Try All Freewheel

KOXX-UK

it's obviously a different size thread.. don't force it on or u will screw one or both components up.. Threads of the same size do screw on even if there is some muck in there. if is very stiff and not very far on then it's time to get a new freewheel and get your money back.

Might have already been asked, but can you open them easily (like with the eno) so thiner lube can be used ignorant to them being gay to re-assemble?

You have to take it off the crank to open it, unlike the Enos/ACSs/Tensiles/etc., but that's about it really, 'cept for the lack of seals.

it's obviously a different size thread.. don't force it on or u will screw one or both components up.. Threads of the same size do screw on even if there is some muck in there. if is very stiff and not very far on then it's time to get a new freewheel and get your money back.

What im trying to establish is that if it's obviously a differant thread size, which is ment to be a standard sorta thing, how come they fit onto echo cranks ok, new monty isis crank ok, and just about every other crank apart from the older monty ones I have?

If it was the freewheel, would it not be difficult to fit to all cranks?

I'd love to know just where we stand though with regard to our crank's. Fred assured me on the phone that the thread was the same size as on ACS and such and that a bit of wire brushing would help.

Seeing as this didn't help me, but I had been told that the thread was the same, I just wound mine on, so, if I take my freewheel off now, and my cranks are bucked, is it unreasonable of me to think that it is try-all's fault and ask them for some sort of compensation for f**kin' my shiney monty cranks?

Merged just like you asked Mr. Jake ;)

I wouldn't have thought you'd get anything just because it's basically up to you to not mutilate your parts while putting some new product on. I'm not saying it's your fault or whatever, but their warranty (whatever it is?) for the freewheel won't cover you destroying the threads on your cranks. If it did, they'd be opening themselves up to a whole world of possible problems with people claiming random shit on warranty in the future...

Merged just like you asked Mr. Jake ;)

I wouldn't have thought you'd get anything just because it's basically up to you to not mutilate your parts while putting some new product on. I'm not saying it's your fault or whatever, but their warranty (whatever it is?) for the freewheel won't cover you destroying the threads on your cranks. If it did, they'd be opening themselves up to a whole world of possible problems with people claiming random shit on warranty in the future...

Nice, just thought it'd be handier for anyone doing a search in the future to have everything in one topic. (Y)

That's exactley what I had thought too, but had hoped otherwise lol.

It pretty much is my fault, as im the one who screwed it on I guess, but I mean, if they are selling a freewheel designed to fit the same threads as ACS, ENO, Dicta, at least two of which fitted fine on my cranks, then there's got to be something up.

It's just dawned on me that really, this isn't going to come to a conclusion, I don't have the means to measure the thread, on the cranks or the freewheel.

I guess it's just a case of ensuring I have a spare set of cranks handy when it comes to taking the freewheel off, I wouldn't imagine the freewheel itself would be damaged at all, just the crank threads, I should really get new one's anyway....

contradiction anybody :-

That model of crank, and Try-All freewheels. All other freewheels screw onto the X-Lite cranks fine except for the two people who have tried seperate freewheels so far. Other people who have not been using X-Lite cranks have had them screw on fine. Therefore, it seems like there's a problem specifically with those cranks and a Try-All freewheel, if other freewheels work OK with them. I know I didn't use the word "Fatty" in my post before, but I'm still pretty sure you know what I meant :P

How about f**k up? This is a topic about the freewheel, so we talk about it here. I'd rather not see this getting closed as it's a useful resource for other's, but it's just turning to shit now.

From what I can see below, you've made 4 posts in the last page, simply picking at what other's have said, putting NOTHING into the topic yourself.

I like you will, and from talking on MSN, you seem like a sound lad, but come on, didn't you get one yourself? How about a post which we can read and actually think about.

I'd have thought the childish shit-chat would have been tapped now somewhat with the gabbly in effect, no such luck.

ok, point taken jake, wasn't trying to be an ass, just sometimes i can be i guess...

yer so, on with the topic...

All freewheels fit onto a tensile (typical crank) including the try-all one.

all freewheels except the try-all one fit onto your monty cranks.

This leads me to the conclusion that the threads on your monty cranks are either damaged

or

have been cut with a blunt/well used/aged tool (with the other freewheels being cut with a sharp cutting tool, meaning they would go on with ease)

and

the threads on the try-all freewheel have been cut with a blunt/well used/aged die or lathe tool.

hope i've written this correctly and hope it makes sense :)

That's the whole point we've been trying to make Will. TWO people (that's Jake AND SOMEONE ELSE, not JUST JAKE) have had trouble getting them onto that same type of crank. Two people. Individual people, using the same model of crank. OK? Not just Jake. We clear? That's the whole thing Jake is talking about...

That's the whole point we've been trying to make Will. TWO people (that's Jake AND SOMEONE ELSE, not JUST JAKE) have had trouble getting them onto that same type of crank. Two people. Individual people, using the same model of crank. OK? Not just Jake. We clear? That's the whole thing Jake is talking about...

in that case my opinion is that....

that batch of monty cranks have been cut with a blunt/well used/aged tool (with the other freewheels being cut with a sharp cutting tool, meaning they would go on with ease)

and

the threads on the try-all freewheel have been cut with a blunt/well used/aged die or lathe tool. making the amount of material taken whilst creating threads less than usual on both the freewheel and the crank, making the freewheel a tight fit...