New Law!

skuzzbucket

How do you guys feel about the new law regarding cycles to have an audible warning device(bell) fitted?

Have had mixed reviews in my local group.

I believe we could get a hefty fine for not compling to the law. I say my noisy rear brake works great as a warning device! :lol:

Whats your views?

I don't see the point in having a bell on a bike but it wound'nt look good to have a bell on a trials bike would it? :lol: i think that you shouldn't be alloud to ride on the road beacuse it could be dangerus because i rember once my techer told me 2 ride on the road so i did and the police pulled me over and sied to not ride on the road and i was :S i think they should let us make the bike law (Y)(Y):P:P:D:D

cheers luke

think of the number of new tricks like tap to bellring..

it is an obvious progression of the sport desgined specifically by politicians for trials riders to make new tricks. :P

Excellent idea rather than front wheel gap to human head. Ive never seemed to land it yet, always painful.

It says you have to have a bell but doesn't say where on the bike it has to bee :shifty: draw one on your bike and say the bell is in the graphic. I do agree having a bell is useless to a trials bike. But like we care about the law we ruin public property vandalize things. Not having a bell just adds to our list of social deviance.

Edited by Boris_the_second

they can try and get us to use them!! :santa:

when are they thinking of doing this????

anyway having a bell is stupid......you have to take your hand from your BRAKE to press it, so this means if they dont realise it you are more likely to hit them, plus you have only one hand on your bars so you have less control to try and dodge them! :-

anyway my brakes are louder and the public know exactly where the noise is coming from, with a bell they are not as loud and definate as the brakes so they can't tell straight away where we are!!

plus they always notice my hub and our voices........... NO NEED FOR ANY BELLS!!

:blink::S

Well riding through Plymouth City Centre on a busy Saturday, everyone is in there own world brakes/bell/dick hanging out. they aint going to move, in all honesty, shouting at them is the best way to move the cattle!

if anyone riding past me on a bike shouted at me on a saturday night???

someone 1ce rode past me shouting at me to get off the pavement when i was pushing my bike.....

he then made the mistake of kicking my caliper... he wasnt on his bike much longer

just be f**king respectfull - you shouldnt ride your bikes on the pavemenet let alone down a f**king high street just chill out and wait till its the right place to start riding your bike again