The Best Cranks You Hav Ever Had.....

joe parker

hello, i was juts wonderin wat all you thought wre your best cranks??????????????????? :D

cheers joe

Had a set of lx 5 arm about 7 years ago, i think they were faulty as they would not break :huh: had them about 2 years... got a pair of profile 3 peice crank's 165mm with ti axle, there sweet :D but i use middleburn rs7 at the mo as i've got a leeson, but there realy good had them over 3 years..

no!! shut up mr monty you monty biased fag! every time someone asks what would be best on their bike you recomend a monty product :huh: why? :huh: is that *all* you have used?

Anyway, if you are looking for general abuse taking crank(not for trials), the old wtp pro cranks are amaaaaaaaaaaaazinggggg i think they're the general issue crank around here :P (either that or the royals) for trials, the best cranks have either got to be burns or tensiles. i'm going to say burns because i own some ;)

no!! shut up mr monty you monty biased fag! every time someone asks what would be best on their bike you recomend a monty product :huh: why? :huh: is that *all* you have used?

Monty X-lite cranks are the best though :P .

There light, strong, look sexy, feel so nice and there only £70 so there £40 cheaper than other top end cranks. The only downside is there only 158mm but meh, they feel good.

It is strange monty not charging double what everyone else does though, that's there usual party trick :rolleyes: .

don't be a boomerang mat ;)

Ive tried 3 types of cranks so far, old sh!te ones, the normal tensile ones and my mates monty Xlite ones, and the monty ones were the best. Basically the tensiles always bite into my ankle and the sh!te ones were..well....sh!te really

Anyway, if you are looking for general abuse taking crank(not for trials), the old wtp pro cranks are amaaaaaaaaaaaazinggggg i think they're the general issue crank around here :P (either that or the royals) for trials, the best cranks have either got to be burns or tensiles. i'm going to say burns because i own some ;)

Well why do you think he uses the product?? Beacause he thinks its one of the best (Y) And no he has used so many different parts we could be here for hours going through them all :P And you're a bit contradictive no? moaning at him for always reccomending monty, because he has and loves them, but then you go and say

i'm going to say burns because i own some ;)
and when most people o nthis threead have reccomended the cranks that they use???? Please think before you type and click ADD POST (Y)

On Topic Now:

I have only even used 2 types of crank so im not the best to give an opinion, but i will say that i am quite happy with my 04 echos (Y)

Well, I own tensiles and i must say they are far over-rated. Yeah, they are light, really light, but i cracked a set and I am not really that good. A few of my mates have burns, nice cranks, stiff but pricey. However, another of my mates uses some fsa cranks that are about seven years old and they are very stiff, i don't know the length but they are just nice. I prefere them to all other cranks.

My '05 Echo's.

They're the best because:

1. I had T-Bird cranks to start - rounded the taper
  2. FSA PowerPros - as above
  3. Monty 219 - Had the fixed 24t chainring, I was still running T-Bird gearing

Then I got my Echo ones, as I couldn't run the gearing I had on my Zona, because of the CNCing on the frame (chain rubbed a lot on it)

So I went front freewheel, didn't have much to spend, so Echo's it was.

Does the job (Y)