Try All Freewheel

KOXX-UK

no, nobody has mentioned that the cutting tools might not have been new ones...thats all i was saying...people were talking about different diameter thread sizes n stuff...*

* - this information is coming from what i've read of this topic, and that aint that much really :wub:

Edited by WILL ARNOLD

It's unlikely that we have cranks produced by the same tool AND freewheels produced by the same tool....

Even more unlikley that both those manufacturer's are using shitty tooling.

so your saying that the thread pitch or diameter is wrong, get real ;p if that was the case, then the freewheel wouldn't go on...

the freewheels are from the same batch, they are new, so they were probarbly cut by the same tool...

the cranks, maybe they were cut by the same tool, it is possible!

anyways u asked me to give my views and i have done :)

Even more unlikley that both those manufacturer's are using shitty tooling.

it's not to do with shitty tooling, its to do with worn tooling..

Edited by WILL ARNOLD

it's not to do with shitty tooling, its to do with worn tooling..

Or slicing threads apart with a grinder

If this freewheel doesn't fit on monty cranks, I assume ENO's do fit on these monty cranks?

Then how come ENO's can fit on monty cranks and other cranks. IE how can one freewheel fit on your crank and every other crank and the try-all can fir on every other crank, but yours? :S ....seems a bit odd to be honest

EDIT: worked it out. It musn't fit on black cranks (Y) god i was so stupid all along....

Edited by PaRtZ

Or slicing threads apart with a grinder

If this freewheel doesn't fit on monty cranks, I assume ENO's do fit on these monty cranks?

Then how come ENO's can fit on monty cranks and other cranks. IE how can one freewheel fit on your crank and every other crank and the try-all can fir on every other crank, but yours? :S ....seems a bit odd to be honest

EDIT: worked it out. It musn't fit on black cranks (Y) god i was so stupid all along....

We've allready established that grinding part of a thread does not destroy it's functionality.

It is odd.

Dicta screwed on easily, as did an ACS, I didn't try an ENO as I havn't got one lying around unfortunately.

The cranks which It hasn't fit on to are both silver.

We've allready established that grinding part of a thread does not destroy it's functionality.

It is odd.

Dicta screwed on easily, as did an ACS, I didn't try an ENO as I havn't got one lying around unfortunately.

The cranks which It hasn't fit on to are both silver.

did you try putting the dicta and acs on at the same time as trying the try-all?

ahh

well he probably does put more strain on it than anyone else so i doubt this will happen to anyone else (Y)

Ayeah... we got to remember he is a heavy and a BEEEEAASTY rider... but anyways... i dont think he have snapped a ENO white yet....

Me snapping a try-all freewheel should NOT have been mentioned ever !

Because its the first ever freewheel that has broken, it is probably due to high temperature treatment that has gone wrong .

Vincent has had his prototype for 9 months.

If this happens to anyone they will get a new freewheel, but this should not happen !

T33zr will get his butt kicked for mentioning this at all .

What i can tell you all is that while riding for KOXX i have never broken a fork , my coustellier has gotten alot of beating and its still going, my crankarms have received pounding from a sledge hammer and still perfect, i very rarely change rims etc etc. all good stuff ;)

But it was only this 1 freewheel that i had that was something wrong with . doh

real men screw their penis' into the crank removeer thread and use the pressure from their piss to get the crank off.

No, real men....

TRA how heavy are you, if you don't mind disclosing your weight :P:rolleyes: Also I don't think people can say try-all freewheels are bad because the don't fit, explode etc. only based on these experiances lol

Bah just get a profile or CK for mod or stock respectively. We know they work ;)

Seriously though, is price the only reason FFW is used? :S