Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Nice. The car cost me £250 plus 60 for road tax as that was going to end soon. Insurance via Hastings was £1400ish. There's a bit of rust here and there but with a bit of work you wouldn't notice it.

Do yo have a pic of how your 6x9 fitted as that what i'm thinking of doing as well so people tink its a basic car and nothing has been altered so they don't rob it lol.

Mines been lowered as well (Y)

I'm gunna get some BBS off this guy who rode off his golf lol but 100 for wheels and tires is not ta bad. plus migt be putting some golf brakes on the front lol.

Do you know how the side trims come off? as i would like to take them off. I think it'll look better off.

Edited by TomN

on my car

i got a piece of card and a small screwdriver and slowly prised the first bit off then slide it left or right, could even be up or down on VW's i bought some spares for mine in case i fudged it and i didnt so i wasted moneys lol

Right. Clean up thee motor and took the side trims off. Looks much better I think. All i need now is to sort is the odd bits of rust and the deal for these BBS and it'll be sorted.

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Page 7!! whats going on!

What bits of rust!? looks pretty spotless to me for an 18 year old car. How the hell'd you get it for 250? Wish mine was in as good nick as that externaly.

Wish I had some pictures of my car to put up, but at the moment its got a bunch of primer grey blotch's on it. Gunna take it off the road for a bit in the next few weeks and give the head a minour re-build, tappets are a bit noisy and I don't really wanna thrash it when I don't have a clue when the last head-gasket change was. Then as soon as I can afford it it'll be going 40mm down, and having some half decent 195/50R14 tyres put on. Then thats it untill I'm 19 and I can go on HIC, when the fun can start. :D

Bye Bye GTi....It time has come...

darkside of CO, sitting pretty

There will be more dubs...

Project aircooled next....then when I graduate, its onto the really expensive stuff!

thats intense! :D My comment is similar to someone else on that forum, Flames usually look awful and very "yank" however that airbrushing looks superb!

• 1 month later...

got new suspension at the weekend, boge gas turbo shocks and eibach pro springs (25-30mm lower :) )

then my head gasket went, again :(, shit gsf gaskets. got a new one in yesturday and feels alot better hopefully this one will last longer than a month ....

gallery_4703_945_52032.jpg

gallery_4703_945_48283.jpg

just needs a wash now to get the oily hand marks off, and i think some lowering spring cups , its still abit high at the front

cheas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Attention: Stance Immanent!

just waiting for a reply to an offer on some wheels, should get them.

16x8, final offset after adaptors et-5 !!!!

80mm drop springs also on the cards, along with my 90 spec arch kit.

maybe a GTi rear beam and a set of eibach antiroll bars for good measure

• 2 weeks later...

Not my VW.. but my brother has a VW Eos.. brand new with the i think 17" alloys the silver front and goldish sides. ill get a pic tomoz! (Y) Sam. of the real thing.

Same as the blue one. Just he didnt get the retarded girl with it. Shame id love to have beaten her.

eos.jpg

Any one want a set of teledials, 15x6, good nick, no curbing, (one has scratching, could easily be fixed), tyres with 5mm left on them?

I am in need of some banded 14" steelies, or at least some G60 steelies, banded or not. Some awsome ones on E38 atm, but a bit too wide at 9.5", and a tad expensive too at £500.

vwsn6.jpg

Since f22-kgu is about to be dropped on some 80mm springs, put back to small bumpers, im looking for wheels more in keeping with the 80's look of small bumpers (porsche cookie cutters) or some nice steelies, to add to the slightly rat look the car will be getting compared to what it is now.

Edited by nmt_oli

hence why i saiid there a bit too wide!

7.5 would be what i would be looking for. Might have to get a quote from widewheels, they are now a proper banding company. Machine welded, supply certificates with wheels too.

Its either that, or making my teledials into splits. carl austin can't do it, so im now in research mode for various different pre existing lips. trying to find out about BBS rm lips first. will then have to get a tyre off a wheel, and measure things up, see if its possible. then its machine shop time.

New wheels arrived for golf2, there BIG! gonna get the tyres off tomorrow, then test fit one onto my car and see just how far they stick out to see if its going to be feasable. Would like them under g60 arches, but think that would be too much tyre stretch. will probably have to weld up custom metal arches to run a decent tyre size.