Tartybikes Online Ordering

chrishayton

How the hell do you order stuff off tartybikes, i always get an error message on the tarty website saying theres bank problems, this is even before i enter card details :S

so if theres something you gota do for it to work please can someone share it. I WANT SOME RIBOS!

How the hell do you order stuff off tartybikes, i always get an error message on the tarty website saying theres bank problems, this is even before i enter card details :S

so if theres something you gota do for it to work please can someone share it. I WANT SOME RIBOS!

meh doesnt matter i ll just ring them tomorrow. this can be closed, unless other people have problems with the site

Are you shipping to a different address to the one registered to your bank card? If you are, then it doesn't work too good. You have to but different addresses on the tarty-bikes site, but make sure you have the same address for shipment and billing on the HSBC site...tis odd.

Thats what I do anyway, and still do...not sure if its been fixed or what?

Just phone them up (Y)

is everyone really that retarded? honestly?

if your ordering online, its probably because its after hours, so you cant order by phone at the time.

of course, nothing will be processes until the morning when they get in anyway, so you may as well just bloody phone them!

am i the only person who thinks online ordering is the most fu<king rediculous thing ever?

fair enough, for books and cd's from amazon maybe, but for something like trials parts, with small businesses like tartybikes, its a waste of time!

top job to tartrybikes for setting up the online order service, but surely its only to satisfy the morons who insist on using it? rather than making a 3 minute phone call!

Raaaa

Yes, I see your point. But ordering by phone is only usefull if you know exactly what you want. Normally when I order I buy several thing, even if I don't need it but keep it for spares.

Its nice to see what you're buying, the price and how much the postage is. I think they have better things to do than sit on the phone with me for 10 minutes going 'How much is that? What colours do you do? How much is postage?' ect.

It just makes life easier.

rather than making a 3 minute phone call!

That long :huh: dave clearly doesnt like me then lol - me and dave on phone;

dave -"Hello tartybike's"

me - " heyyyy "

dave - " ahh mr joe "

me - " good afternoon, im after ...(such and such parts) "

dave - " Ok can i take your long card number, expiry, start and 3 digit number on the back "

me - " blah de blah, loads of numbers "

dave " Nice one , thell be with you tomorrow "

joe - "Wicked cheers guys, byeeee"

:lol:

me - " heyyyy "

dave - " ahh mr joe "

dave - " Ok can i take your long card number, expiry, start and 3 digit number on the back "

thats the other thing, the service is so personalised at tartybikes, that its a pleasure to speak to them :P

how oftne do you call up a mail order company and tehy already know what you want? and who you are?

top job :P

if your ordering online, its probably because its after hours, so you cant order by phone at the time.

For people that work abnormal hours and broadening there sales reach as well. Phoning over here from somewhere like norway to order a part wouldnt be feesable. I have started ringing them to be honest , although I do order online sometimes , had a problem the other day but that was just with the browser security being overkill and not allowing the certificate.

Anyhow Tartybikes offer a great service (Y)

The online ordering is great for people who don't have cards, i would hate to imagine my dad trying to give details over the phone so i could get something. Plus my parents are at work until after they shut.

I did have one problem the other day though, anyone know why Tarty won't take orders from joint accounts. It works with my dads card but won't with my mums, even though they have exactly the same numbers.

I wonder how long it will be until tartybikes is the only trials shop?

surely none of the others are doing half aswell, you can cleearly see the extra effort and r and d thats gone into their shop.

trials is only a small market anyway and yet theres like 5 trials specific shops . .

of course, nothing will be processes until the morning when they get in anyway, so you may as well just bloody phone them!

am i the only person who thinks online ordering is the most fu<king rediculous thing ever?

fair enough, for books and cd's from amazon maybe, but for something like trials parts, with small businesses like tartybikes, its a waste of time!

top job to tartrybikes for setting up the online order service, but surely its only to satisfy the morons who insist on using it? rather than making a 3 minute phone call!

I've never phoned tartybikes. Either when ordering or when i've had a problem. Emails for me are much easier, i mainly do my ordering late at night anyway. When you order online you don't waste their time reading out long card numbers, your name, the spelling of your name, exiry date, what you want in what sises and colours. Surly if you do it online they automaticly have your deatils ect, making the phone call all wasted time on their part. Also doing it online there's a perfectly clear list of what sises and colours you want of each item. It's easy to get black and siver mixed round on two different products. Either by you or them.

Also if i order online at 3am, by the time i get out of bed the following morning it's probably already been dispatched.

If i have a problem, i still use email becuase i can get everything written down and not forget things. And i can take my time writing it a phone call with me going, "o yeah and this...", and "o also i forgot about this...".

Agree with JT. Although phones are more personal, thats the only thing they are good for.

Anyway, i dunno if they guys are reading, but me and my friends always have trouble as it doesnt work with mozilla. Always breaks as it forwards to the bank website. Works fine in IE.

Bear with me, this is a nightmare, haha!

