Keeping Fit...

Chris Elson

i havn't been riding as much as i used to, like i brought my zona zip frame and headset in july, and since then ive only ridden 3 weeks worth :( i'm getting a bit of a tummy :P Trials is starting to bore me though.

EDIT: So yes, basically eat what ever the hell you want just ride as much as you can (Y)

Edited by Barber

I would say try your best to eat as well as you possibly can, if you are doing allot of riding every day, food is well important to give you the energy to do it properly, you don't need to go over the top as you are not trying to loose excessive weight or gain massive bulk, but see it like this your body is your engine but s##t fuel in it and it will perform s##t!. I myself am a qualified personal trainer, I keep myself in shape and eat as well as I can but I still enjoy the usual junk every now and than, so don't think you have to monitor it all the time, try to eat good carb's like wholegrain pasta, rice etc, you will have all the energy you need, also if you are riding every day and you can afford it I would recommend supplementing your riding with a protein supplement, this will help repair your muscles after long days of riding and prepare yourself for the next ride.

Sorry to bang on a bit but definitely consider it you will definitely notice a difference.

any more Q's please ask. (Y)B)

yes i do ...i eat all sorts ....i eat salad bowls every day for supper and salad with most of my meals then i drink bout 7 500ml bottles a day and plenty of rice , pasta and i only drink some fizzy stuff and keep of heavy drinking and don't smoke ..plus i go in my gym and on my tred mill when i have time ect ...theres more but cant be asses to comment and also ride my bike every day i can lol..( only if it ain't f**king raining :angry:).. ......so Yer and this is my gym i work out in ......bennyb (Y)

IPB Image

Edited by bennyb

Is it me or does trials really get your heart going, i might just be really unfit but it seems to make me sweat alot and my heart rate to go up.

yer same here mate after bout an hour i start to get a lot of adrenaline rush and sweat a bit then cool then sweat ....but when i get going i can't really stop ...bennyb (Y)

so ...yer i do to ....

Is it me or does trials really get your heart going, i might just be really unfit but it seems to make me sweat alot and my heart rate go up.

it's probably because your hopping the big old Dabomb about! :P

Only joking, Da bombs are cool i had 1! :D

Edited by SamMonty

Eat what you like, as long as it's food :-

I mean, junk food doesn't feed you, it fills you with anything but not what you need to function.... so practically, eating snacks and chips is like starving yourself of the nutrients you need to keep going... (while giving you the impression of being full, but it doesn't last, so you need more junk food quite soon after your first intake)

So real food includes bread, eggs, rice, pasta, fruits, etc... It makes a serious difference...

I've been a junk food addict before :lol::rolleyes: , but now I cook most of what I eat... B)

Then, just riding does the rest... but don't expect your body to build up on thin-air (or hydrogenated vegetable fat, artificial flavouring, salt and sugar) ;)

I always think to myself that i will deffineatly try to eat healthy, and maybe i can last abit longer on the rock sections, but if you really think about it , its not really your health affecting the way you ride its just how good you are, the less experienced you are at trials the harder its going to be to hop around things, which means you are going to get alot more tired. The harder you ride the section the harder its going to be on you. Thats what i say (Y)

Cheerz for the comments people.

Hope i make sense. :D

i like to eat what ever i fancy and i think as long as i do some form of exercise that day itll all balance out. i do training with my local shinty teem twice a week so that keeps me reasonably fit and of corse riding my bike as much as possible helps (Y)

I regretable had A short brake from riding. Maybe a month or less. In between I did swimming reguarly, tennis and weights. Anyway now I got my new bike I dived straight back in. The first day of Riding my shoulders ached like anything. Second day my left leg was destroyed. And after today my left tricep feels abit dodgy.

Might this just be due to not using some of the 'trials specific 'muscles for other sports and then gonig straight back into using them?

Phil

I regretable had A short brake from riding. Maybe a month or less. In between I did swimming reguarly, tennis and weights. Anyway now I got my new bike I dived straight back in. The first day of Riding my shoulders ached like anything. Second day my left leg was destroyed. And after today my left tricep feels abit dodgy.

Might this just be due to not using some of the 'trials specific 'muscles for other sports and then gonig straight back into using them?

Phil

Ye it sounds like it , thats what i would of thought. Maybe your muscles aren't used to the strain of trials.

I always think to myself that i will deffineatly try to eat healthy, and maybe i can last abit longer on the rock sections, but if you really think about it , its not really your health affecting the way you ride its just how good you are, the less experienced you are at trials the harder its going to be to hop around things, which means you are going to get alot more tired. The harder you ride the section the harder its going to be on you. Thats what i say (Y)

Cheerz for the comments people.

Hope i make sense. :D

yeah i get what your saying all the extra correction hops takes it out of you where as pros can just balance whilst hardly moving for as long as they like .

i think breathing tecnique has to do with it aswell cos sometimes i find myself holding my breath