Pro Gearing

Glass

Just wondering what the current pro gearing is i.e. gear ratio.

I remember seeing on Section7 Ben Savage's mod with 20/12 one of the Coustilleur on 16/13 and I've heard rumours about 18/12 for TRA.

Anyone got any reliable info?

I run 18/14 but I run 24s tried out 18/13 but its too big for natural for street its doable but still big.

Am I complete weird if I ride a ratio of 1.5 and can lurch 6 feet with 1.8 on my 24" ? I mean not that I care, but it seems when you get under that, you can't get up things, and when your'e kicking you aren't actually going forward... :P But yeah, I'm not into natural type stuff, nor doing leap to leap to leap to leap to leap to leap to leap to leap to up-up-up-up to leap to dab to oh BUGER !

For 26" most of my friends run 18/15 though you guys seem to run lighter gear ratios 18/16 (1.13) which is almost 20/18 or 22/20!!!

you must all be using alot of body language with that tiny gearing :rolleyes:

What 24" gear ratio to use?

I started with 22/18 (1.22) on my 24" but then went to 20/16(1.25) then went to 18/15 (1.2) when I changed cranks but it was too light so I am on 18/14 (1.29) now. You gotta run a heavier gear ratio than your 26" set up to compensate for the smaller wheel size.

If 20" run 18/12 aka 1.5

and 26" run 18/15 (1.2) or less

then 24" should be around 1.3 or 18/14 (1.29)

I could show you the math behind it...just say the word

I'd like to try 16/12 (1.33) cause 18/13(1.38) is too heavy for moi.

Edited by Glass