New Ashton Frame?

ben

right iv got a job at last and iv been interested in this new Ashton about it looks like it rides really nice and it look s like it has most of the advantages of a long and a short bike looks flcikable but theres still space from what i understand the wheel base is fairly short but the reach is quite high as well about the same as a control i was wondering what it rode like if any have been broken yet if theres any thing to watch out for (Bottom Bracket size if you know it) thanks for any help

ben

do you have any videos or anything so i can get a feel for your riding style and stuff as i don't normally buy new frames so it best be like spot on basically thanks for the help and the speedy reply ill go and have a look at the pictures (Y)

do you have any videos or anything so i can get a feel for your riding style and stuff as i don't normally buy new frames so it best be like spot on basically thanks for the help and the speedy reply ill go and have a look at the pictures (Y)

download the ali c gravity video off tartybike. hes on an ashton and the riding is great

cheers Chris...theres the bangor ride vid too (and hopfully another vid soon when dave gets around to putting it up :- )

also watch trial noir dvd, thats got porter and ashton himself riding one.

my frame is dented and scratched to hell now, but no cracks! I recken these are one of the strongest frames out, but they are a tad heavy, but you dont notice it as they ride really nicley.

the frames are really strong a mate has one. he has really thrown his about and bashed and smashed it on walls and its hasnt got a dent yet. but because they are strong as f**k they are slightly heavy. id say if you like the ride of it go for it, and theres no need to worry bout he strenght of them.

Edited by andy h

:- hudson, im not 'that' harsh, haha ok maybe i am. yeah im a heavy duude and its lasting, strong as hell, i love it, lovely on street, bunnyhops great easily throwable, and good on natural, well just look at Ali C, he didnt HAVE to ride for ashton did he, he made a bonza choice and so did i buying one.

the new ashton, mk5? mk6? I cant remember, its the newer longer frame with little gussets in the rear triangle.

I would be mighty impressed if your pall broke one!

and PLEASE dont say "cuz" it drives me up the wall, I really do despair at the language young people use these days (N)

the new ashton, mk5? mk6? I cant remember, its the newer longer frame with little gussets in the rear triangle.

I think the newest one is the mk 6, and its the first one that is colored if i'm right?

So if your friends frame was silver, it is not one of these.

Thanks for all the help ill have to ride sombodys some time to really know i want to know what it would feel like for more "pure" trials riding the weights not a that bigger issue for me but again thanks every one for the help best get saving some pennies up.

Ben.