Fishguard

woodster90

Quite the opposite, I'm all for other people taking photos. Some folk on here have blown me away with their work, and that's what pushes me to raise my game.

The way I look at it is, I'm one of the few people here giving constructive criticism. It's the ying to the 'nice pix m8' yang. I'm willing to hold my work up to the same criticism. I'm not going to blast some kid who's taking a few pics of him and his mates for a laugh, but when someone like Mr Woody comes along with his big pro camera and some interest in what he's doing, I'll be more critical because I think he can use that to enhance his work in the future.

Or he can spit out his dummy. It's upto him.

HAHA

awwww someone got a little constructive crit from the pros and you result to bragging about equipement.

Well thats no attitude to have really is it? Who cares what equipement you or anyone else has got, if you can't use it in the way it was meant then it dosen't mean squat.

I think in your photos theres wayyyyy to much sky and not enough rider or ground. In one you've even discarded the ground completly and added in loads of sky.

They all seem to be the same sorta style from the same angles with the same buildings.

A little more varaition wouldn't go a miss :-

Also the one you 'photoshopped' looks pretty awful :ermm:

Take it on the chin and stop bragging, no one cares weather you use a D2X or a powershot (Y)

HAHA

Take it on the chin and stop bragging, no one cares weather you use a D2X or a powershot (Y)

yer rob knows it..powershots for the win :lol:

Yer im with chris and rob...no good using the best stuff if you cant produce the goods.

This friday i will be aqquring my dads d100 , as he has just prchased a d200...

But by no means...will i take pics come on here...and NOT take the criticism, ill accept the crtiscm...

Infact last time i did have the d100 and uploaded the pics..i pestered chris to leave comments on them, so i knew where i was going wrong. Then you go from there.

Again the word that IN MY OPINION describes these pics is BLAND.

and dont blame the weather, you have to make the best of a bad situation...and in this case...i think you could of done better (Y)

LOts of people LOVE the shots.....

were you there on the day???? probably not ( bet you were in watching EASTENDERS.

It was raining, and yet NIKON have not invented a flashgun capable of shooting around rain droplets.

Also my camera is a D2X.......so if you want a 49 meg file to deal with , send me your email addy and I will happily download TO YOU personally.

I think I captured riding at the Shell as its meant to be captured.

B)

as for the lack of face detail????? in case you did not notice they were silhouettes!

This is a TRIALS forum, not a pensioners camera club, full of old smelly bearded critics that have nothing better to do than pick pieces in other peoples work.

Also my main emphasis was to ride and not take piccys .....ooooopppsss sorry CORRECTLY EXPOSED IMAGES.

As for your comment on " really bad fringing" "don't you mean CHROMATIC ABERATION?????"

HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON AT THE NEXT CAMERA CLUB X X X

Thats the thing, every dog and harry on here posts pics expecting all the n00bs to get soaking wet over anything, you can't just expect everyone to come along and go "yeh matzz wked pcis" like everyone always does, yes it's nice to know your works being appreciated but in this instance a few people that happen to know what their talking about come along and throw some pointers at you, and you rip your washing off the line in a tantrum.

If you don't like the critism then don't bother coming on here and posting pics, even if it is a trials forum.

I'd love to come along to "camera club" just to see if your a big a idiot in real life as you are on here :)

I wouldn't bother watermarking your pics in future, theres no one on enough crack to want to steal them, not that they could anyway because you've taken them all down.

What.is.the.point

Edit- Now your resulting to picking on peoples spelling? How very sad.

O and yes he asked what camera you were using but you bragged about Chris not being able to afford one, how the f**k would you know!!?????????

Edited by Rob_P

were you there on the day???? probably not ( bet you were in watching EASTENDERS.

It was raining, and yet NIKON have not invented a flashgun capable of shooting around rain droplets.

Also my camera is a D2X.......so if you want a 49 meg file to deal with , send me your email addy and I will happily download TO YOU personally.

I think I captured riding at the Shell as its meant to be captured.

B)

as for the lack of face detail????? in case you did not notice they were silhouettes!

