Problem With My Nuts

MrSuave

Okey doke, got a wee problem i hope someone may have a bright idea about .....

Basicly, my headset became loose whilst riding yesterday so out come the allen keys, i undo the stem bolts and attempt to tighten the topcap bolt but it just keeps spinning, it will neither tighten or undo so i can only guess that the star fangled nut is spinning in the steerer :huh:

i cant phisicly pull it out with brute force or by wedging a chisel in between the top cap and stem, it just wont budge!

so before i get very annoyed and resort to a big f**k off drill and drill the head off the top cap bolt and prob ruin my chris king cap at the same time. does anyone have any bright ideas of how to resolve this irritating little problem?

thanks in advance...

MrSuave (Y)

tried that already, me and dad pulling one fork leg each while standing on the bars, no budge :angry:

just had a thought, if i spin it upside down and put an extension bar up the steerer tuba and whack the hell of it with a large hammer i can maybe force it upwards enough to allow me to undo it, or just bash it right out... hmmmm :mellow:

EDIT; great minds eh !!! ^^^ ha ha

Edited by TomNewbold

I've had the same problem and did what Joe and his lover did, worked fine.

Or do the manly appoarch with standing on the bars and pulling the forks...it'll put hairs on your chest...or a fork through it.

just had a thought, if i spin it upside down and put an extension bar up the steerer tuba and whack the hell of it with a large hammer i can maybe force it upwards enough to allow me to undo it, or just bash it right out... hmmmm :mellow:

EDIT; great minds eh !!! ^^^ ha ha

Yep do it works a treat (Y)

A friend of mine had this problem....the silver middle bit in the starspangle thing was just spinning.

We wedged screwdriver under topcap....and basically pulled it up

Same happened with me. It was super hard to get mine out, but we managed it with a good lengthy screwdriver :)

haha i thought you were going to post about your saggy scrot problems :P

i leave all my STD related problems to the chit-chat area ;)

DID IT!! bike upside down, big f**k off club hammer and a drift bar, few whacks and out it came, little bugger.....

Cheers all (Y)

DID IT!! bike upside down, big f**k off club hammer and a drift bar, few whacks and out it came, little bugger.....

So it came out stem side? Wouldn't it have been easier to hit it downwards out of wheel side (as in the direction they "taper") or have I missed something :S