Hey A Question A For Seniors/forum Administrators Etc.

ashby-trials

Hey i have been on this forum for a while now and i was thinking i read the for/sale topics etc and that while im signed in does that stop new members stop getting validated. I know this may seem rude/cheeky but ive noticed some members have been on this forum for about a couple of weeks and have been validated and some havent done any introductions etc.

Cheers Andy

p.s sorry if ive been an idiot posting something pointless like this

You havnt been on a while atall!

Some people have been new members for over a year now

If i have to wait a year, at the paice im going, i will give up lol.. and this topic now makes the admins not want to validate you quickly, because it will then look like everyone can make a topic like this, and just get validated..

half of getting validated is pure luck.. i refered my friend to here, 'Grizzly' and on his 4th post he was validated :huh: now he is ripping it out of me lol even though he hardly uses his account :(

half of getting validated is pure luck

Wrong, it's not luck.

If any admin/mod sees someone worth validating, they will do so.

If any Senior member sees someone they think should be validated they can post it in the appropriate topic in Senior Member chat. When an admin/mod sees that then that person will be validated. Members can and do report posts from people they think are worth validating too.

If you're posting properly, you'll get validaded.

Also, see the 1st line of the new members guidelines. (Y)

We all want to be validated. You just have to be patient.

Topics like that are NOT what get you validated, its just being helpful and freindly. I no that I cant really talk as Im not validated, but just try and be a bit more self controling.

tom

Click, take notes, and stop mooning. Its the same for everyone.

I'm not even validated and these occasional 'please validate me/why aren't i validated?' topics are really starting to hack me off. (N)

Seems like you are now (Y)

I do know the feeling when you spend lots of time writing long posts and checking them carefully to help people, but i suppose you just have to be patient and go with the flow, and keep your posts good and helpful, and make the best of the topics in here.

Wrong, it's not luck.

If any Senior member sees someone they think should be validated they can post it in the appropriate topic in Senior Member chat. When an admin/mod sees that then that person will be validated. Members can and do report posts from people they think are worth validating too.

but how can they if theres 1000s of people needing to be valitdted

Wrong, it's not luck.

"Thousands" is also pretty damn optimistic...