Can You Spot A Trials Rider?

MikeCottTrials

You can sometimes tell, most of the riders i know, have their shoulders pointing more forward where the muscle has grown. You can't tell if they are wearing a hoodie, but you can if they have a t-shirt on.

That shoulder thing is true, i've only just noticed that hah, it might just be me and the people i know but i have a habit of jumping up/down things(usually lines they would do/wish they could do), i will grow out of this in a few years (i hope)...

I only wear it when im riding, either trials or dirt. I've got a long sleeve white and a short sleeve white shirt, and it confused my mate when I took one off to show the other one underneath lol

I don't think you could tell, unless 2 had a really big grin on their faces

yup you can tell with the braking methods and the stance on the pedals,

i dont know about the rest of you but i can sure as hell realise if somebody is actually good or skilled in someway/used to a trials bike with the way they stand up and pedal, especially chavs who dont even know what a trials bike is as they have boaght it for 20quid, they tend to be all stiff and look like they have been ring pieced. they pedal with the bike moving from side to side so much and have more or less a full hand over the brake lol. lots of other people just dont seem to be relaxed on a bike.

yup you can tell with the braking methods and the stance on the pedals,

i dont know about the rest of you but i can sure as hell realise if somebody is actually good or skilled in someway/used to a trials bike with the way they stand up and pedal, especially chavs who dont even know what a trials bike is as they have boaght it for 20quid, they tend to be all stiff and look like they have been ring pieced. they pedal with the bike moving from side to side so much and have more or less a full hand over the brake lol. lots of other people just dont seem to be relaxed on a bike.

Your spot on there.I can always tell aswell,my mate got on my bike the other day and you could tell he was a rugby player and not a biker.He looked so stiff,he could hardly pull away and i dont think he knows the meaning of the word balance.

I do this kind of mistake to (Y):D

sometimes I forget my age and the date of my birthday :$

Hahaha...I did that the other day,someone asked me my age, at first i couldnt remember and then i said im 12 :lol::blink: The silly thing is im 14 in a week.

random white line around the head from where youve had your helmet on too long? kinda like a bikini tan but different :P

Ben

I never got them on my head, but in the summer when i wore shorts and fox strap shin pads i used to have two pale lines on each leg where the straps had been, looked like a right nob 'ed.

I never got them on my head, but in the summer when i wore shorts and fox strap shin pads i used to have two pale lines on each leg where the straps had been, looked like a right nob 'ed.

ive had a tan right down my arms which stopped where my gloves where

im always lookin for lines everywhere i go so yea it think its quite easy to spot me but dont no if everyone is mental :blink: jus me then? ok nevermind :-

My gf doesnt know yet, she thinks i just am gormless, there are greater forces at work inside there is :P

Since I have been biking for several years my walk has gotton worse. I can't stand for long until my kness get a pain in them (only when I am standing straight). One of mates Chisholm has the funniest walk I have ever seen :lol:. Clicking in the wrists aswell.

it might just be me and the people i know but i have a habit of jumping up/down things(usually lines they would do/wish they could do), i will grow out of this in a few years (i hope)...

unlikely.

I'm still doing it, and if you're quiet you can occasionally catch my dad doing it

Since I have been biking for several years my walk has gotton worse. I can't stand for long until my kness get a pain in them (only when I am standing straight). One of mates Chisholm has the funniest walk I have ever seen :lol:. Clicking in the wrists aswell.

Lol he bobs up and down!

from stuart :arabia:

Clothes, talk, what they have on their pencil case, things like that. I know in maths lessons and things id imagine myself being a mini-person and hopping from the top of the white-board, to the door handle to the desks at the front of the class... you're head begins to wonder like that subconsciously... its great for us, but a bit strange for on-lookers haha! I know im not the only one who has done this, anybody remember Martyn Ashtons column in a past MBUK - keyboard, to hole-punch, to stapler grind - summot like that!

I'll say one thing, the NHS is going to have NO money at all when we are all old and suffering with Arthritis (sp)... o well, you only live once, RIDE ON!!

J. ^_^