My Astravan

Bucky

awesome

sounds like a kinda 'how many northeners can loose a driving licence in on evening' kinda competition ;)

enjoy :D

shhhh nick, at least itll be 4 vaux's off the road, which can only improve road safety :P

only kidding, lookin good bucky, any signs of some 4 pots up front or discs on the back so you can stop as quick as you can get there.

well......... i got it back wednesday night and o m g!

im in love with it again :D:wub:

had it up at 135mph in no time but slowed down at its a bit scary.

problems so far: no power steering, no gauges, no milage display, brake pedal slighlty low, coolant dripping onto exhaust.

all to be sorted this weekend hopefully

cheers guys. (Y)

Ai lad!!!!

mine an marks is LET bucks is XE, we had a do on wednesday night, he was in 4th i was in 5th, and he had the edge on me, i dropped 4th and was off. we also ended up seeing mark wednesday night, who did me too :P altho im sure over xmas and new year there will be a fair race between us all. or even at the track next year.

the thing is, i have a clean license, buck will (could) poss loose his and marks license is clean, so we should be ok. the thing is as iv said before as long as you aint doing it at the wrong time, and the wrong place you are sometimes ok. best thing is, marks and my van is probably faster than the Vectra V6 Turbo under cover car.

all of you ask your mums and dads, when they were your age they did exactly the same, ok the cars werent as fast, but they were as safe either, so the extra "speed" can be accomodated by extra safety. (Y):)

Waynio...........................

Ai lad!!!!

mine an marks is LET bucks is XE, we had a do on wednesday night, he was in 4th i was in 5th, and he had the edge on me, i dropped 4th and was off. we also ended up seeing mark wednesday night, who did me too :P altho im sure over xmas and new year there will be a fair race between us all. or even at the track next year.

the thing is, i have a clean license, buck will (could) poss loose his and marks license is clean, so we should be ok. the thing is as iv said before as long as you aint doing it at the wrong time, and the wrong place you are sometimes ok. best thing is, marks and my van is probably faster than the Vectra V6 Turbo under cover car.

all of you ask your mums and dads, when they were your age they did exactly the same, ok the cars werent as fast, but they were as safe either, so the extra "speed" can be accomodated by extra safety. (Y):)

Waynio...........................

Hahaha i would pay to see you out run that pig car! :lol:

That would be the funniest thing i've seen in a long time :P

Its quite amusing really, I always though of Waynio as being a respectable sorta person, sensible and all that, then I read through this thread and...My thoughs have changed, sounds good though, racing at 4 in morning on motorways is fine imo, only dirty taxi drivers around and it's not like they're driving safely either lol.

at the end of the day hes got a clean license, his vans still in one piece, hes at least a sensible nutter.

seriously though its his choice, and no one has the right to give him crap for it, unless hes doing it stupidly in the middle of built up housing estates at 4pm on a saturday afternoon.

one question ive always wanted to ask wayne though is, how do airevalley feel about it - you ever get bollocking's for driving a vinyled van at warp speed. understand there happy to receive the advertising on the side of the van, but at the end of the day, is your driving not possibly tarnishing there image,even though your driving in no way effects thequality of there workmanship, a local electrics company round here has had loadsa problems with people driving there vans like idiots, and the companies reputation getting tarnished. not even saying you drive like an idiot, but you must occasionally bend the rules on the speed limits. and occasionally people must see you doing it.

one question ive always wanted to ask wayne though is, how do airevalley feel about it - you ever get bollocking's for driving a vinyled van at warp speed. understand there happy to receive the advertising on the side of the van, but at the end of the day, is your driving not possibly tarnishing there image,even though your driving in no way effects thequality of there workmanship, a local electrics company round here has had loadsa problems with people driving there vans like idiots, and the companies reputation getting tarnished. not even saying you drive like an idiot, but you must occasionally bend the rules on the speed limits. and occasionally people must see you doing it.

Thats is the best question i have heard on TF in a long long time, shame NMC dont have as much sense

I dont think Wayne is the type of person to be a boy racer in daylight, more when the streets are dead meaning less chance of people spotting him

BTW Wayne, what else you had done to your van since i was last in it?

