Iolo 24"

RobinJI

Beasty iolo you have there.......Tried her for dirt jumps yet? :P

Not yet, there all to wet :- . Tryed some street stuff on it and have out done mates on jump bikes with stair drops and random wooden jumps over pavements ect.. hehe

It weighs in at 26lb with a maggie on it. So its actualy not too bad weight.

I know I need to sort ou the rear tyre, the Moto RT is actualy really nice though. Looking for a Maxxis High roller 2.5 but can only find the 2.7s.

Edit: before anyone mentions it, the red break lever was 2nd hand and is going for a black one at X-mas...

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

It's got an XTR V on there, but Im going back ot a maggie soon, as neither seem to wokr better, and the maggies alot neeter on my frame. (Noodle on the Vs the wrong side to use the internal cable routing.)

get and avid ultimate or a canecreek dc5 both can be routed with the noodle on the other side. infact the dc5 doesn't use a noodle.

..and you can keep the vee!! winner

bike looks ace.

but get some maxxis holyrollers or tioga comp x tires

and as for the underside brake mounting. what advantage does that have?

Erm.. Mechanically, no advantage or disadvantage. But it does look cool and didn't cost any extra :- .

(Well, it looks cool with a Maggie on there, keeps the frame looking very clean and understated with the graphics, colour, internal hose and break mounts there.)

Just put the maggie back on with some shiny new Echo mounts, but with no pads or fluid in it I can't exactly use it yet. :unsure:

As for the forks, they were just cheepos to pass the time until Iolo starts making forks. But there doing pretty well and I cant see the sense in replacing em while there still intact and feel pretty nice. They might turn gloss black sometime though... All by themselves...'cause they can do that.....really...they can..

• 1 year later...
The forks do look alright, but they would look much nicer if they were the same sort of finish as the frame, but black. Sort of shot blasted then anodised.

haha, those forks were killed a good few months ago, heres a pic of me demonstrating how broken they are. Darn the bike feels so small to me.

Niceforks-1.jpg

Edited by Broomer