72 Engage Echo Hub Video (20 Inch)

Phill_Monks

sounds like its made of plastic doesn't it ?

given that they've already gone back to the drawing board once already it ought to work ok .

- derf.

they could do 72 EPs by adding pawls rather than teeth - like an eno. I hope thats what they did for biffs sake

Edited by poopipe

In fairness, if the springs are new they're going to cause more resistance when it spins, so it will spin for less time than, say, a King which has bedded in or whatever.

Even so, this video still hasn't convinced me about the hub at all. If they were very close to releasing the stock one before they realised it was totally shit, I dunno...

Is there any info about about how many pawls it has, and how many it has engaging at any one time?

The sound is nothing compared to hope pro 2's and chris kings, maybe its just how the camera captured the sound though, sounded a little fuzzy. Looks good, but I doubt it will be anything special, most people are happy with their profile, hope and chris king rear hubs.

Edited by scunnytrials

I don't really get why people cream over hub sounds, but I think I'd still like to wait and see how good the engagement is before judging whether this mod hub is better than some stock hubs :P

Yeah, Agreed.

I do like a good click , but I'd much rather compromise on the clicks for performance :)

Oh yer got it, but I think they will have added some more engagement points aswell so its a mix. My pro 2 sounds better...

Agreed (Y) And that really does look too small, the pawls will probaly be really small therefore making it more prone to slipping. Nice hub but i wouldnt trust it, especialy being the first hub from echo, i'd go with something from a company with a bit more experience(king hope ect.)

Rob

Agreed (Y) And that really does look too small, the pawls will probaly be really small therefore making it more prone to slipping. Nice hub but i wouldnt trust it, especialy being the first hub from echo, i'd go with something from a company with a bit more experience(king hope ect.)

Rob

not THE first Rob :P

But yeah, the hub is tiny, can see some people mashing their faces in if they are stupid enough to buy these. The 26" version looks beefier? :S:)