Booze Tax

anzo

I bet the MAJORITY of under 25's do get completely wasted every other day.

Kids of 14 should be down the park playing footy, or going to a judo class or something, not standing on a street corner with a crate of carling.

I'm 100% sure the MAJORITY of over 18's in this country dont binge drink every other day... Thats just f**king stupid.

And the 14 year olds, thats your local police forces job to crack down on, not going to be affected by taxes.

Yeah binge drinking is a problem, but you know what, its our culture that has lead to this to happen.

Think about it, English football, some the of the most violent fans in the world, have a couple of drinks, have a punch up.

Its the same in town, guys have a few drinks, have a punch up.

Raising tax's just earn more money, same as a speed camera, has that stopped you speeding outside of the 12ft trap? No of course it f**king hasn't, and increasing tax's wont stop me going out and getting pretty raging drunk after uni because I want to have a laugh with my mates!

I kind of agree with Danny in the increase to 21. But then again, I've waited 18 years to drink legally, I do kinda enjoy it, I now don't want that taken away for another 3 years...

erm...no! I really don't know where to start. Only sell alcahol to people that get none violent, how would that work? Every shop would have to employ a psychic to tell if people are likely to cause a fight when drunk!

i'm talking about looks, fair enugh it might not work sometimes, but if the chav scum comes into the shop and buys a 12 pack of kestrel its abit suspect isn't it. But then if he looks like me (well sexy :ermm: ) then by my body language, type of english i speak and wearing non chavvy clothes, its just a rough sketch of how it should be, i wasn't saying its perfect but its better than selling a load of beer to some chav scum that will then go nick a car and joyride it, crash it, and possibly kill people.

to be honest i dont get the appeal of going to get shitfaced, but i usually get dragged into it anyways :(lol

i'd rather spend my hard earned on something that lasts, rather than a consumable...

they should either double the amount drink costs (like mike said) or keep it the same, they shouldn't dodge around and put it up a little bit, that's just plain annoying!

Will

i'm talking about looks, fair enugh it might not work sometimes, but if the chav scum comes into the shop and buys a 12 pack of kestrel its abit suspect isn't it. But then if he looks like me (well sexy :ermm: ) then by my body language, type of english i speak and wearing non chavvy clothes, its just a rough sketch of how it should be, i wasn't saying its perfect but its better than selling a load of beer to some chav scum that will then go nick a car and joyride it, crash it, and possibly kill people.

LOL youre just digging yourself deeper and deeper...

ok, if its being put up by a few pence then thats not going to make any difference at all.

They need to tackle the source......BAD PARENTING!!!! Honestly, some parents have no idea how to rais kids, once their kids go bad they start effecting their friends and the parents dont know how to deal with it.

Haha

So your saying everyone has to dress and speak like you to be allowed to get served alcohol?

Am I correct in thinking as long as the parents have purchased the alcohol and give the child permission to drink it it is legal to drink from the age of 5? It may not be 5 but I am damn sure as long as the parents ok it then its legal.

So, the good parents will know if their child is drinking and in theory should know if it will turn them into a tosser. (Typical chav) Underage drinking I don't feel is the problem, its dirty chavs who are tossers without being fuelled get hold of it and then become a new breed of complete wanker just because they have had a few.

stupid comment,do it on looks, 1) im sure thats prejudice

2) you saying if i go have a shave, do my side parting all nice, whack on my shirt, wooly jumper in pastel colours, bron courdouroys(with breaches) and some hush puppies, im responsible enough to drink. yet tonight i feel like wearing me hackett top, ripped denims, me lacoste trainers, aquascutum jacket, an AJ cap. im then because of my clothing choice, obivisouly a casual, and so shouldnt deserve to drink.

as for the comment about well dressed people with a good dialect being allowed to buy weapons, because there clearly not going to hurt someone,im sure there was, and possibly still is a small group of criminals, who are normally well dressed, yet have been known to be slightly violent, think they were called, wat was it, the mafia?? so there allowed to go buy 15 inch bowie knives(because of cause your armani suit is perfect hunting gear) yet the roofer walking in wearing his trackies an nike shox, cant buy a stanley knive, cos he looks like he might be a rude boi.

and i dont know where you come from, but around my end, not every group of chavs drink a 12 pack, go nick a car, and crash it. some will actually go back to there social service housing, get drunk, and watch some films, order a chinese, whack MoTD on,have a spliff an hit the sack.