This is a TRIALS forum, not a pensioners camera club, full of old smelly bearded critics that have nothing better to do than pick pieces in other peoples work.

Also my main emphasis was to ride and not take piccys .....ooooopppsss sorry CORRECTLY EXPOSED IMAGES.

As for your comment on " really bad fringing" "don't you mean CHROMATIC ABERATION?????"

A flash gun capable of shooting around rain droplets? I'm not expecting a shift in physics here, I'm more worried about them landing on my lens. If I see a drop like that, I bin the shot, the end. I certainly don't show it to anyone.

I don't give a monkeys arsehole if you're using a D2X, a coolpix, or a disposable camera. Just because you have a nice dad who lets you borrow his cameras doesn't make you a good photographer, any more than owning a Koxx XTP makes you Vincent Hermance. A good photo is a good photo irrespective of equipment. I've seen some cracking shots from cheap compact cameras, and I've taken appaling shots with my gear. I'm also incredibly proud of shots I've taken on film with a camera body which currently fetches about £50 second hand.

Photos for me are all about emotional connection with a rider. I know some use them as a record of big moves or whatever and that's fine, but when you have a sidehop shot where the rider's face is obscured by his tyre. Look at the images I posted of Phil Feeney, I took several and I posted the one where his face was visible because you could see the detirmination in his expression and his crazy hair. That's what I'm talking about. It's taking a good picture, and lifting it upto a great picture.

I take pride in my pictures, as do many people on here, and when someone show's a similar interest, I try and help them. I don't use terms like chromatic aberration to show off. I also spell it properly.

If you want to talk tech, fine. On the whole you have used low shutter speeds which means a lot of the riders are blurred, your fill flash ratio has given you white balance problems, your pictures lack colour saturation and contrast, and your post processing methods have lead you to post big, badly sharpened, heavily compressed images which do nothing to flatter the image you've taken.

Oh, and just because photoshop tells you an image is 49MB in memory, doesn't mean that's the output size.

It's nice to hear good things about your pictures, but it's also worthwhile taking criticism and coming back with better images in the future. Not deleting all your pictures and storming off in a huff.

Sorry, but these are pretty bland shots. Some have got water drops on the lens, others show really bad fringing and low saturation. Plenty are just dull shots. Where's the colour? Where's the blood flow in peoples faces? Heck in some shots, where are the faces?

[postness]

What equipment did you use to shoot these with?

Photography may be subjective, but most of these are just wrong.

I totally agree. I didn't want to add any of my opinions before others had got their posts out of the way before giving my thoughts.

Woo. Big shit. You've got a D2X. The quote "All the gear and no idea" comes to mind. Also how does a flashgun take photos. Flashguns shoot in all f**king weather, in all light scenarios. Rain doesn't affect it what-so-f**king-ever. Tard. And compressing a file with a smaller pixel size and higher image quality isn't the same as using a raw file you dick.

There's a slight contradiction to follow

I'd like to draw your attention to:

count me in...

more of a fulltime photographer than a rider.

will be riding a koxx level boss....holding a big flashy camera

That. That's you saying, you're not there as a rider, and that you're more of a 'full time photographer' comparing with your previous statement of you going for the riding, never the photography element. :blink::ermm:

Firstly. How much of a stuck up faggot are you really? Your posts come across as arrogant, and that you can't take constructive critacism from people who know what they're on about. Your camera might be 'big and flashy' but you can't use it for shit.

Also you're talking about Fringing as "CHROMATIC ABERATION???" (your use of excessive question marks and gramatically wrong upper case, but whatever). Then saying that you're not in a "camera club" so people shouldn't comment on your quality, exposure, background etc of your photo.

Get f**king real. :huh:

MBUK Photgraher Don't you mean PHOTOGRAPHER????

HERE ENDITH THE PICCYS

R.I.P

SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT WANTED TO SEE THEM

And picking spelling mistakes up, when you've been owned nearly as much as Pete Wright has before, is just lowering yourself to an all time shit level.

