All The New Echo,adamant,etc Brake Levers

trialsalot

as the description says peeps,what are the new levers like?are they comfortable?offer any mechanical advantages with regards to looking longer...um....and which one is the stiffest?the gu one looks the mutts nutts!!

cheers my fellow compadres!!

craig :P

cracking...interesting.im not a beast like the good chap youre talking about mr richardson.did he crack them with knocking them or general trials malarky?

craig

Just from pulling them, its no surprise really there so stupidly thin its unreal. Id go for the echo ones if anything due to them having that circular shape to them instead of the thiness of ZOO/adament.

mine is fine so far. got a adamant lever and so far its pretty darn ace. have had no problems whatsoever so if we are talking about craig then tell him to stop being such a fatty haah.

brake feels better, stronger than with the standard lever :). just my opinion.

the world revolves around money. and whether you like it or not the companies who provide us with components are ALL out to make money, whether or not they are actually interested in trials. Im sure deng HAS had these products tested (remember he doesnt live here he has many riders he supports over in the far east) and just because craig has cracked one doesnt mean that they are all bad by default

craig goes much bigger than most will ever dream of, therefore puts more stresses on his components.

as i said

mine has been fine and has improved the braking on rear maggie :)

I'd really like to pimp my 2005 HS33 with one of these new levers!

But I'd rather sell it and get an older version, because of this here:

Maybe its ot, but did u guys know, that Magura doesn't warranty the 05/06 HS33 Levers when used for trials?

Of course you won't tell them "hey I broke my lever when riding trials"... but I myself still have a strange feeling when I use the brake. Here's one example of a lever that broke. Btw, that was used by a 12y old child! So the forces behind it, can't be that big!

IPB Image

Might be an exception... but it still says a lot, when Magura doesn't warranty them for trials!

Chris

Edited by Chris

I've had a feel off them and think they're a bit poor.

The extra leverage is great, but with a poorly set-up brake it feels pants.

I think the lever blade it too wide to get a proper grip, it stops you wrapping your finger around it, unlike the Magura uns.

is there any reason for one of those companies (gu, echo etc..) to not make levers for the old '04 levers,

I personally dont know anybody who rides with the new lever design and I'm pretty sure the majority of people on here have the old '04 design lever.

damn mr.fresh products for going on holiday, my breaking fingers getting all w*nkified from sh^tty magura levers :angry:

the world revolves around money. and whether you like it or not the companies who provide us with components are ALL out to make money, whether or not they are actually interested in trials. Im sure deng HAS had these products tested (remember he doesnt live here he has many riders he supports over in the far east) and just because craig has cracked one doesnt mean that they are all bad by default

craig goes much bigger than most will ever dream of, therefore puts more stresses on his components.

as i said

mine has been fine and has improved the braking on rear maggie :)

Lever imo not being one of them. To be honest though craigs arms arent exactly tree trunks, there are alot people physically bigger then him riding a bike and therfore are guna put more stress pulling the brake lever than he does

Lever imo not being one of them. To be honest though craigs arms arent exactly tree trunks, there are alot people physically bigger then him riding a bike and therfore are guna put more stress pulling the brake lever than he does

Exactly. CLS might have sidehops dialed but I don't believe his left index finger is any stronger than mine.

Exactly. CLS might have sidehops dialed but I don't believe his left index finger is any stronger than mine.

there are surely more forces going through your brake lever than just the pulling of the finger though.

and craig actually has the strongest braking finger ever. its huge in fact its actually fatter than his 12 incher. BUT SERIOUSLY I SEEN IT.

its just a brake leaver, Despite craig cracking one or not it doesnt make any difference, i've snapped magura leavers on pedal hops, due to pulling them too hard, doesnt stop them going into production and people actually buying them. And craigs braking fingers just same as anyone elses Ben :huh: doesn't help that he falls off and lands smack on the leaver :shifty:

But Yeh Craig loved them.

Edited by Mr_Pitbull