Why Is Limewire Acting Crap

lardo_69

When i firsted installed lime wire about a week ago it gave me a download rate of about 150-200k a second which i thought was pretty bloody good. Now all i can get out of it is a tops a about 10k. What the hell is up with it.

Can any one give me any tips on boosting the performance. I have already downloaded lime wire pro off lime wire thats not helped ethier.

Or can some recommened a different shareware program i can use, because this just suck.

(Side note, computers are crap)

Blueyonder, my ISP, provides access to newsgroups (inc. dodgy ones) for free as part of the service.

You really, really, REALLY shouldn't use Limewire. I know, first hand, so nobody can call bullshit, someone who got fined £2,000 by the uk phonographic industry or some such shit, based on evidence that they were using limewire. Don't do it.

Limewire and torrents are completly different.

Limewire - Good for small downloads like songs etc, because of the small filesize allows you to get more kb per second, also it is good for new realease films.

Torrents - Crap for single songs but good for albums, also good for older films because they have more sources for them, also good for films etc.

Dan.

Blueyonder, my ISP, provides access to newsgroups (inc. dodgy ones) for free as part of the service.

You really, really, REALLY shouldn't use Limewire. I know, first hand, so nobody can call bullshit, someone who got fined £2,000 by the uk phonographic industry or some such shit, based on evidence that they were using limewire. Don't do it.

Limewire is legal what are you on about.

Dan.

Limewire is legal what are you on about.

Dan.

Do you live in a cave!?

If so, here's the deal: When you download a song from limewire pricisely £0.00 goes to the artist/record company that produced that song. They are not happy about this, and are currently in the process, both here and in America, of bringing class-action lawsuites against people.

Basically, if you get this letter through your letter box, you can go to court with £10,000 to pay for lawyers to fight your case against charges against you that add up to £10,000's, or you can settle out of court for £2,000. You choose the latter, as you have not a leg to stand on.

It has happened to a girl i know.

• 2 years later...
Do you live in a cave!?

If so, here's the deal: When you download a song from limewire pricisely £0.00 goes to the artist/record company that produced that song. They are not happy about this, and are currently in the process, both here and in America, of bringing class-action lawsuites against people.

Basically, if you get this letter through your letter box, you can go to court with £10,000 to pay for lawyers to fight your case against charges against you that add up to £10,000's, or you can settle out of court for £2,000. You choose the latter, as you have not a leg to stand on.

It has happened to a girl i know.

It is legal to have Limewire on your computer.

It is illegal to use Limewire to download songs that you do not have the license to.

Lets all pretend you didn't just say that...

Well, it is?

The program itself is completely legal as you can swap songs on a creative commons license (I think?) and not pay for them, of get free samples for a sample library.

It's when naughty people put songs with a 'All Rights Reserved' license on, that it becomes illegal.. :P

if caught it would make sense to pay the actual price of the songs youve downloaded illegaly! otherwise they are could claim £10,000 from you if youve only ever downloaded 1 song!

i shall stop having a winge now!

Yeah, that'd be a great detterant wouldn't it.

:huh: