English People Can't Spell

seaman

I just think its the dialect we all use more than spelling, i mean, i've never seen anyone who is validated spell so poorely i cannot read it. "there their and they're" are abused horrifically though. :P

Americans are stupid anyway, anyone ever see that "where do you think america will bomb next" thing and they were like "North Korea" *points to Australia* or "France" *points to africa*

Edited by mat hudson

Dude what the hell was that on friday night? All I can say is Paul and yourself should be ashamed. Paul picks fat bird, and you pick, I dont even know what she was? Funny either way, LOL!

I seriously cannot remember. I thought she was alright...but then again, I was off my face.

...back on topic, it doesn't bother me that much about crappy spelling, people make mistakes. Its when people have clearly not put any effort in that it jars me off.

as with the example above "gerrin" is quite simply not a word, nor would it be obvious to someone who wasn't british that it meant "getting".

But in 20 years time I wouldn't be surprised to find "Gerrin" had found it's way into the Oxford dictionary, along with kinda, cozz (had to spell it with two z's to stop it automodding), gonna, wanna and even aks, that's right aks!

Davey

I'm pretty sure its not slang, just a simple mistake cause by the way that on a qwerty keyboard 't' and 'r' are next to each other. So I hope its not gunna make it into a dictionary anytime soon.

To my mind, a lot of slang and bad wording of things comes when you're working hard under difficult conditions. Its rare that academics speak badly, but (for instance) engineers and mechanics with a similar level of education will swear, curse and generally abuse the language to get their point across.

Very true.

Personally I'm a Dyslexic F**ktard when it comes to spelling and grammar, yet I'm by no means stupid (I'd like to think), it's just I can't really spell, and English Isn't really my Strong point. I'm much more comfortable with maths and physics. Thank god for the Google toolbar spell checker or none of you lot would be able to read anything that I type. But still, I make the effort to re-read and spell check every post I make so that you guys can understand what I'm saying.

Edit: haha, had to correct my spelling.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

i thought the internet was for freedom? the fact you can do or say what you want without anyone saying anything? if you start being bothered by little petty stuff like writing which is so easy to understand then why are you on the internet? if your going to be bothered by something then at least be bothered by the dudes cutting off innocent peoples heads, writing is writing as long as you can read it its all gravy.

as lnog as the frsit and lsat lteters are in the rgiht pacle you can raed it aynawys.

I'm pretty sure its not slang, just a simple mistake cause by the way that on a qwerty keyboard 't' and 'r' are next to each other. So I hope its not gunna make it into a dictionary anytime soon.

It is slang, all depends on your accent. I find it a lot easier to say gerrin than getting. I presume you have a southern accent so that may not be the case :)

Four words:

'Observed Trials Dot Net'

joo ain't seen nuffink, but then again i think most of them sniff glue.

is anyone a grammar fiend in everyday life?

Me. :$

Well, it's not like I have a heart attack every time I see an error, but I definitely notice stuff like "Potatoe's 59p/lb" and stuff like that. I don't make a big deal of it, but if I can mention it and pass it off as a joke I tend, but yeah, I'm a fussy bugger.

Joe x