Guts

jak-89

i have the same problem but just try to do something or your fear builds up and then you decide not to do it and just think what you'll feel like once you done something you was scared to do before. also if it helps were extra protection as i find that always boosts my confidence up a little bit i know its hard but i suppose its something you got to do.

Edited by nickinator12

hi

when i was shit scared of stuff (and still am) i don't try anything else apart from what i'm scared of........take a drop for instance, i stand on it and go for it straight away because i know if i stay up there too long or if i don't try it or if i try it and jump off the back of my bike then i'm never going to do it

all i'm saying is don't think about the height or falling off and don't spook yourself by staying on the thing too long keep it cool and think to yourself i can do this and i'm going to do it now.

hope i've helped :)

..............GAZ..............

Just keep it all in perspective, really. Like with drops or whatever, unless it's mahoosive or whatever, just don't focus on the worst case scenario. When people get scared of stuff, it tends to be thinking of the worst case scenario, or making the move bigger in their mind than it is. For example, a 6ft drop is only 6ft. In the 0.2secs you're in the air not much can really go too badly wrong, so just think about the technique and focus on doing it right. Don't think "But what if my chain snaps?" or whatever, just think of the move (Y)

Another thing is to try as hard as you can to just keep on with the move. If you're on the top of a drop and getting worried, just force yourself ot backhop to the edge, and once you get to that point more often than not you'll jsut do the drop anyway 'cos you're basically forced too (Y)

Usually if im ever scared to do anything my friends can tell and they say things like " o he wont drop that" and stuff and that always makes me do it because i want to prove them wrong. Riding wit friends helps so much!

I've always found it easier to sidehop down something before pedal hopping (or whatever) off it first. and don't do it if your not in the mood to (thats when i screw up lol) or if your tired lol.

I feel that if you don'thave the guts to do soemthing, if you are with someone who can do it ask them to do the gap or whatever and i found this boosts my confidence as i can see that it can be done with ease. Your in trouble if they stack it though. :blink:

I think best way to overcome being scared of doing something is to think about the move and what you're trying to do, get it all clear in your mind before you actually get your bike near it.

Then when you go for it, don't stop to think, just go for it because you've planned it out before, that way you can't get scared cos you're going too fast, but its also not dangerous cos you actually know what you're trying to do (Y)

Hey

Im quiet fed up with standing around when all me mates are riding its because i don't feel confident and has anyone got any good advice to boost up my confidence? Thanks

Cheers Jack Gibson!

what i did was work my way up from small to big but all i do now is look at the thing to do go for it and give it some beans! i used to think a 3ft drop was big but my biggest drop now is around 7ft

Normally when i'm riding i'm riding with mates and we'll push each other if it's something big and your shitting it. Once your on the back wheel getting ready you'll be relaxed and all the butterflys won't be there.

Just try bigger things, just look at it for a bit get the balls and go for it.