Decent Stock Frame/bike With V Mounts.

Jez

Had a look around and the only one I can see that comes with standard V mounts (I've been there and done the Maggy thing, and I always kept coming back to V's) are the BT Raven frames...which some people don't seem to like.

I'm riding a short, cheap mod (Saracen 2.zero, ack) at the mo, so something that has as similar as possible feel to that would be good. Ideally with a real seatpost in it (I'm a bit oldschool). I'm thinking shorter rather than longer - I ain't a UCI boy and I do like to chuck my bike around a bit :)

On a similar note are there any GOOD mod frames out there with V mounts?

Cheers guys.

I'm an idiot, for some reason i thought you meant mod. Still struggling to think of any stock frames. The steel frames would be your best bet, curtis and leeson etc. oooo a Base frame might suit you, have a looksey for the ta26. maybe the Saracen stock frames?

Edited by tipsy Jock

I can't think of ANY mod frames except the lower end ones that have either a seat or a V brake mounts, let alone both!

Yeah, I've been having a good ol' google for anything, but it just looks like nobody does 'em. I'm hoping someone on here has heard of a good frame that has _real_ brake mounts ;)

You could just get any frame with 4 bolt mounts and buy the heatsink v brake adapters for it. I hear they're top notch, very stiff!

www.heatsinkbikes.com pics and info on there :]

Oh and about the mod frame, megamo radical or an old school monty xlite would probably suit you.

Edited by roozor

Hey, don't knock the Saracens ;), my last stock steed was a nicely kitted out X-Ile *cough*...but that was some time ago and the world has moved on. Thanks for the recomendations guys, I'll look into the Base stuff.

OR.........

you could buy any FRAME with 4 bolt mounts and buy some "Heatsink" V adaptors???? :D

also this means you can buy any frame you wish, like out of the hundreds available. if you want V specific though, you need to look at some of th eoptions people have put up, YAABAA "levelboss" style frame. or sumot like a Base. is it "purely" trials use???? there is a S/S Trials/Street bike from KST. well nice we have one at the shop it looks the B*LL*X and no faffing with gears or owt (Y):D

Waynio..........................

:o Did you get that off prawn ?

nice spray job ... B)

old pures are good... but what wayne said seems to make sense

o yes, its his old one, i had a black one before that i got new, but stupidly sold it for a curtis :(

the spray job was questionable-he missed bits and it has chipped like feck :P but it was very smooth and shiny so i dont mind :) i shall get a pic of it with its new bits later