My Astravan

Bucky

Hahaha i would pay to see you out run that pig car! :lol:

That would be the funniest thing i've seen in a long time :P

hahah waynio aint got a chance of doing that vectra VXR. we spoke to the guyw ho drives it and he said 'off the record' hes had it past 160mph :o

heres some mor epics of the van out on our finest roads:

this morning:

IPB Image

just after id picked it up:

IPB Image

lovng every minute of it :D :D :D :D

even r lass took me home form the pub n t last night and she loves it..... pushed 125 on a (private) bypass :D:P

Edited by Bucky

what happens if your nanna was driving the vehicle @ 150 mph???? ;) and you had no idea she was using it........... theres was and means of getting out of it, you just have to prove your innocence. altho if i got caught i honestly would openly admit to doing what i was. example, if i got pulled doing 120/130, id actually say to the copper, "yes sir, i was doing 120/130" if they catch you and they say "so how fast were you going jimmy" and you reply "oh well i was doing about 50mph :P " i doubt they'd buy it...........if your honest and kool with them about it, they will respect you for being honest back.

play fair and they will play fair back. try be smart and they will be twice as smart back.

When i got pulled the other week for my window tints, i just honestly said to him i thought he was going to do me for my speed (as i knew the copper ;) )which i said i was doing about 90mph. he goes just be careful and i didnt catch you for that. he also wanted to know what the "air/fuel" "boost" and "water temp" gauges were doing on the pillar. so it was a "Check" of safety more than owt.

Waynio..............................

haha fair play suppose you could just say it was stolen

to be honest boys I dont think these speeds are big or clever.

120 IS acceptable at the middle of the night on a motorway just. But when your starting to talk 150pmh, thats dangerous on any road. The ammount of damage caused with that speed behind you is phenominal.

Think you boys should think about this a bit more if you want to keep your liscence/life/van as the way things are going it sounds like it could all end in tears.

I speed, and I go sideways etc, but 150 is unacceptable imo. Once yes, topping your car out for the first time is just one of those things you do. But racing up to 150 is a bad idea imo.

Have a think boys

A little food for thought.........

WARNING: THIS IS SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE, IF YOU ARE SQUEEMISH, DONT LOOK. INVOLVES IMAGESS OF A CAR CRASH

That is seriously bad news

If mods dont think its acceptable please remove, but I think i have given sufficient warning, and it makes a good point

Edited by JTM

is true. Mate was doing 120 down dual carriageway by airport, and a copper drove past and turned round. Stopped him and asked him how fast he was going. He said 30, and the copper said you reaslise i cant do anything about it.

He got away with it. just be careful though.

And just because a copper does advanced driving, doesnt mean you cant out drive him.

your in an evo, your going to be able to do country lanes etc alot faster than hes going to in his astra...

yeah but in his 400+bhp bmw i don't think your going to out run him unless you've got something super quick boasting more than 450 bhp

coppers having there advanced driving means that they can handle the car at speed when my dad did it they raced around a small track in carts to learn about the racing line. etc then did it in a police volvo round the same small track

Nice pics, even better when your eating your tea.

Speeding is bad yes, but in the early hours of the morning, there is hardly anyone about. as long as its on a motorway, then i see no problem with it.

yeah but in his 400+bhp bmw i don't think your going to out run him unless you've got something super quick boasting more than 450 bhp

coppers having there advanced driving means that they can handle the car at speed when my dad did it they raced around a small track in carts to learn about the racing line. etc then did it in a police volvo round the same small track

+600bhp skyline R34 do you??

He can do 200mph (Y)

i think you can do it if you in a "safe environment" for example, if your at a track day or something where the saftey crews and stuff are their? if you say its un safe or un acceptable, what about the copper in the VXR turbo V6???? is it un acceptable for him to do 160 too??? im sure if anyone had a fast car, they would drive it fast no end in doubt. its the thrill of the speed, and the buzz you get off it. iv had more buzz out of my van in 3months than iv had most of this year at trials. i honestly cant explain, you really need to experience the thrill of going that speed.

for xmas the people who have not been over 120mph, buy one of those track day things or a ride in a porche or summit. just so you know your going to do over 140/150mph. and then you will come back and say, "WOW!!!! that was awsum"

bucky knows what its like, porter was the same when i took him for a blast in mine too, most people that have been in it get more of a buzz from the "torque" and the pin back in the seat feeling.