The problem with the government is that it 'tries' but cannot understand young people.

I've never been in a serious fight, although I've been in a few scuffles so to speak. Never with one around the same age though, they're always about 40 something.

In derby a few months ago some guy picked a fight with a lad I know, he was shouting at him and threatening him while my mate just stood there. My mate did the 'right' thing in turning around and walking away.

The guy followed him, he was on his own and my mate was with about 5 people. We stopped at the top of the road again and this guy confronted my mate yet again, I turned round to him and just told him to 'go away and leave it'....not the exact words used, but I turned away and then my mate grabbed me and threw me aside.

Turns out this guy took a swing for me with a glass bottle, and missed.

As I said, the guy was 40ish. I find that most people my age are local Uni students just out for a good time, especially around Derby and Nottingham centre. Go to the more 'quiet' local places and you get the trouble. I find most of the chavvy wankers never step foot around town centre pubs because they're too skint.

Ironically, at this moment in time our local MP is fighting for a popular brewery in this area to remain open....

I don't think putting a tax on booze will do a thing, i don't really care if i'm paying £1.50 or £2.50 for a pint, i'll still buy it. It will probably piss off the old men in my local who go in from 11am till closing every day.

Putting a new age limit on alcohol won't stop binge drinking either, like it's been said kids will always get their hands on some. Some of my greatest nights out were in the woods having some nice illeagal drinks (Y)

And is underage drinking all that bad?

You learn to control it a bit more for when you are 18. Imagine never having a drink until you're 18 (and a lot of people do it!!) and when you finally turn 18 you'll be completely hammered, if not go into toxic shock.

Indecent exposure :$

Nah i got into an argument with some people and as they drove off i kicked out and put a 2cm crack in his front wing :unsure: , Then i got arrested in the kebab shop. Paid for all the damage and a fine which cost a bit. Now i'm super sensible when i go out. Staying in the cells sucks.

Well to everyone that thinks i'm stupid (everyone in the world):

Yes it is predjudice (sp) and i'm not saying its the best, far from it, it's just a rough guideline, just think, you own a shop an offlicence for instance, and a chav comes in buying a 12 pack of chavvy booze, you'd be stupid if you think they were going to be responsible with it, obviously you guys don't quite get what i'm saying or something, but its just a small suggestion, that will go nowhere because i'm far from being important cos i'm only 15. And if you don't get it after 'a chav comes in buying a 12 pack of chavvy booze, you'd be stupid if you think they were going to be responsible with it' has been said then you're a bum cheek. :lol:

Its kind of in force in some places, I've seen shops and pubs with a no caps rule, and many pubs with a no trainers rule.

I think it depends where you drink as to how much trouble can effect you. Derby is split in half, one is full of the hormonal 15 year olds going to under 18's clubs aswell as all the up town clubs (baracuda for example) and then the other half is full of student and skater pubs...if you know what I mean, we have a pub with a halfpipe in the garden for example.

I find the 'skater pubs' (I feel about 13 years old typing this out, lol) are a lot more laid back, loads more fun etc. Its piss funny to go watch some guy, pissed out his face, trying to drop in for the first time on a skateboard.

To get a taxi home, I have to walk past the 'up town' clubs and the Hormonal Crew, and evidently, that is where the shit kicks off.

I havent read the whole thread but ill throw this into the mixer anyways!!!!

