Help Me With Gaps!

ive been trying a 6foot gap for about....2days its given me 8 punctures :( an i dont want punctures! does anyone hav any tips? the line.. basically im riding along a bench then doing a skip and gapping across!(6ft) ive succesfully made it multiple times but.... i seem to be getting worse!! :( any pointers people? all help will be greatly apprecciated!

thanks graham

Edited by gr8grumble

Lower the front slightly when you gap. But not as in letting it drop, push it down slightly before you gap then as you do bring it back up again.

Meh hard to explain

thats what ive been doing!... maybe i need more practise! but.... my mate said "your frame is to short" ?

Recently, now I've started pushing my gaps a little further, I've found that going straighter and really slamming yourself towards the bars, floating for a bit as you're gapping, then sending the bike forward helps. If you check out Tunni's vids, you'll sorta see what I mean.

Anyway, your frame may well be too short, but if you've done it before, you should be able to do it again? If you can, try and get someone to record you doing the move just so you can see what your technique is like and see if you're obviously ballsing anything up (Y)

This may sound random but look were u want your back or font wheel to land, and not just kick and see if you land on the the pallet of what ever. hop up and not just forward a nice kick on the pedal and i think you will be there. You can ignore all that but if it help then cool haha.

Dan.

pinch gaps help like folding the tyre a bit im not much good at them but they give you a lot more spring and dont just rely on your kick push the bike out with your legs helps a lot i like to sort of gap a little and then go but thats bad techine realy so id try not to get in the habbit but practic makes it all seem to come together good luck

ben

When you take off, aim to go 'up' as well as 'forwards'. imagine you were throwing a ball over a long distance. you wouldnt throw it flat, youd pitch it upwards, same theory really.

Also i find masturbation and lemon sherbets help me go further (Y)

these are all very good tips ive recently just bought a bt raven and my gapping on that has increased so much i can now clear a car park space like a normal pedal hop lol

but yeah my tips would be

tweak the rear end when u gap

practice more on pallets so you get less pinches

lower the front wheel and when you gap pull back with your arms n push foward with your legs

take a break from that gap n practice on something else

hope this helps mate

Recently, now I've started pushing my gaps a little further, I've found that going straighter and really slamming yourself towards the bars, floating for a bit as you're gapping, then sending the bike forward helps. If you check out Tunni's vids, you'll sorta see what I mean.

Anyway, your frame may well be too short, but if you've done it before, you should be able to do it again? If you can, try and get someone to record you doing the move just so you can see what your technique is like and see if you're obviously ballsing anything up (Y)

Yea i used to gap from a slight angle but i have found if you leave straight i can get allot bigger.