a Sunday, just for the hell of it, just because I can and it would make a change from having to stop in my own town all the time.

...but still, doesn't mean I'm into cars, I hate the twats that go any car up, even if it looks 'good' according to max power mag, its a big of SHIT. A tacky cheap car covered in plastic that cost him thousands of pounds...which he could have actually used to by a decent car.

Don't be a pillock, keep the corsa standard. No one finds "done' up" cars nice unless they have the mental age of a 12 year old, you'll impress no one accept sluts, retards and retarded sluts.

dont do up a car rather than funding a bike, ok stick a nice stereo in there blatently because it has to be done but i have found that keeping my car standard i can race around town and everywhere and not get caught by cops, its probably a little on the better side of things to be keeping your car a bit more inconspicous from the old bill especially only being able to have 6 points on your license for two years is it ? (not sure there) Preserve your license as long as possible, "your the person that gets the license, your the only person that can take it away"

stu (Y)

i am into modding and i mean serious stuff like my brother ps2 dvd player 4 screens bucket seats engine mods the whole lot, its not a case of 2 speaker an exhaust and a bodykit

Dude, it sounds like you've seen a friend's car with a ps2 in the glove box, connected to a flip out screen and think thats what a serious modder does.

I wouldn't bother with the car, it seriously sounds like you don't have a clue what it is actually involved.

Get a shit car when the funds allow it, drive that around, crash it, what ever, then when you are 19 or 20, and actually have a clue, maybe then you can be a "serious" modder, until then, i wouldn't waste your time.

My van will have a ps2 (or similar) in it when finished, but its also a very cool A-team style van, and the plans for the interior include full leather sofa, limo style, 20inch plus screen, and mini bar! so its slightly differrent lol!

i agreee its a bit pointless in a daily driver!

Simon why are you such a cock?

Your a twat to someone in every post you make!

He was merely asking what he should do :ermm:

Oh and Simon, Your telling him he dont deserve to walk this earth?

Your a f**king cleaner :closedeyes::lol:

Edited by squince

Simon why are you such a cock?

Your a twat to someone in every post you make!

He was merely asking what he should do :ermm:

Oh and Simon, Your telling him he dont deserve to walk this earth?

Your a f**king cleaner :closedeyes::lol:

If you read my post, i didn't say he didn't deserve to walk the earth. I'm not sure if you are old enough to understand a metaphor. Going by that post you aren't anyway.

And er, i'm a web developer? :ermm:

I answered his question, he expanded, and i again responded to what he expanded on. If he expects people to take him serious when he says putting a ps2 in a car is serious modding, he has another thing coming.

Didn't you know that a PS2 makes your car go faster? <_<

In all seriousness, buy a Yaris, it'll never go wrong, cheap to insure, and will last forever. Keep it till your 23, then think of all those thousands of pounds youve saved on insurance and bodykit and breakdown repair that you can then spend on a proper car, like a second hand elise or summat.

Ha... did anyone see the Top Gear where the old guys with their bare bones racer raced the modded 306? The 306 didn't just get beaten it got whooped! Was brilliant! Stupid bits of plastic that do arse all....

Ha... did anyone see the Top Gear where the old guys with their bare bones racer raced the modded 306? The 306 didn't just get beaten it got whooped! Was brilliant! Stupid bits of plastic that do arse all....

That's 'cause the idiot weighed it down with a tonne of stuff, then thought a V6 lump would compensate. Er, reality check, far from it, 18 inch chrome wheels to put 200 bhp down? Think not. The chassis was also not designed for that sort of power, nor is front wheel drive.

But yeh, going a bit wide of the topic here. :lol: