Airgun Forums

TomR

i'm also interested in aquiring a rifle, a mate of mine has aquired some land which is being ravaged by rabbits so i'm after a half decent one too!

right we were down the local moor type thing at 4 in the morning this has hapened 2ce while camping and some rabbit shooter have come round as pest control - they had like a 5 foot scilenced shotgun to shoot em - cos we were camping i was pissed so like

"oi mate thats a bit of a f**king gun ennit what bores that???"

" *cant remember reply but was f**king large*

"PTCH has smypahty its only a f**king rabbit shoot it wid an air-rifle"

"have you ever shot a rabbit"

"yes........."

"what with?"

"an air-rifle"

"did it dye???"

"slowly"

apparently you need a big gun to do it *humanly* basically - f**k it pop em a reminder in there fluffy lil choot

Well yer a shotgun is better because at least then it dies fast!

Imagine you getting shot in the artery in your leg with rifle, you'd be f**ked but you wouldnt die for ages.

You would have rather been blown up with an RPG, atleast it's quick!

Get my point... lol

(hope you do because im talking bollocks again lol, im mad!)

right we were down the local moor type thing at 4 in the morning this has hapened 2ce while camping and some rabbit shooter have come round as pest control - they had like a 5 foot scilenced shotgun to shoot em - cos we were camping i was pissed so like

"oi mate thats a bit of a f**king gun ennit what bores that???"

" *cant remember reply but was f**king large*

"PTCH has smypahty its only a f**king rabbit shoot it wid an air-rifle"

"have you ever shot a rabbit"

"yes........."

"what with?"

"an air-rifle"

"did it dye???"

"slowly"

apparently you need a big gun to do it *humanly* basically - f**k it pop em a reminder in there fluffy lil choot

well me and two mates approached the allotment with two 177 and one 22 bolt action cheap rifles, my mate shot it from about 8 metres and it was fitting out so he finished it off with the 22, to be fair its very rare to get close to a rabbit for a nice shot so i want something that'll kill from about 20 metres, hopefully i wont have to pay anymore than £100. anyone any ideas?

sorry for jacking the thread btw

i no this may sound a bit :blink:

but cant you get those magnum ball bearing catapults which will have such a large force equivelent to a gun and not SO illegal??? :ermm:

also not many air-rifles id imagine would kill from 20 metres because shooting a rabbit at that range you aim would most probably hit the body which is likey to only wound it.....

the people to the moors do it in pitch black so the rabbits are close... but then again if you got shot with the shotgun he was holding...... i would hate to think thats why they told us to stay within our camp site and not wander arround in a drunk stuper and get ourselves shot lol :rolleyes:

So many little kids and with there inexperienced opinions,

A air rifle is ALOT more humane than shotgun, For a start it really isnt cricket to shoot a still target with a shotgun your just gonna fill it with lead which is totally useless.. and you really need to be pretty skilled to hit a rabbit with a shotgun ( to kill it humanely )

With a decent air rifle and scope youll be able to pick them off easily (If you hit them in the right spot) and they'll die instantly

Oi dont say things like that if you would have read the thread it was a marks man who told me and the distances they shoot rabbits at is at far more of a range than 20m i would imagine - an air pellet wouldnt reach with enough power to do too much damage they do it for a living to shoot the f**kers - id imagine they know what they doing. A friend was camping down there and they brought a rabbit back to cook it on the fire...... so obiously not FILLED with lead isit

Oi dont say things like that if you would have read the thread it was a marks man who told me and the distances they shoot rabbits at is at far more of a range than 20m i would imagine - an air pellet wouldnt reach with enough power to do too much damage they do it for a living to shoot the f**kers - id imagine they know what they doing. A friend was camping down there and they brought a rabbit back to cook it on the fire...... so obiously not FILLED with lead isit

There are idiots in the shooting world...

and I very much doubt they shot a rabbit the same day and cooked it, It would taste horrible

There are idiots in the shooting world...

and I very much doubt they shot a rabbit the same day and cooked it, It would taste horrible

Dude i never had a gun - im not part of animal welfare - i didnt eat any of the meat

so how the f**k should i know!!! there hired on behalf of the council and i guess they know what there talking about making a living off doing it.

but meh!!! what do i know you COULD know more!! i dont know do i!!

im saying stop having a rant at me calling me a lil kid you only 2 years older an what does that matter anyway?? i dont have a problem with you saying what you think but next time dont direct it at me trying to take the piss

Dude i never had a gun - im not part of animal welfare - i didnt eat any of the meat

so how the f**k should i know!!! there hired on behalf of the council and i guess they know what there talking about making a living off doing it.

but meh!!! what do i know you COULD know more!! i dont know do i!!

im saying stop having a rant at me calling me a lil kid you only 2 years older an what does that matter anyway?? i dont have a problem with you saying what you think but next time dont direct it at me trying to take the piss

Not tryign to take the piss at all :) Just trying to give you the facts

Pest control arent usally the sharpest tool's in the box, but there are some really good ones

Might have a Gunpower stealth complete gun with case, tripod, mental scope, silencer and pellets soon.

IPB Image

The big black f**ker there hehe. Might sell the Mp5 aswell if you offer a good enough price.

Airgunbbs for rifle forums. Google it (Y)

That P90 style one looks alright. Is it any good?

www.airgunbbs.com/forum

With shooting rabbits, regardless of calliber a clean headshot SHOULD do the trick. More often than not it won't fall over as easy as you would think. If the rabbit is AT ALL spooked and knows you are there the last thing in its mind is getting to its home. When you shoot it it was thinking of doing that and goes APE!

You need to be prepared to then do something to stop that, shooting it will do nothing because to be fair... its already dead. Just brain activity reaching the rest of its body so you need to stretch its neck. Hold hand round back of neck and legs and push down with the head. Not too hard or it will fall off.

If you plan on shooting rabbits definately take some time to prefect your aim. If you shoot a rabbit in the body its more than likely going to run down a hole and die slowly which isn't fair to be honest. Most hunters rule would be if you can consistantly put 5 shots into a 10p sized hole at the ranges and positions you would be hunting in then you are ready to go.

And ALWAYS take headshots!!

If you need any help on guns/setiing up just MSN me.

ASCUK is by far the best Airsoft forum out there for the UK. I advise against posting about air rifles though, as you won't get the response you're looking for. ASCUK is for Airsofting (funnily enough) so air rifles are rarely mentioned, but Airsoft guns are just as fun to be honest as you can skirmish against people without bleeding/dying :)

A air rifle is ALOT more humane than shotgun, For a start it really isnt cricket to shoot a still target with a shotgun your just gonna fill it with lead which is totally useless.. and you really need to be pretty skilled to hit a rabbit with a shotgun ( to kill it humanely )

With a decent air rifle and scope youll be able to pick them off easily (If you hit them in the right spot) and they'll die instantly

Yeah maybe true if you're using a sawnoff but there's no reason the whole shell wouldn't hit a rabbit/pigeon/whatever out to about 20m. Air rifles generally don't penetrate deep enough to kill instantaneously, just sever something important so the poor shit bleeds to death.

Yeah maybe true if you're using a sawnoff but there's no reason the whole shell wouldn't hit a rabbit/pigeon/whatever out to about 20m. Air rifles generally don't penetrate deep enough to kill instantaneously, just sever something important so the poor shit bleeds to death.

Widdle off... my air rifle has only left one pellet in a rabbit and that was at 85ish yards. Still smashed its skull to bits.

Air rifles are more effective way of controlling rabbits. Plus it can be done at night and silently.