Front Disc

joe parker

Well if you want quality the go for the Hope Mono Trials disc, thats around £137 for 180mm and the 160mm is £127 im not quite sure, but the problem with these discs are that they are great to start off with, but then gradually loose there power and need re-bleeding, or new pads put in, which can be a fiddle.

Hope Mono 180mm

But i personally prefer the Avid disc brake, its much cheaper than the Mono, is a cable brake so you never need to worry about bleeding, also i think they look alot better :D

Avid Mechanical Disc

the only problem is that you need to buy a cable and a lever, and depending on the quality you want, it can be costly

Hope this helps

Al

Edited by Alastair

i have the hope mono trial i think the brake is amazing for power but for some reasons it works s**t some days and amazing another :S i have also heard the the avids are good.if i was you have a shot on someones bike and try a hope and an avid see witch you prefer(Y)

i have the hope mono trial i think the brake is amazing for power but for some reasons it works s**t some days and amazing another :S i have also heard the the avids are good.if i was you have a shot on someones bike and try a hope and an avid see witch you prefer(Y)

:blink: i have and i love the hope!!! but i still want tom know what everyone thinks

i trust everyone's better judgement over my own :$

thanks for the comments keep them comin

joe (Y)

surprising enough the shimano deore hydro disk feels very close to sex when setup right, a work college of mine has one on his xc bike and the braking power is absolutely amazing and for the price you can't go wrong. shimano deore disk £49!!!! half price am so tempted to get one, just means i gotta get a new wheel too, dammnit lol

Edited by luccosleeps

Best value for money has to be the Avid BB7, i had a hope mono trial 180mm for 8 months ish and then changed back to the avid as i found the hope to be very tempermental and just never seemed to work perfectly all the time.......

Avids are truely awsome, i have been running a 203mm for the past 3 months and it is awsome, sooo powerful yet realy controlable. Also they are much more adjustable than the hopes, you can make an avid feel exactly how YOU want!!!

Adam

Hope Mono are very reliable but do cost alot of money, i would go for a Magura Louise if i wanted one, but my hs33 works amazing as it is( tar on smooth rim with heatsink reds cnc). Cheers

Ross :)

lol jesus mate!! are you wanting to die!!! hahaha tar on a front brake is lethal and shouldnt only be used in a REAL emergency haha deary me.