Beer Vs Vodka

nohpee°

Double vodka with lime and lemonade. Easily the most popular.. and best in my opinion

Ive stopped myself having those becasue they taste like a fruit drink and I cant stop atleast with vokda and coke, jd and coke I can tell its got alcohol in it.

Gin and lemonade is great.

Wine is the worst thing ever, it makes me throw up.

17% alc? U sure?

Considering a pint of baileys will cost a shitload...most beers I get are between 8 and 12 percent. Baileys is not meant to be the sole ingredient, but just something to mix in to make mixed drinks.

How old are you guys in here :) I know if any male around me bought baileys or smirnoff ice they would never hear the end of how gay they are.

Considering a pint of baileys will cost a shitload...most beers I get are between 8 and 12 percent. Baileys is not meant to be the sole ingredient, but just something to mix in to make mixed drinks.

Wow. Only homeless people drink beer that strong in this country.

How old are you guys in here :) I know if any male around me bought baileys or smirnoff ice they would never hear the end of how gay they are.

I'm 21, and I think in the last few years, drinking tart fuel has become loads more acceptable and cool. In fact in most places you go, all the cool kids propping up the bar in their faggish shirt and smart shoes wouldn't be seen dead with a beer... But there you go. I'm sure in a couple of years that will change.

Wow. Only homeless people drink beer that strong in this country.

I'm 21, and I think in the last few years, drinking tart fuel has become loads more acceptable and cool. In fact in most places you go, all the cool kids propping up the bar in their faggish shirt and smart shoes wouldn't be seen dead with a beer... But there you go. I'm sure in a couple of years that will change.

Strange, they don't sell beer that strong in america that isn't really really expensive. Mostly belgian brews, 15 dollars a pint. I would love to have cheap high % beer, but I doubt your stuff tastes decent...maximator I remember in france, holy shit that was horrible! Got it from a gas station, was 12.4 percent or something...me and my mate had a chugging contest with it.

Yeah tart fuel will get your ass kicked in america, just FYI for anyone coming over here...unless you thoroughly enjoy sitting on guys dicks.

Edited by AndrewT

Yeh, I think things have changed a lot over here, too, with respect to guys drinking woman drinks.

However, I still wouldn't pay for any alcopops like smirnoff ice, all those drinks are pretty much lemonade as far as I'm concerned... 5%!? Bah. But having said that, isn't that the strength of you're average beer around here?

my hangovers usually start around 15-20 drinks in me...couldn't imagine 2+ beers giving you one that is insane. I guarantee I could give you a hangover after 2 of my red bull vodkas.

I love you. I hadn't had that idea before, but have been trying to think of some mixes lately for next time my mates crash at mine, and all the time there has been a bottle of vodka and loads of red bull sat next to me.

How does it fare?

Btw, does anyone know any cool, or nice cocktails or anything I can make using Martini/Vermouth? Cos I got a couple of bottles here my parents gave me that they didn't want, but IMO drinking martini straight tastes like malt vinegar. It's gotta be common household stuff/drinks to mix with though, nothing too fancy that I wouldn't have...?

my hangovers usually start around 15-20 drinks in me...couldn't imagine 2+ beers giving you one that is insane. I guarantee I could give you a hangover after 2 of my red bull vodkas.

Im a small guy and it just mkaes me bloated after a couple and tastes like crap. Theres something in it that just makes me have ahangover in the morning if I drink 3 pints of it. If I drink a pint and then 10 singles of something Ill be fine.

I love you. I hadn't had that idea before, but have been trying to think of some mixes lately for next time my mates crash at mine, and all the time there has been a bottle of vodka and loads of red bull sat next to me.

How does it fare?

Btw, does anyone know any cool, or nice cocktails or anything I can make using Martini/Vermouth? Cos I got a couple of bottles here my parents gave me that they didn't want, but IMO drinking martini straight tastes like malt vinegar. It's gotta be common household stuff/drinks to mix with though, nothing too fancy that I wouldn't have...?

red bull vodkas are a staple, I can fit 6-7 shots of vodka into a pint glass and fill the rest with red bull and it still tastes great.

One of my most favorite drinks is the dirty martini...however you need either vodka or gin- basically take a martini glass, put ice in it...take the mixer- putt olive juice and vodka or gin in it (I prefer gin) with ice and shake it up- pour the ice out of the martini glass (its there to chill the glass), splash some vermouth in it and pour it out..then pour the drink in and drop a few olives in...amazing shit.

You can make a standard martini with just vermouth and gin or vodka, but it really helps if you have a martini glass. I'm not sure what you mean by drinking martini straight- a martini is a drink, vermouth is an ingredient in a martini.

I got you michael, sometimes beer makes me feel gross and I have to switch to whisky and cokes.

Cheers Andy, I'll definately try out the red bull and vodka, maybe something with martini and vodka too. I think I'll give the olives a miss though, they don't come into my household that often and I'm not too keep on them anyway.

By drinking martini straight, I meant the make of vermouth, called "Martini& Rossi London", or "Martini"- whatever you wanna call it. This shizzle:

http://www.nnmagic.com/magicitems/images/vb_martini.jpg

I know nothing about vermouth or drinks in general other than the basic "night out" drinks, I just got given a couple of bottles of the stuff from my parents and fancied making some cocktails.