Im 16 ATM i have a fake ID i often go to clubs and pubs and gigs and get trashed

i mean i dont cause any problems ive never been i a fight when out - never been

sick everywhere - just been genrally trashed..... howver i dont really see anything

wrong with it - i work f**king hard i do 5 hours work after a day of colledge on a friday

night before going out and do a 9 hour shift at work the next saturday - i think i deserve

a good night out as much as someone 2 years older than me!!!!!!!

just putting it into the mixer :P discuss :Plol

EDIT and as for the tax...... if the tax goes to high..... ill just smoke more pot

simple supply and demand curve :P searching for alternative goods in the market :P

Edited by Simpson

Yer I've got a fake Id aswell, Im not keen on the taste of alcohol though so I just use it to buy alcohol for 13 years and making money out of it. and for getting into films.

As for the taxes thing, Im not really sure, i think that younger children should be allowed to drink a little bit so that they don't go wild when they turn 18. no idea about taxes though :-

Interesting thing on ID. On the news the other day 'preventing identity theft'.

1.Keep your passport stored away safety.

2.Never take your drivers lisence with you, this is a legal document and isn't required all the time.

Now, anyone whos been out drinking will know what I'm getting at. A lot of places will only accept Passports or Drivers Licenses as a valid proof of age.

I take my license with me, and my mate takes his passport. Now, if either of us were to lose them, being drunk which is fairly easy, we'd both be f**ked.

This is because the government refuses to actknowledge a NATIONAL ID that MUST be accepted everywhere. Pubs don't even accept student cards, bline cards or any others because they are 'easily copied'.

A crack down on underage drinking maybe? But easier for identity theft... :ermm:

Yeah the I.D thing is annoying. All the major clubs in Brighton ask for I.D now pretty much regardless of how old you look, so you need to be carrying it at all times. And a lot of places have got pretty tough on what they'll accept, so it's pretty much passport or driving license. I don't like the idea of carrying my passport around whilst off my face :S Even if you're not that drunk it's still not a great idea to be carrying it around on a night out. I dont have any problems with showing I.D but it's just stupid when you have to be carrying around such important documents.

Could be worse though. When I lived in Canada some clubs wouldnt let you in without three forms of I.D. Driving license, passport and a credit card. One bouncer even doubted the validity of my British passport :S

never

they cant put the prices up on pints n the pub its already to expensive fukin goverment i hate them there shit they keep lettin all these pakis in to the country and now look whats happenin the pakis are tryin to take over our country they look like terrorists aaaaaaaaaaaa all the goverment do is rise our white peoples taxes on everything and then all the skanks tht move to ths country get our money just gven to them o and then maybe a f**kin house white people should live in white countries yellow people in yellow countries and so on

Edited by granty

In Sweden, the alcohol is much more controlled than in the UK. If we want anything stronger than 3.5% vol, we have to go to a government operated shop called Systembolaget. They sell eveything stronger than the 3.5% beer/cider you can get in normal shops. You have to be 20 years old to shop there.

Prices are high on alcohol, due to taxes and to stop binge drinking. The prices increase ever so often. Cheapest bottle of vodka is 15 quid there.

What do we do about it?

We go to Germany and buy shitloads of alcohol on the bordershops. Crate of beer, 5 quid. Bottle of vodka, same price. Then we proceed to smuggle it all back.

The EU broke the Swedish alcohol regulations.

I was having a crap this morning and was reading my girlfriend first magazine :P but it had this feature on binge drinking for women, but it said something interesting daily units for a woman is 3 and you’re binge drinking if you drink more than that (I assume the same applies for men but with 5 units), btw a large glass of wine is 4 units. So according to the figures all these people going for a nice meal and having a glass of wine and a quiet drink in the pub afterwards are evil binge drinkers that are causing the downfall of our society!

On the subject of i.d I never take it out with me , I’m 26! And for my 26th birthday I went out to a club and Me and my friends (everyone that was out was over 22) and we werent allowed in (even my friend who is 29) it was just ridiculous , we did get in after a bit of persueding! I can’t drive and I am not taking my passport out with me. I have had more trouble with being i.d since I was 18 than before!