Are you shipping to a different address to the one registered to your bank card? If you are, then it doesn't work too good. You have to but different addresses on the tarty-bikes site, but make sure you have the same address for shipment and billing on the HSBC site...tis odd.

Thats what I do anyway, and still do...not sure if its been fixed or what?

The HSBC CPI integration system places constraints on online stores, meaning that (due to the possibility of card fraud), all orders which have different billing and shipping addresses are marked for manual review. Imagine if someone nicks your card and has loads of stuff sent to their address?

Sounds like you've found a way to trick it though, haha!

There is a 'fix' for this, but that involves dropping the security level of the whole system - something we're not prepared to do.

Nick's Rant :P

It's only 3 minutes with you cos you love to chat Nick, haha (Y)

Phones are great, its easy to convey lots of information in a short period of time - for example if someone requires help with what parts to choose, or are not sure whats best for them.

I have started ringing them to be honest , although I do order online sometimes , had a problem the other day but that was just with the browser security being overkill and not allowing the certificate.

The certificate 'problem' is explained here: http://tartybikes.co.uk/terms.php - which everyone placing an online order is required to read and agree to, as directed by our site.

Yes, I see your point. But ordering by phone is only usefull if you know exactly what you want. Normally when I order I buy several thing, even if I don't need it but keep it for spares.

Its nice to see what you're buying, the price and how much the postage is. I think they have better things to do than sit on the phone with me for 10 minutes going 'How much is that? What colours do you do? How much is postage?' ect.

It just makes life easier.

If you wanna phone up and pester us with those sorts of questions, feel free, that's our job! We can also advise what is best for each rider. We often get a call from a customer asking to buy X-product, when after a small conversation, it becomes apparent that Y-product would be much better for them!

That long?! dave clearly doesnt like me then lol - me and dave on phone;

me - " heyyyy "

dave - " ahh mr joe "

:lol:

Nobody can mistake you Joe, you're special :P And you usually try and organise most of it on MSN first anyway :lol:

thats the other thing, the service is so personalised at tartybikes, that its a pleasure to speak to them :P

how oftne do you call up a mail order company and tehy already know what you want? and who you are?

top job :P

Its impossible to argue with the service Tartybikes give, if they didnt have online ordering people would be complaining and demanding it.

Great shop.

Great guys.

Great service.

Thanks guys, much appreciated (Y)

The online ordering is great for people who don't have cards, i would hate to imagine my dad trying to give details over the phone so i could get something. Plus my parents are at work until after they shut.

I did have one problem the other day though, anyone know why Tarty won't take orders from joint accounts. It works with my dads card but won't with my mums, even though they have exactly the same numbers.

Never heard of a problem with joint cards... we hold a joitn account here, and tested the whole system with both of our cards to make sure it worked. Is it possible that the registered card addresses are different for both the cards?

I've never phoned tartybikes. Either when ordering or when i've had a problem. Emails for me are much easier, i mainly do my ordering late at night anyway. When you order online you don't waste their time reading out long card numbers, your name, the spelling of your name, exiry date, what you want in what sises and colours. Surly if you do it online they automaticly have your deatils ect, making the phone call all wasted time on their part. Also doing it online there's a perfectly clear list of what sises and colours you want of each item. It's easy to get black and siver mixed round on two different products. Either by you or them.

If i have a problem, i still use email becuase i can get everything written down and not forget things. And i can take my time writing it a phone call with me going, "o yeah and this...", and "o also i forgot about this...".

Online ordered suits certain people more than others! Like has been said, it would be a nightmare for Jonathan to order from us otherwise.

Also if i order online at 3am, by the time i get out of bed the following morning it's probably already been dispatched.

Hey, we try to be quick, but that's just impossible! (Unless you don't get up til after about 4pm :P). Also nicely identifies another reason for implementing the online ordering system - nocturnal mammals such as the lesser-spotted JT.

Agree with JT. Although phones are more personal, thats the only thing they are good for.

Anyway, i dunno if they guys are reading, but me and my friends always have trouble as it doesnt work with mozilla. Always breaks as it forwards to the bank website. Works fine in IE.

Not found that problem Phil... we tested extensively with IE and Mozilla (in fact about 50% of the work put into the site was to make sure everything worked correctly with both these browsers). Will look into that though, cheers for the heads up (Y)

Apologies to anyone who's found a problem with the system. If anything occurs a couple of times, then please let us know so we can try and get it sorted.

Cheers

Adam

Crikey, that was an effort >_< :$

PS: Glad the ordering works for you now Rob!

I had the same issue with Mozilla, but to be honest its just as easy to pick up the phone once you know what you want, plus its safer, no matter how good your firewall is. if you`re a bear sharer or a Peer 2 peer person..you can never tell what nasty trojons live on your machine.

Anyway talking to Dave and Adam is pretty easy...even if you know nothing about trials..you don`t exactly get given and hard sell shit, and to be honest I`ve called before spoke to Dave and forgot what I called for, and Dave didn`t give me any grief, just wished me well and off I went.