Any other cocktails to make with martini, that don't involve olives? I got vodka, and a bunch of other entirely random drinks lieing around like Tia maria, baileys, malibu, irish velvet (irish coffee maker- man, this shit is potent), pink lady (perry), mulled wine, etc.

Lemon juice?? Also got other fruit juices..?

Im surprised no ones mentioned cider yet! ok, strongbow has a reputation as being tramps piss but i find it easier to drink than lager (get less bloated) and much prefer the taste of cider. Unfortunately hardly anywhere has good cider!

I really want to get over to dorset and try some of there mega potent brews- ive heard of ciders that pubs will not serve as a pint because they are that strong! :S were talking 15% + here!

I am also partial to a double whiskey, lemonade and lime. usually have Southern comfort, but need to try a few more out.

With lager, i do enjoy it for a couple of pints, but it bloats me too much. i also prefer the lighter ones (grolsh, coors ect.). I can't stand cheap stuff like carling and carlsberg :sick: .

Cheers Andy, I'll definately try out the red bull and vodka, maybe something with martini and vodka too. I think I'll give the olives a miss though, they don't come into my household that often and I'm not too keep on them anyway.

By drinking martini straight, I meant the make of vermouth, called "Martini& Rossi London", or "Martini"- whatever you wanna call it. This shizzle:

http://www.nnmagic.com/magicitems/images/vb_martini.jpg

I know nothing about vermouth or drinks in general other than the basic "night out" drinks, I just got given a couple of bottles of the stuff from my parents and fancied making some cocktails.

Any other cocktails to make with martini, that don't involve olives? I got vodka, and a bunch of other entirely random drinks lieing around like Tia maria, baileys, malibu, irish velvet (irish coffee maker- man, this shit is potent), pink lady (perry), mulled wine, etc.

Lemon juice?? Also got other fruit juices..?

yeah don't call that martini, its just vermouth. You can make all kinds of martinis...search for cosmopolitan, or just martini drinks.

Baileys + chai tea + whisky = amazing drink, get it hot. You have a ton of mixers and nothing real to drink except for vodka- you need gin, whisky, rum to go with all those mixers...malibu is rum but maaaaaaaaaaan is it girly :)

malibu + fruit juices or coke is good- try it with vanilla coke if you have it. Mulled wine + soda/seltzer/tonic could be tasty. Invite me over I'll bartend :)

yey, lets start a tf real ale club to rival the "mini" and "vw" club :P

hell yeah, I'm in

TFCAMRA

we'll be able to play the who can do the biggest & stinkiest ale poo game on rides.

- ooh - and on the cocktails with vermouth thing

long island ice tea

How does it fare?

red bull vodka is great, quite shocked you ain't tried it before i always thought it was quite popular.

a great cocktail to get you pissed is a 'ghosttrain' shot of vodka, jd and southern comfort and then top up with lemonade, will get you royaly f**ked!

AndrewT, real ales and beer in the uk are great B) plus its becoming a lot more popular in the UK with more and more bars offering them :) and can cost between £2 - £5 depending on the beer and place! though i was in one pub at christmas and they had real ale costing £1.60 a pint!!!

Strange, they don't sell beer that strong in america that isn't really really expensive. Mostly belgian brews, 15 dollars a pint. I would love to have cheap high % beer, but I doubt your stuff tastes decent...

Carlsberg Special Brew is about 8.9% and that tastes like crap. It's basically just cheap beer with added meths or something. But in terms of alcoholic content per pound spent, it's probably about as potent as anything, which is I guess why tramps drink it...

I went to one of those american college house partys you guys see in the movies last night :) Girls every where, I saw some boobs and saw 2 fights (broken glass and door!) then the cops came and everyone freaked out and some girl also tried to do a keg stand then fell over :rofl:

I used to drink pints of stella most the time then maybe double jd's and coke near the end of the nite.

But since going to dublin i drink guinness when im not out on a heavy session. Even though guinness is filling its easier to drink more i find then stella due to stellas gasseyness.

really gets you wankered.

:D First time I've heard it called that...new word from now on.

I like lager...cant stomach many vodka things that I make myself in a pub...they just taste like shit and burn my throat out...call me a woman, lol. I also can't be doing with the WDK shitty drinks, some are nice, some are way too sweet but I always feel out of my gender drinking them.

So lagar it is, carling is nice, carlsberg, fosters and then bud.

Guiness I like, but if your looking to pull, no girls I know like the taste of guiness. Also it makes me feel sick if I drink too much of it. I downed a few pints of guiness in a pub once...finished them all...and then they all came back. All over the table, floor, seats and myself. Some big bald man came and carried me out and threw me on the street...now banned from there. Ah well.

Just a random story here, but I was out drinking in Derby last night and got stopped by this lad who said 'hey, your that lad with the bike aren't you, I seen you you're shit hot'. :) Who's famous?

hell yeah, I'm in

TFCAMRA

we'll be able to play the who can do the biggest & stinkiest ale poo game on rides.

- ooh - and on the cocktails with vermouth thing

long island ice tea

or we'll have excuses to be rat arsed on rides because we're "ale tasting"