Maguras, To Damn Expensive?

ogre

I do apreciate how they are running a business and that most people qdn't have a need for a brake as powerfull etc like thiers are so not many people will have them etc. and i'm not saying they are bad but 40quid is a bit ott for something worth about 20p in raw materials, maybe they should do a half price replacment thing or something? *plans to email magura*

I do apreciate how they are running a business and that most people qdn't have a need for a brake as powerfull etc like thiers are so not many people will have them etc. and i'm not saying they are bad but 40quid is a bit ott for something worth about 20p in raw materials, maybe they should do a half price replacment thing or something? *plans to email magura*

Don't buy it then. :)

They provide a 5 year warrenty on brakes? So stop yo' bitchin, If you dont wanna pay it, dont pay it, find some second hand one. Simple as.

email magura if you want but the lever body has to be made, theres are about 10 different moving parts in the lever and then theres all the standard fittings. theres also the fact they hardly sell any (relatively) levers alone so that increases the price because of packing, shipping stock etc....

i think the £40 they're asking is perfectly fair in consideration to other parts prices - king cogs - £36!!!

It does seem kinda disproportional , but their 5 year leakproof warranty is pretty neat .

Its realy not that great. If you read into it you will find that practicaly everyone on this forum is making theirs void by either using water instead of oil or using aftermarket pads.

haha, it's not like they just supply you with a lump of metal and a bit of plastic is it? manufacturing costs!!!

Its called having a monopoly. They can do what the f**k they like, and price there products at what ever price they want.

But i thought they weren't allowed to exploit their customers by law. I only did it in buisness yesterday so i'm a bit unclear on it all.

But i thought they weren't allowed to exploit their customers by law. I only did it in buisness yesterday so i'm a bit unclear on it all.

Yes, but no one can be bothered to do anything about it. There is no way it costs more to produce one lever then it does two, and with the size of Magura, i cant really see how 90/100 quid is a justified price for a set either.

i cant really see how 90/100 quid is a justified price for a set either.

They're not really that expensive :blink:

Compared to other stuff on the market - they're much cheaper than discs but (probably) more suited for trials, and they are about the same sort of price as a decent V-brake set-up. If they were double the price I'm sure some people would still run them. If you want to moan apart the price of trials parts, look at frames. But that's an argument that's been done to death anyway.

They're not really that expensive :blink:

Compared to other stuff on the market - they're much cheaper than discs but (probably) more suited for trials, and they are about the same sort of price as a decent V-brake set-up. If they were double the price I'm sure some people would still run them. If you want to moan apart the price of trials parts, look at frames. But that's an argument that's been done to death anyway.

Aye, for a set i cant see a problem, its more parts and single maguras, how can one cost 70, but two cost 90. :blink:

avid ultimates are more than that.

difference being ultimates are in a totally different league? far superior build quality, a great feeling shape....also a poor comparision really seeing as ones hydro, the others cable i guess

yeah magura levers are a tad pricey, but you havent really got much else choice? rb levers are 60-70 odd and still dont really justify thier high price...and there arent any other levers about thatll work

its weird how the hs33 levers are so pricey in comparison to the disc levers, not just magura ones, but all other makes-shimano seem to be the best for great value(decent build and decent looking) levers ranging from 20-25quid for a decent lever and they dont seem to piss oil everywher either :)

At CNC the brake lever is 30, to me that seems reasonable, this is without p and p though...

Lever

Jeza

Chain reaction cycles postage is free to uk addresses, so it is just £30. And its CRC not cnc :-

Its not anywhere near 20p to make a magura lever. As said before thay have to build it and eveything, your probably looking near £10-15 for materials and building then they have to add some money to it so they make a profit at trade price (the price they sell them to shops for) so seeing as they don't sell many seperate levers it'd be about £20-25. Then there's the extra amount the shops put onto it to make up the rrp of £40. So thats basically how you get it to being £40. But chain reaction are mega competitive so they always have low prices.

Live with it :D