I bet a lot of people wanted to see some good photos. It's just a shame that they've had to click and open the topic, then scroll down and load the photos up, just to see the bland photos which you've put, while being anally retentive on any constructive critacism (N)

woodster90, you should be pretty happy that people have taken the time to give you tips on how to improve your pictures. They have obviously seen that your pictures are above average quality and so are trying to help you out. As chris said, he wouldn't bother commenting on a load of average pics.

I personally think they are very good pics, but people have suggested improvements, and the people who have helped you know exactly what they are talking about from what i've seen. (Y)

So cheer up, and get some more good pics on the forum asap!

Ian

Edited by flipkickbs

Thanks Ian x x x

My aim was to get more than 50 posts .......I'm nearly there

I'm up for the Queen's portraiIt NeXt YeAr Hopfilly If YOu THe Tax payer can keep me supplied with more cameras

you do all know that .....you lot ....THE TAX PAYER GOT ME MY CAMERA, MY FLASHGUN, MY BIKE, MY TRAIN FAIR INTO LONDON........YOU PAY MY RENT, MY PHONE BILLS....MY ELECTRIC

THE LIST GO'S ON AND AND ON

YOU EVEN PAY MY INTERNET CONNECTION

WHY?????

some really nice pics there mate,.

just a few points......

* keep your backgrounds clutter free ( cars , people)

* always think ------if I could improve the shot, how would I do it????? then just do it.

* try some new perspectives--------think different everytime.( low or high angles)

* pic your background first then let the rider come into it, not the other way round.

MY 4 PRINCIPLES OF GOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ARE

*FOCUS

*EXPOSURE

*IMAGE SIZE

*COMPOSITION

Shame I'm chatting shit isn't it.

Thanks Ian x x x

My aim was to get more than 50 posts .......I'm nearly there

I'm up for the Queen's portraiIt NeXt YeAr Hopfilly If YOu THe Tax payer can keep me supplied with more cameras

you do all know that .....you lot ....THE TAX PAYER GOT ME MY CAMERA, MY FLASHGUN, MY BIKE, MY TRAIN FAIR INTO LONDON........YOU PAY MY RENT, MY PHONE BILLS....MY ELECTRIC

THE LIST GO'S ON AND AND ON

YOU EVEN PAY MY INTERNET CONNECTION

WHY?????

because your a low life scumbag on the doll :sleeping:

is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that chris doesnt like other people taking photos?

Yes, it certainly does seem that way.

[attachmentid=4104]

:-

Anyway, main reason for posting...

If you have a problem with people commenting on your pictures, putting them on a public forum was probably a bad idea. If you just want people to go "ye nice pic" go get yourself set up on Myspace, they seem to do anything to make more e-friends there, so it'll probably nicely massage your ego, which seems to be your main reason for posting them here?

If you're going to throw your toys out of the pram if someone says something remotely negative about your work, you probably should look for some other type of career other than photography. Everyone's a critic, especially when it comes to virtually anything art related, so if you're going to just go "Fine, I won't show you them" and stamp your feet if someone says anything bad about them, look elsewhere for an occupation.

If someone who has many years of work as a professional photographer is critiqueing your work, why not shut up and try and learn something more? You never stop learning in life, so look at what Chris is saying and use it to help you improve your shots in the future. Having industry professionals on here (in many contexts, e.g. Chris here, Mike P and other bike company owners posting in Trials Chat, demo company owners...) is a great resource seeing as the majority of people posting on here at an amateur level in terms of riding and other stuff like photography (and web design, art, frame design, CAD work, etc.), so instead of f**king people off by talking shit to them, why not just either post some kind of reasoned arguement to them instead of being a penis. It'll work out to your advantage in the long run?

EDIT: Haha, if you're "going for the Queen's portrait" you may want to actually learn to listen to what people are saying about photography, in that they'll have an idea about what they want. If you tell the Queen or her officials to f**k off because you're some kind of photography demi-god, you'll probably get shot down just like you will at everything in life with the kind of shitty attitude you have towards anything? As a "PS", I even forgot to point out how stupid complaining that there are photographers on here is, with your "camera club" comments before...

post-91-1145918047_thumb.jpg