Waynio............................

Bucky where are those videos? or the Mad Mile? and the ones that i blow you away on the bypass? (when you was in your dads van?)

Nice pics, even better when your

+600bhp skyline R34 do you??

He can do 200mph (Y)

Try and put that down on a country lane. Being chased by the police. You would'nt last long.

EDIT:

Vans look preety nice thou lads, must say. Much more planned for them? goes to both Wayne and Bucky! Must be funny blasting civics, m3's ect away in an astra van, haha

Edited by Tom Booth

iv only got a couple of bits and bobs for mine. want to put a Electronic boost controller, and finish off the stereo and TV dvd system inside, engine wise, not even going to attempt any more BHP or LB/FT, wait until something drastic needs doing, the only thing inside my engine that needs doing is the forged conrods, but standard ones can run upto 350bhp.

Mine goes in for Arden Blue colour in Jan/Feb, as soon as i can find a "knock about" car or van. and as soon as i have £800-1K spare. il try get some pictures of the inside of mine, all centre console is silver and air vents etc etc, Subaru STI seats, just need eleccy windows really too.

id love a new project (if i was/had money) id start a Mk5 Astra Van with a VXR astra engine in, and literally get what i could out of it. BUT id guess someone will already be on with doing it :( would have been nice to have the 1st Mk5 VXR van with all the VXR trimmings on.

Waynio........................

BTW Cheers for the compliments on the vans (Y):)

Edited by Waynio

fair play if your on a motorway the skyline would be gone or atleast it might but on tight country lanes your in a feild in no time!

Yup. Very true.

I was doing 140 on the M62 at midnight and i had a skyline go past me at 180mph+. I couldn't catch the b*****d lol. :(

Ive been 150 in a mates pulsar. Its fast yes. And its exilerating. But you yorkshire lads seem to be making a habit of it. I like to go fast, but fast for the road im driving on. ie 60 on a country lane is fast. Making a habit of driving at 150 is asking for trouble. I might crash at 60 on a country lane and I MIGHT die. IF you crash at 150 in a van your PROBABLY going to die. And chances are you will hit a few other things aswell. I love driving and love driving fast in the right place at the right time, and have no problem with others doing the same. But i think you lads just need to be a little more aware of the speed your doing.

to be honest boys I dont think these speeds are big or clever.

120 IS acceptable at the middle of the night on a motorway just. But when your starting to talk 150pmh, thats dangerous on any road. The ammount of damage caused with that speed behind you is phenominal.

Think you boys should think about this a bit more if you want to keep your liscence/life/van as the way things are going it sounds like it could all end in tears.

I speed, and I go sideways etc, but 150 is unacceptable imo. Once yes, topping your car out for the first time is just one of those things you do. But racing up to 150 is a bad idea imo.

Have a think boys

A little food for thought.........

WARNING: THIS IS SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE, IF YOU ARE SQUEEMISH, DONT LOOK. INVOLVES IMAGESS OF A CAR CRASH

That is seriously bad news

If mods dont think its acceptable please remove, but I think i have given sufficient warning, and it makes a good point

Well to be honest, if your going to go 120mph then whats problem going say 200mph? Either way your gonna die if you crash lol..

-------

Buck did you not have to do all the Engine Management??

erm the ammount of other people you will kill?!