Frooty

Edited by fruitbat

the van doesnt have sign writing on it anymore ;) haha

its going to be a different colour for the Track and show time next year. people have complained about the noise of the van, but not the speeds, we have police come into the shop and joke with me about it. like fruitbat has said i dont do it in stupid situations, 9am rush hour trying to blatt 150mph :S errrr i dont think so.

i only do it when a subaru or Evo or even another GSI turbo pulls up and wants a do. i dont really have the patience just to "drive around" and look for races its pointless. i just know that if i wanna go fast i can.

i get more of a buzz off it accelerating fast to 80/90 than i do going over 100!!!! the rev range of upto 4 1/2K revs sounds better than it squeeling its balls off at 7/8K, anyone who has driven a fast car with alot of power will know the engine sounds better mid range than it does top.

il post up a "NEW" pic of van in a mo, il just plug phone into computer.

Waynio................................

BTW: im sure they mean im a "nutta" and an "idiot" in the nicest possible way :P:lol:

to people who "KNOW" me know me, they know thats how i am, full of FUN!!!!never a dull moment. ScalectriX racing at Lovatts house on Boxing day. all welcome. meet at shipley glen first for a big boxing day ride :lol: his mum and dad wont mind, il pre-book the living room area, and il pay for them to go out and have a jolly old meal @ lovatt's work ;)

heres a new UPTO date pic of my vanio. ITS NOT WORKING

Fruity i was going to ask you what you was doing too? also whens that PaRtY? that you was having?

Waynio....................

Edited by Waynio

Its not always how fast you drive, its how good you can drive. Get on a country lane you know ever stone on, and you could be easily doing 90+ and get away...

so traffic police go through years of training for nothing? i think not if they want to catch you they will

the cop said they only got it cause they were sick of kids blitzing the astra 1.6's in there civcs. so they got something with 400+ bhp slight overkill i think

theres no real point in outrunning the vectra though surely they just get your plate, doubt you'd outrun the cop car i saw yesterday bmw estate thing the cop said it was running over 400 bhp at 3/4 boost

what happens if your nanna was driving the vehicle @ 150 mph???? ;) and you had no idea she was using it........... theres was and means of getting out of it, you just have to prove your innocence. altho if i got caught i honestly would openly admit to doing what i was. example, if i got pulled doing 120/130, id actually say to the copper, "yes sir, i was doing 120/130" if they catch you and they say "so how fast were you going jimmy" and you reply "oh well i was doing about 50mph :P " i doubt they'd buy it...........if your honest and kool with them about it, they will respect you for being honest back.

play fair and they will play fair back. try be smart and they will be twice as smart back.

When i got pulled the other week for my window tints, i just honestly said to him i thought he was going to do me for my speed (as i knew the copper ;) )which i said i was doing about 90mph. he goes just be careful and i didnt catch you for that. he also wanted to know what the "air/fuel" "boost" and "water temp" gauges were doing on the pillar. so it was a "Check" of safety more than owt.

Waynio..............................

"yes sir, i was doing 120/130" if they catch you and they say "so how fast were you going jimmy" and you reply "oh well i was doing about 50mph " i doubt they'd buy it...........if your honest and kool with them about it, they will respect you for being honest back.

First rule of gettig pulled, dont admit fault. Respect or not, if they have no prrof and you dont admit it then they can't do anything. Theyre trained to try and catch you out and make you admit it. Just shrug and say 'I dunno" till they get bored.

First rule of gettig pulled, dont admit fault. Respect or not, if they have no prrof and you dont admit it then they can't do anything. Theyre trained to try and catch you out and make you admit it. Just shrug and say 'I dunno" till they get bored.

is true. Mate was doing 120 down dual carriageway by airport, and a copper drove past and turned round. Stopped him and asked him how fast he was going. He said 30, and the copper said you reaslise i cant do anything about it.

He got away with it. just be careful though.

And just because a copper does advanced driving, doesnt mean you cant out drive him.

your in an evo, your going to be able to do country lanes etc alot faster than hes going to in his astra...