Post Your Computer Workstation.!

Danny Kearns

No software other than drivers are needed, all you need is a graphics card with dual outputs, or some Matrox jobbie with one output and some cables. I think you can also add an extra PCI card and have that work, but it'd be easier with the single card route.

Huh youve lost me, I aint good at computer techo-whatjamicallit. just need dual out-puts and it may work yeah?

EDIT: that is somthing i dont have

so its game over :(

This is my current setup, dual 22" on the pc and the 19" running the 360.

gallery_490_398_27870.jpg

gallery_490_398_22002.jpg

Going to get a third 22" for the pc and then wall mount a 24" for the 360 so I can get 1080p :P this will all happen when I get paid later this month.

For those interested the tower has 4gb ram, Q6600 @ 3ghz, 2.67TB of hard drive space and a nice set of 8 silent fans :P Runs cool as feck. Only running a HD2600 but I dont game, I mainly edit vids, listen to music, surf the net, msn, e-mail, photoshop etc, a lot of multitasking.

22" acer monitor at PC world, £150. Just bought one, brilliant screens.

Not too keen on them. Was looking at the Samsung ones. They seem to be good only £200 as well. Look nicer than the Acers too.

baring in mind my 360 is going into it aswell. even so the 360 looks good on the 19 so even cheap monitors can be good (Y)

Edited by James Quigley

nice set up but quick point i may be wrong. I dident think you got full hd 1080i on tvs small that 42" or is full hd 1080p?

Just a quick question sorry for clogging up topic

Joe

But he's using a pc monitor as the 360 display, not an lcd tv.

Basically, current lcd tv's are a joke, a quick money making scheme by the big companies and the "digital switchover" to trap naive buyers into buying screens with poor resolutions. Computer monitors have been around for longer in higher resolutions at smaller sizes, but the tv companies have been sellling the lower resolution tv's for much more. Now prices have dropped to a reasonable standard people are lapping up the lower resolution screens and the true HD screens are beginning to appear. Now you can look at spending around £700-800 on a proper full HD tv like that one or the slightly better version of HD like this one. Thats why current HD ready tv's always look crap when your sat right next to them, because they're not really HD at all, they're just SHD (Slightly Higher Definition) than the older CRT tv's. They have a bigger screen size but the pixels are still huge, so everything looks blocky and crap.

But you can easily get an xbox 360 VGA adaptor and plug your 360 into a computer screen to enjoy full HD at much less of the price.

But he's using a pc monitor as the 360 display, not an lcd tv.

Basically, current lcd tv's are a joke, a quick money making scheme by the big companies and the "digital switchover" to trap naive buyers into buying screens with poor resolutions. Computer monitors have been around for longer in higher resolutions at smaller sizes, but the tv companies have been sellling the lower resolution tv's for much more. Now prices have dropped to a reasonable standard people are lapping up the lower resolution screens and the true HD screens are beginning to appear. Now you can look at spending around £700-800 on a proper full HD tv like that one or the slightly better version of HD like this one. Thats why current HD ready tv's always look crap when your sat right next to them, because they're not really HD at all, they're just SHD (Slightly Higher Definition) than the older CRT tv's. They have a bigger screen size but the pixels are still huge, so everything looks blocky and crap.

But you can easily get an xbox 360 VGA adaptor and plug your 360 into a computer screen to enjoy full HD at much less of the price.

Ahh all is clear i understand that pc screens has way better rez than a tv i dident thought he said he was getting a 24" tv not a monitor. All cleared up now.

Thanks

joe

The Ultra Sharp I think is 1080p, I was looking at the Truecolour though. It doesn't mention what resolution so I'm guessing 720p.

They're both the same resolution, so both 1080p. the 1080 bit refers to how manuy pixels there are up the side of the screen, seeing as both of them have 1200 they're both 1080p capable. The only reason its not quite so clear as a HDTV is that computer secreens are 16:10 and HDtvs are 16:9. So a tv with a 1920 screen size horizontally has a 1080 (hence the 1080p/i industry standards) screen size vertically, where as the computer has 1920x1200. COmputer monitors just have slightly more of a black line at the top and bottom when watching movies/gaming, or if set to stretch across the screen everythings slightly taller than on a tv.

So yeah, the only real difference is the more expensive one has a fancy coating on the actual screen itself and has integrated things like a card reader and a usb hub as well as some component and composite sockets.

Edited by Krisboats

Not too keen on them. Was looking at the Samsung ones. They seem to be good only £200 as well. Look nicer than the Acers too.

baring in mind my 360 is going into it aswell. even so the 360 looks good on the 19 so even cheap monitors can be good (Y)

Yeah I heard those Samsungs are pretty snazzy.

My mate's just got one, it's HD ready, £200 from PC world (altho they're shit its a good price apparently..)

Means he can use it for Dual screens on his MacBook Pro laptop, for an XBOX or PS3 in Hd and also for a TV if he wanted to?

What do you think of them? I need a new one and if the new Apple ones aren't up to scratch I'm gonna get a 22" one of them.

Sorry about the late replies, been in france.

I would just go with the Acer, my mate got a 22" HP monitor and he paid £70 more, my monitors have better quality on colours and better viewing angles which is quite amusing for me :P. Will be adding another 22" to my setup and then a 24" as well, then hooking up virgin plus :P Should be sorted then.