What Rear Rim Are You Power Beasts Using?

Shaun H

Ronnies are wank after aboput 3 grinds.

Not if you are Pete Wright;

I've re-built my 1 Ronnie rim about 15 times now! It's had 8 Grinds and does a 12ft drop pretty much every time i ride me bike! I have just noticed aafter trying differnt psi and silly low 12psi was my lowest i have a tiny split apearing on the join! Back to normal psi all is good!

I grind the hell out of my rim, it's got some nasty slips with the grinder where i 1st learnt how to use one! Well till i devloped my grinding skill which rocks!

Would that fit in a frame?

Again, if you are Mr Wrong - he ran one in a Pashley years back. Think there was frame bending or something involved, however, I can't say for sure

IPB Image

Ronnies are poop after 3 grinds :D

My Ronnie was pretty good for me, it had a couple of flat spots but I'm a bit of a heffar when it comes to gapping.

But I only ground it once over 6 months before switching to V!Z (fecking awesome).

I think theres only one thing to say about that ronnie rim Mr Gibson, Pump your tyre up and stop being so unsmooth.

My ronnie has truthfully had about 30 grinds. I used to do quite light grinds with my old plazzies then got a bit more savage with it after a little while. It got ground at the slightest hint of the grinds sharpness wearing off, which was usually about every 5 to 7 days, more or less depending on how much i rode it. Had the rim around 8 months and it was still running up until a week ago.

Your rim is in perfect condition compared to my old one, i'll get some pictures if i have to in a bit.

Just put a fourth grind on mine :ermm: Whoops...

Some proper pictures of the Mirror rims are on Tarty's website..

They dont look as shiney, probably cos of the lighting as tarty said

I wouldn't worry too much matey! I'm the harshest of riders. I have a Ronnie not and i dont plan on grinding it as I'm goint to run Zoo! pads on a clean rim!

:ermm:

I have an unground Ronnie that's about as stable as Dubya.

If width isn't an issue, I've put Rhyno Lites through hell and back, and they've only ever had a brief introduction to my spoke key. Small braking surface though, and dunno what they'll be like after they've had a sidewall/cutting disc interface. Need to be well laced as well.

A DH one yeah, but then thy run dual discs ;)

the Sulry Large Marge rim - for it is he - is used on the Surly Pugsly bike, which is meant for travel over sand and snow, due to the HUUUUGE footprint of a 65mm wide rim and 3" tyres! the frame and forks have to be made especially wide to accomodate them though...

and it weighs a tonne, so it's no good for trials!