If your doing 150 and you crash and die, who gives a f**k? You knew what you were doing and you made that choice. If you hit a family doing 60 on the opposite carriage way head on though, people WILL give a f**k

you can never say oooo but theres no one around at so and so hour. You can never know that. Could be someone out walking a dog or a piss head walking home or anything

becaus the laws of physics mean that at 120 in a modern car, your pretty safe while its fairly dead onthe motorway and unless someone changes lane in front of you, you will be ok. At 150, with no other car on the road, motorway bends start to become corners. As in theres a chance you might lift off, or get a bit of over/understeer etc. Ie, at 150 you could have a crash all on your own whereas at 120 it would pretty much take you falling asleep, someone elses error or going over some ice/diesel which would cause a spin at any speed.

fraid i'm with JTM. It's nt even a point i can see as arguable.

f**k anyone else. A clear motorway at 3 in the morning. what if you get a blow out. (don't say it doesn't happen as i have personally seen it 4 times in front of me on motorways, one involving a crash becasue of it).

At much past 100mph, you don't really stand much chance either way. You'll slide off to the side of the road, hit the grass and roll (as my best friends uncle did, who was found trapped in the car upside down in the field next to the motorway the next morning.....)

If you are very lucky you'll be ok. Kill yourself by all means, but if you are going mental speeds when quiet, you'll still be pushing it through the day to day traffic. I know what the roads are like round yorkshire!

Die, but don't take other with you. Infact, just don't die!! cos you're mates haha!! Just be careful! There is nothing that can happen except something you regret. Nothing good can come of it but the enjoyment, And that will come to an end sooner or later if the speeds continue.

Maybe it's cos i been driving nearly 7 years and have had a couyple of crashes, and spins. Who knows. I know the fun. I just know the danger outweighsthe fun.

Maybe i shouldn't bring it up, but i was at DJ's funeral, and that was one of the hardest things i've ever had to witness. God help anyone who causes something like that. If it was me i couldn't live wit myself. Be responsoble, please.

Bongo

f**k anyone else. A clear motorway at 3 in the morning. what if you get a blow out. (don't say it doesn't happen as i have personally seen it 4 times in front of me on motorways, one involving a crash becasue of it).

so true!

ive stopped going fast down the motorway now completely, saw the results of a blow out on a website a while back, and every time i hit 100mph i cant stop thinking about it.....

its horrific.

my tyres have done a lot of miles, and been used hard......

at 130mph they are going to be spinning SO fast its unreal, and if they go, i know im dead.

i still like to put my foot down, but lately, ive stopped cornering so fast, and stopped speeding on the motorway at all, as the thought of a blowout scares me SO much.....

Run on flats?

a blow out is where your tyre totally fails and the spining forces tear it to shit. Especially at high speeds. Run on flats would do nothing for that, besides, did you ever read the small print on them???? 50mph max for around 50 miles until you can get it sorted (Y)

bag of shit in my opinion...

a blow out is where your tyre totally fails and the spining forces tear it to shit. Especially at high speeds. Run on flats would do nothing for that, besides, did you ever read the small print on them???? 50mph max for around 50 miles until you can get it sorted (Y)

bag of shit in my opinion...

i drove my dads new bmw with these run flats... they are harsh as fork aswell. make the ride really bad down lanes and things.

corish:

the engine management was pretty simple.

kept the existing alt/batt/starter wiring then plugged all the sensors and ecu together.

only wiring i had to playwith was the engine light, oil pressur elights and rev counter.

everything else was litterally plug and play :D

cheers guys, merry xmas

Bucky

so true!

ive stopped going fast down the motorway now completely, saw the results of a blow out on a website a while back, and every time i hit 100mph i cant stop thinking about it.....

its horrific.

my tyres have done a lot of miles, and been used hard......

at 130mph they are going to be spinning SO fast its unreal, and if they go, i know im dead.

i still like to put my foot down, but lately, ive stopped cornering so fast, and stopped speeding on the motorway at all, as the thought of a blowout scares me SO much.....

Well said,

Who needs to go fast anyway? when you know your cruising in a "proper" car.

:P

Eh Nick.

Edited by VillageDave

Speeding on the motorway is pretty pointless, sure accelerating there in the first place is fun but cruising at that speed is pointless. Id rather sit in the middle lane and zip past people as necessary. Anyway i think we should all shut up and get back on topic, this isnt about the morals of speeding its about Buckys XE conversion.

More on topic - update your bloody Astrasport.co.uk bio!