Monty 231 Ti

bikerider

Finally, got it finished today, taken me a few weeks or so to get built.

Should've taken the pics before I went out on it, and should've put effort in, but meh......

DSC01572.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

DSC01571.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01574.jpg

Spec:

Monty 231 ti frame...soooo mint!

Echo Urban forks

Echo Control Stem

Monty ti bars

Tensile Optimum cranks

Eno (Y)

back wheel: fixed echo 6 speed on tryall rim,

front wheel: bt

front brake: 06 hope mono trial 180

rear brake: 07 mono trial caliper 180 with 07 mono moto lever (thanks to Tarty Adam :) )

custom cassette

KMC chain (already snapped the split link clip lol)

SRAM shifter and sunrace mech (should i put more tension in it?)

VP pedals

Renthal (ish) grips

TRYall stiky tires and tapes, maxxis tubes

Need that tensile bash!

comments good or bad appreciated

(although I'm not that fussed, cos I damn love it! So much easier than the old megamo)

Dan

Edited by bikerider

how weird! thats such a coincidence! thats virtually the same build as mine which i have nearly finished?

im using the monty forks though...........apart from thats its the same lol!

looks sooo nice though!

ash

No way! Look forward to seeing yours then :P

I nearly went monty forks, but urbans are 55 off of select - can't argue with that!

just wondering, have they stopped having the smaller rear wheel on these now? can you have a proper 26" wheel whether you run a rear disk or not?

Nope, the maggy mounts are still designed for 25" rims, but I have someone who would probably make adaptors should I ever want to go maggy power (not likely :D )

I've always liked the monty's, I was promised one if I finished in the top 5 in youth moto nationals few yaers back - only made 7th lol

Geo is good, one of main reasons for choosing it: 1080wb, +25bb, 390 chainstays (measured mine at 385 though B) )

Dunno if Belaey moving had much to do with it, I was waiting for that KB replica frame to come out, with the carbon top tube, and that had the same geo as this has.

How strong is the rear brake on such a small rotor? Does your wheel flex when the brake locks?

Not really, or not so I've noticed. Tarty's did the wheel build, so it's pretty solid. My last bike was dual disc, I've always found maggy's a bit 'snatchy'. I prefer a bit more modulation, for my style of riding anyway.

^^^RAMBLE!!! :lol::lol: ^^^^^^

footage coming soon...... :P

Dan

No way! Look forward to seeing yours then :P

I nearly went monty forks, but urbans are 55 off of select - can't argue with that!

im riding for cleanbikes, still finishing building it at the moment, got the forks and stem yesterday, the frames are really nice, very light aswell, i cant wait to go riding mine now! im really liking the white rims, looks like you so the 221 ti with the white rims and went for those lol but using try-all instead, looks ace though,

it's really good to see more 26" montys

let me know how you go on with it........... (Y)

ash

I rode a 231Ti today, basically a standard build with a 25" rear wheel etc. After looking at the geometry yesterday I thought it'd be hideous bike to ride but it was amazing. Quite easy on the rear wheel, very nice position and the bike seems to have a lot of bounce. The stem on that bike was around 90mm, if there was something longer in there like 120mm I think it'd ride amazingly well. And the weight is a joke, the one I rode had a shifter, mech and full casette and must have weighed well under 10kgs.