How Does Dualdisc Hold Up?

t33zr

I've had a Megamo dual disc, using older style mini's, for past few years. Next bike is a Monty 231 ti, and that'll be dual-disc. I've never had any real problems with them. Set them up well, try and get the mounts faced if possible, spend a bit of time making sure the calipers are aligned about right, and keep them serviced.

The mini's I've run have been on there for over 3 years, only just had to give one any real attention, and that was only bleed the system, change the pads :D

My rear Hope Trials has been awesome so far. And it's a 200mm on a 26" wheel. It is much sharper than I expected it to be, and I haven't had any troubles with it so far. Nice and smooth combined with awesome power. What more could you ask? Go for it!

My rear Hope Trials has been awesome so far. And it's a 200mm on a 26" wheel. It is much sharper than I expected it to be, and I haven't had any troubles with it so far. Nice and smooth combined with awesome power. What more could you ask? Go for it!

I never tryed rear disc brake before.... and i dont feel that i can trust it... :P

Imagine the force thats is on the little 160mm rotor on the back......

Do you think rear disc will hold up with for example CLS ?

a HS33 LOOK much more bulletproof than a little 160mm rotor on the back...

I've had dual disc avids and Hope monotrials, they held up over big (BIG) dropgaps, see the roadtrip video or D15C Complete. On the Roadtrip in Bristol I was running a 160 rotor because I'd shattered an adaptor the day before, and that held up to castle park big drop gaps.

Should be fine mate. (Y)

Saying that I'm going back to rear V's for maintenence reasons. But if you got he sponsors then no worries!

Rich

it will be amazing on small moves and natural itll be ok for decent street stuf but when it comes to big dropdowns and stuff its really really pants it puts you under the impression that itll hold on anything when riding small stuff but when it slips, its slip very fast with hardly any resistance. i ran dual disk for a few days was soo nice on natural though i must admit..street is a big no. like scott said on the natural stuff it holds dani comas with ease so no problems there.

Oh and ben montys are strong as hell where did you get the impression that the 06 and 07 montys were so weak from :S

Edited by Gaz M

I never tryed rear disc brake before.... and i dont feel that i can trust it... :P

Imagine the force thats is on the little 160mm rotor on the back......

Do you think rear disc will hold up with for example CLS ?

a HS33 LOOK much more bulletproof than a little 160mm rotor on the back...

cls happened to love mine :)

and mine holds up like a mother foooooker!