Refunds.

luke_onza

Rite all start by telling you the story so you understand better. Here we go a month ago I seen some tires for sale on this forum. There was a contact number so a gave him a ring and sorted out both our details and address. I put the money in his bank for him the next and he said that the tires had been sent ok. Well after the first week I rang him up and he said that he didn’t get chance to post them until Thursday so I thourt ok then. Then another week past so I rang him up again (quite annoyed by now) and he told me he had posted them to the wrong address but he was getting them back and sending them strait to me. However another week has pat now and I am very annoyed. Is there anyway I could get a refund? And if there tires come after I have got my money back I would pay four them. Any help would be great. :ermm:

luke

1st you took a risk with the rules!

Who is this memeber here?

MSN, e-mail is always better than just a phone number.

Do you have his bank detials still and more importantly his home address?

A home number is good too so you can get his fokes as to him.

To me sounds like you've messed up but with yes and no to the questions about there maybe light

yes he is a meber on here his youser name is koxx boxx.

:(

Hi mate,

I do hope u manage to get your tyres sorted out.

I bought a xtp of him and after sendin ghim 250 it took him over 10days to post it.

His excuse is he did not have any money to post it.

Er hello he had 250 quid of my money,(it takes 5 days to get it out your paypal account).

Anyway, the frame once it arrived was good, the rear brake i bought also was a front upside down though.

so i was not completely happy with the sale but i just put it down to expierence and moved on as i got my stuff.

GOOD LUCK BUDDY

shouldnt rearly be buying stuff in pre-members anyway.

Hi,

I don't thinks its against the rules to use the internal email system to get hold of full members so u can chat to them about items that they have for sale.

Otherwise it would not let you do it!!

The guy has a general problem, so if you can help them please help him.

thats what he is after.

Good luck again mate, hope you manage to get your tires.

You broke the rules of the forum by buying off here, so you can't really complain to the forum.

It's up to you to sort it out.

Show me where it says new member cannot buy things off the forum?

They cannot sell, but buying is a differant matter as you send the money, and then the good's are sent, no money, no goods.

You allways seem so quick to jump on people who have broken 'the rules' at least get them right.

Show me where it says new member cannot buy things off the forum?

They cannot sell, but buying is a differant matter as you send the money, and then the good's are sent, no money, no goods.

You allways seem so quick to jump on people who have broken 'the rules' at least get them right.

There appears to be a grey area in the rules regarding contacting members via email etc regarding adverts in the member section. Seeing as they also cannot post wanted topics, which is essentially buying, logic would dictate that buying things off a member is also against the rules?

Use the Spell Checker, it doesnt take long!

Dnt use txt tlk

Use descriptive topic titles, try not to use topic titles such as 'help!', 'Problem with....', 'where', and instead try and put as much information in as possible

Try and put as much information into your posts as possible, don't leave people guessing what you mean (this is not MSN!)

Do not spam/post irrelevant messages

Dont get involved in arguments, use the report button. If you are argumentative you seriously reduce your chances of getting validated

Do NOT post new threads asking when you will be validated

Do NOT post new threads asking why you cant post anywhere else

For Sale/Wanted/Swap threads are not allowed in New Members Chat

Do NOT email us when you realise you cant post anywhere else

Do NOT cross post between Members Chat forums and New Members Chat

Harassing Admins/Moderators via PM/Email/MSN WILL NOT get you validated any faster

Dosen't say you can't buy through E-mail, msn or other.

rite i haven't broken any rules on here as of yet. so i do not see what your problem is. i didn't contact him fro the site i used the site as like a yellow pages if you get what i mean. also i am not complaining i am asking for help with a problem wich has occured. so please if you do not have anything constructive to say then do not say anything. :angry:

however on a good note now thanks to all the people how have gave a positive input to this topic i am very grateful. :rolleyes:

luke

Right, first off, there's nothing stopping pre-members from buying on TF, however members selling should be wary of this as they almost certainly won't have any references. They could have come on here just to rip people off. Not saying you did Luke, but as a general rule...

When it comes to private sales, you really have very few avenues to get a refund or anything like that. If you have his details you could approach the police, but you take a risk whenever you buy anything second hand. If it turns out to be not what you expected, or doesn't turn up at all, then you're generally stuffed.

You should always try and get as much info as possible from the sellers - name, phone, address, link to refs on TF, and so on...

As I said though, you're probably stuffed.