Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Looks great dude

Square lights would be perfect (Y)

Have thought about a Corrado front end, I'll have a look at a few more and see if I like it or not. I'd like to put a modified 4 light grille in it though, I think that would look nice.

A few photos from this afternoons session with the polishing rags and spanners, rear wiper laid flat, engine tidying and trim waxing !

Now playing Forza 2 all afternoon to remake my mk2 haha....

50flsi.jpg

2j345c4.jpg

29dwizt.jpg

35ioe3n.jpg

eq9ues.jpg

Don't do the 4 light grill Jardo, they look awful.

That rocco looks evil, pity it's got the uber gay euro stretched tyre thing going on though, standard tyres on it and space them in properly and it would look amazing.

what you lot think to this insurance quote

19 years old, just passed (havnt but will by mid july i hope) no years no claims, no pass plus. can get insured as a name driber on my mums policy for 1250 odd.

now the car

1.8 GTI mk2 golf :D :D :D

1900 on my own policy

So glad I'm not a new driver anymore, I'd be well pissed if I had to pay more than £400 for my 16v insurance :P

You suck. :(

I did a rocco quote, it was £2057, did another one on TP only, which was more, then tried one identical to the £2057 one only I said I had a thatcham cat 1 alarm in it (because I'd put one in if it was worth it) and it went up by £2.

What the shit?

I keep doing quotes to see how much they are. I've done loads now :P

I tried one a while back, I got admiral, £1500. The last time I tried, it was £2770 for admiral.

:huh: There's something not right there.

Keanu Brown :shifty: gets a similar quote.

Why the f**k has insurance gone up by £500 in the space of a fortnight?

Edited by Bruce Lee

what you lot think to this insurance quote

19 years old, just passed (havnt but will by mid july i hope) no years no claims, no pass plus. can get insured as a name driber on my mums policy for 1250 odd.

now the car

1.8 GTI mk2 golf :D :D :D

1900 on my own policy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Im swaying towards a mk.2 gti once im 18, 8v my own policey fully comp £1290 ;)

Who're you insured with? What is the difference performance wise on 8v and 16vs?

The difference is 8 valve and f**k all.

If anything the 8V's are better for every day driving.

-

Right, now I've slept on it the plan is.....

The cars in my sisters garage and I've got my 100e to drive so I can get about, I'm going to go right through the golf replacing everything that needs it and anything I'm not sure of.

Then when I hit 18 I'll start looking for insurance quotes, if I can get one below 2K I'll have it and drive her. If not I'll carry on doing bits to it, because insurance for my 100e is only £23 a week and normally I'd be paying £123 a week !

The difference is 8 valve and f**k all.

If anything the 8V's are better for every day driving.

You're fooling nobody, 16v's are just better all round - more power, more torque, more tuning potential, about the same MPG, better factory spec, arguably more reliable... :D

And Tom_ 18-20 I was with Elephant with my mum and 2 sisters on the policy, 20-23 I've been with Adrian Flux and it's nearly renewal time again so I'll let you know how much it costs me

...Though thinking about it, I'll be insuring a Mondeo, not my Golf :P Golf is coming off the road for a big project! :D

Well it's MOT time and it won't pass another so I was going to cut it up to weigh it in anyway...

My mate just crashed his MK3 so I've robbed all the wide track stuff off it so I have a spare subframe/hubs/wisbones/suspension etc...

I have a spare 16v engine + box out of one of my old cars in my garage...

..... :rolleyes:

Camper came back from the paint shop a while ago, just never popped up any fresh pictures.

th_IMG_0757.jpg

th_IMG_0759.jpg

th_IMG_0756.jpg

Isn't looking bad for a 100k shell and 2 new battery trays! Roof's been painted cloud white, the same as the bumpers, and wheel outer's. The wheels aren't staying thou, we've found something a little special and managed to buy them! :D

Just an interior left now, which should be getting reupholstered soon!

Well it's MOT time and it won't pass another so I was going to cut it up to weigh it in anyway...

My mate just crashed his MK3 so I've robbed all the wide track stuff off it so I have a spare subframe/hubs/wisbones/suspension etc...

I have a spare 16v engine + box out of one of my old cars in my garage...

..... :rolleyes:

Arnt twin engines pretty.... illegal?

Probably for the road (without the relevant safety tests), but it'll probably never be on the road again... Will be more of an experiment, if it works out we'll take it round Donington & maybe build a serious Ring tool with twin VR6, if not I've not lost anything :)

I've been inspired by the Durocco :wub:

Edited by Jolfa