Trial In Wales - Free Camping - Training - Plus Downhill

UCI Trial

why dont you reuse stuff?

:S

You know those bike parts that you break, wear out, get stolen ... well ...

- New section flags for 2006 old ones broken beyond repair

- New masonary drill for section building old one got stolen/gone missing

- New tables for signing on always used my own camping table up till now

- Toilets personally I'd like a clean and empty one for each comp!!!

- Wine to thank observers would somehow lose the "thanks" if we asked for it back for next time!

- Section tape for national round if anyone wants to wash all the mud off and wrap it up neatly, you're welcome to - thanks for the offer!

- Awards for top 3 in each class at club rounds "here's your prize, now can we have it back for next month!"

- End of year championship awards "here's your prize, now can we have it back for next year!"

- clipboards - have always used my own in the past - and they do wear out

- Rubbish bags well I'm not going to empty them out and wash them!

- marker pens wear out/get lost/dry up

- time-clocks die eventually / get accidentally taken home / disappear

- batteries die

- punches get wet, rusty, eventually go blunt and don't punch any more

- punchcards re-use?... ok we can do that, I'll enter the next comp myself and re-use Chris Walker's punchcard from the last comp!

:P:P:P

:S

You know those bike parts that you break, wear out, get stolen ... well ...

- Toilets personally I'd like a clean and empty one for each comp!!!

- Wine to thank observers would somehow lose the "thanks" if we asked for it back for next time!

- Section tape for national round if anyone wants to wash all the mud off and wrap it up neatly, you're welcome to - thanks for the offer!

- Awards for top 3 in each class at club rounds "here's your prize, now can we have it back for next month!"

- End of year championship awards "here's your prize, now can we have it back for next year!"

- Rubbish bags well I'm not going to empty them out and wash them!

- marker pens wear out/get lost/dry up

- batteries die

- punchcards re-use?... ok we can do that, I'll enter the next comp myself and re-use Chris Walker's punchcard from the last comp!

Nice, :bow: Matt u numty :S

fair enough, i was refuring more to the table, drill clipboards, flags and the (in theory :P ) reusable stuff :P seams they'v all got broken and stuff. nevaaaaamind :P but i guess you can kinda see where i was coming from :P i thought you ment new flags as in "this seasons must have colour in flags" :P and you got new tables for no reason other than it was on the list. i am a foooooooooooooooool :P:D

Edited by mat hudson

fair enough, i was refuring more to the table, drill clipboards, flags and the (in theory :P ) reusable stuff :P seams they'v all got broken and stuff. nevaaaaamind :P but i guess you can kinda see where i was coming from :P i thought you ment new flags as in "this seasons must have colour in flags" :P and you got new tables for no reason other than it was on the list. i am a foooooooooooooooool :P:D

just look at the amount of ' : P ' s up there :rolleyes:

:lol:

can't wait for this comp, i should be driving by then too :D

Dont they give the trophy back anyway?

i wouldnt use walkers, i hear he is gay :-

Mike

to be fair i see this from both sides because i both ride and organise events.

the way i see things:

£20 is alot for comp entry however there must be a reason for this price. to be fair i start to feel like its too expensive once we get over £10 and over £15 its gotta be a bloody good event to make me go. however the fort bill comp last year was £20 and it was an amazing event so i didn't mind paying it. i am now however starting to feel the price of comps, the last couple have ended up costing me over £200 when you take in petrol, food, entry, membership, natty tyres etc etc. however if i want to compete i gotta find the money so its either cough up or ride street...

membership money: £10 a year is bugger all for what your getting, i've just had to pay up my BMC (british mountaineering council) membership because i'm training to become a mountain leader, thats £66!!! and it'll be another £35+ every year for the rest of my life so i'm more than happy to pay £10 for club membership.

running a club is not cheap, freeridetrials club hasn't run many events becuse we dont get enough riders coming and paying entry fee's, the first event we did we only changed £1 entry and that was a mistake, it left us with no money to run future events an the club is now out of pocket big time (no club money at all and about £200 out of my own pocket gone - for what?)

i think both sides can help the issue, riders - dont whinge and think about why the prices are as they are, clubs - see if you can keep event entry fees a bit lower and maybe bump the membership up a bit or look for outside sponsorship to help fill the void.

if i can afford it and i'm in a fit state to ride, i already have membership and BC license so thats all good but it'll still end p costing me well over £100 for the weekend, thats not a complaint towards anyone its just the price you gotta pay to ride a well organised event that will be an amazing laugh...

my 2pence

tom

In reference to what waynio said , yeah fine mate only wanted to see what people were doing as there doesn't seem to be much info on these thing available. Understandably people do make effort and I would like to support as well , just dont want to get involved with something that is just going to **** me about and make me have an unhappy weekend (As I dont get let out much as it is :P).

I will be coming if I can sort transport out. Thanks for the info everyone (Y)

running a club is not cheap, freeridetrials club hasn't run many events becuse we dont get enough riders coming and paying entry fee's

And 'cos you all bitched like crazy about each other/it last time you were going to have one, judging from the last thread, and posts in other threads? :P

Hopefully Barbara's post (assuming it was Barbara using that account then) will have opened people's eyes to the realities of running comps though (Y)

And 'cos you all bitched like crazy about each other/it last time you were going to have one, judging from the last thread, and posts in other threads? :P

your welcome to come and try help organise a comp mark, or for that matter turn up and help support the club instead of knocking it back down...

if people dont want comps then i'm sure all us organisers will be happy to have our weekends back...

back to the topic now maybe???

does anyone have any pictures?

im going i might go and scout the place this week as i live near it

here's the link to the downhill side of things. it doesn't mention the trial and the pics are mainly of the downhill track LINK

but for those who can remember it was this venue that was used for a british championship about three years ago.

oh and for the moaners :- if you want to ride the downhill it's £56 :o

here's where the venue is rugog farm

Edited by rugbyman

thats a blast from the past (Y):)

sounds like a good place. im deffo not going. got so much work and i have just got back from koxx days and am trying to sort out an indoor trials area for the trials riders around here. :( im sure it will be great for everyone else though (Y):D

Waynio........................