Magura Black Pads

Andy Kay

Sadly, Magura black pads are best used for throwing at people in the cinema!

As a brake pad, they are about as much use as using a strawberry lace as a cable for an avid BB7.

Unless of course your name is Rowan Johns, and you missed the bit where we were all told 'you need GOOD back brakes'

Really though, they dont work overly well. You get a load of modulation with them, and they can be OK for a front brake, but generally, Id advise you keep clear of them!

If you must use them, avoid using them on a grind, they just turn to dust!

They will be OK with copious amounts of tar, although any pad will work with tar really!

Al

Maguras are really designed for MTBing. And magura blacks would be ok for MTBing i supose.

But no good for trials.

If you really want some sort of brake out of them, a shag load of tar will be needed.

they work amazingly well with ceramic rims though

They do indeed, and VERY well on any grind. They are an all-round purpose compound, i ran them on my front maggy for years! Loads of modulation (stoppies rule) and just enough lock-up when you need it!

J.

u have to admit blak pads are great on a normal bike? ther not for trials just like the green frog ones or what ever they was called? could all be a scheme sein that u get black pads with them so you buy decent pads strate away! :P

thankss mee

They do indeed, and VERY well on any grind. They are an all-round purpose compound, i ran them on my front maggy for years! Loads of modulation (stoppies rule) and just enough lock-up when you need it!

J.

I ran them on a fresh grind they work so good (Y) for about 10 min :- .