Akkers New Steed

James_Porter

its a bit longer than what you think, but its lush!!! weather it be 1060 or 1090 Akkers can bunnyhop and ride anything just like John Peacock said

"he could make a tandem dance!!!"

Waynio.......................

it does look so much better in the flesh, and it feels o so light!!!!its like "Illegal" to have a bike that light, he just needs the helium in his inna tubas!it will fly man. :lol:

ooooooooooo whap it out mr ackrigg, and cos you started the topic porter you and wayne can whap it out and we can all get it on.

ill bring towler (that'll convince wayne) and james you know you want my northern stuff :)

OH AND NICE BIKE as long as it does the duty

sounds to me like your i bit too sarcastic. woop de doo basil, its made of ti. its justlike a steel frame but twice the price, somebody get me a tissue! as for the geo it dont look anything speacial. and its got a seat how does a seat help in any way. you cant get of the side of the bike and realy lean it over if it has a seat. I have a bike with a seat, Its for doing cross country.

it looks less of a trials frame and more a street frame. sorry i just cant get exited over it, seen it done loads of times before. i prefer to see somthing new, like the onza duel frame and the new danny b frame, even the new monty mr comas was on the other week.

rob

So by some peoples logic surely all cars should be single seat carbon fibre super cars doing 10mpg 'cos

they have better performance? Its all about what you like in a frame. I notice much of this "so much for product development" crap is coming from onza buffs :-

:lol::P:lol::P

look who it is designed for? and who it is designed by? simplicity is the key, why make something so complicated? when you can have something so simple? that does a job as simple as any other trials machine?

AGAIN boys and girls, opinions are flying, yes some people like it and yes some people hate it, but dont worry, im not going to make you pay out £800/900 for the frame. you DONT HAVE TO BUY IT (ion fact YOU WILL never be able to get hold of it)

Waynio.........................

Its probably made by Ora Engineering in Taiwan as there are very few manufacturers in the world who make titanium frames ( even less now that Morati have ceased production in the Czech republic - they made some prototypes for us a few years ago). Titanium is still a controlled metal and you don't just wack one together in your garage. It requires expensive and difficult techniques to fabricate and you cannot just produce cnc parts to weld into it like you can aluminium. Thats why the frame looks like it does, as all you can really vary is the sizes and angles. You still end up with a basic diamond shape. We have had long discussions with Ora in Taiwan to produce a titanium competition T-Rex but we have always hit problems.

Top class riders like Chris will handle a frame like that without causing too many problems and ride it well. Let some of the rest of you loose on it though and its a recipe for disaster.

The problems with Titanium and Trials are

a, Its expensive, in both materials and construction.

b, Your building blocks are basically tubes.

c, The chainstay into bottom bracket is always going to be a weak point because of (B).

Name me a trials frame, with the exception of some steel frames, that doesn't have a cnc b/b yoke in some form. That is because tubes welded straight into the b/b on a trials frame will eventually fail because of the constant battering they receive.

I will be interested to see if it gets into production.

Name me a trials frame, with the exception of some steel frames, that doesn't have a cnc b/b yoke in some form.

I'm pretty sure my year 2000 t-bird and my ddg shooter don't have cnc yokes of any form. ;)

Obviously they are not great trials frames, but i accepted the challenge... :rolleyes: