wernt the dj1s crap and threes good? its all weird

obviously ive got my numbers wrong

never was /are any good at maths

well get dj1s then

matt

those others look quite tasty

dirt jumpers are heffers, and the 2004-2006 ones all sucked i found

for trials, they are totally unsuitable apart from they can be pumped hard

all dirt jumper 3's and so on are absoloute sh*t you want bombers there the best.

Andy

haha i love new members chat, dirt jumpers are bombers.

dirt jumper 3's are too heavy for trials, i would go for lightweight xc forks like the MX Comps

or if youve got a real good budjet you can buy my FOX TERRALOGICS off me they in very good condition only used about 3 time and that just commuting to work and back!

£350 o.n.o

if you need to contact me on them then please add me on msn: wraps_bds@hotmail.co.uk

Carl

Hi there mate i would go for mx comp coil and air,i am sure ryan leech rides one of the mx series,correct me if im wrong,thanks shane.

Hi there mate i would go for mx comp coil and air,i am sure ryan leech rides one of the mx series,correct me if im wrong,thanks shane.

hi

i would go for marzocchi forks, either the dirt jumper 1's, dirt jumper 2's or the dirt jumper 3's. my mate runs the dirt jumper 1's and there amazing and my uncle runs the dirt jumper 3's and they are amazing too so it doesnt realy matter which you go for they will all perform good.

ARGH! why would he want dirt jumpers on a trialsy bike they weigh a ton, like i suggested and some others did get mx comps in a rearly short travel like 80mm, nice and light but still asorb the shock from landings etc.

having long forks on a streety bike doesnt make sense.

i dont use them. the oldest bit i have on my bike is 05 like i sed companies only make parts better not worse but i know a fair few dj that used old forks that have snaped or dropped to bits on them.

alot of 03 dirt jumpers snapped because on one batch every fork had hairline fractures through the crown, but i know of people using them to this very day and they still havnt snapped.

Okay, I guess I'm the only riding a suspention fork here, and one of the few that knows what he's talking about when it comes to forks...

Dont' go with dirtjumpers, they are incredibly heavy, they don't feel good, theyr'e meant for much more abuse then trials.

So basicly, your'e looking for a light, tuff fork with 80 to 100 mm of travel, so most stock forks won't do, they will need some light modifications...

Fox Forks, they have one of the best feeling around. For trials use, the Talas and the Vanilla would be suitable, the float could work if you aren't to destructive. If they haven't changed from last year they would all need a new spring [firm one probably] to get them to 80 to 100 mm but once you have the sping, you only need to unscrew the top bolt, take the spring out and put in the new one. But they are quite expensive, and theire old models used to break at the arch when put to too much lateral forces, but the arch design has been changed so I guess theyr'e all good. For used stuff, I wou

Marzocchi, for their'e new stuff, the MX would be quite nice... But it's in the old, the Z series are the best. If you can find one in good shape, they would be awsome, especially since their'e so cheap.

Manitou, the gold label, would have to be like the dirtjumpers, but I think their'e a little lighter. The R7 Elite FFD-R seem decent, but the earlier blacks are the best fit for trials, in my book.

Rock Shox, they don't seem to have a simple fork with low travel, so the dart would have to be the best one, or the earlier judy's...

But honnestly, most simple, low travel should do the trick...

haha i love new members chat, dirt jumpers are bombers.

dirt jumper 3's are too heavy for trials, i would go for lightweight xc forks like the MX Comps

The mx comps are bombers :- , but yes they are a good choice.

So basicly, your'e looking for a light, tuff fork with 80 to 100 mm of travel, so most stock forks won't do, they will need some light modifications...

Fox Forks, they have one of the best feeling around. For trials use, the Talas and the Vanilla would be suitable, the float could work if you aren't to destructive. If they haven't changed from last year they would all need a new spring [firm one probably] to get them to 80 to 100 mm but once you have the sping, you only need to unscrew the top bolt, take the spring out and put in the new one. But they are quite expensive, and theire old models used to break at the arch when put to too much lateral forces, but the arch design has been changed so I guess theyr'e all good. For used stuff, I wou

Marzocchi, for their'e new stuff, the MX would be quite nice... But it's in the old, the Z series are the best. If you can find one in good shape, they would be awsome, especially since their'e so cheap.

Manitou, the gold label, would have to be like the dirtjumpers, but I think their'e a little lighter. The R7 Elite FFD-R seem decent, but the earlier blacks are the best fit for trials, in my book.

Rock Shox, they don't seem to have a simple fork with low travel, so the dart would have to be the best one, or the earlier judy's...

But honnestly, most simple, low travel should do the trick...

Finaly, someone whos knows his stuff (Y)

Fox forks are a solid choice (if you've got £300+ to spend) and they are very ajustable. However, the new floats only come in 130mm as far as i know, which is too long and i dont think you can change the travel that much with a new spring.

Manitou are not best known for their reliability ( except for the 'Black' forks ) which is why I wont suggest any of them. Althought the blacks are reliable they are coil sprung which means you probably wont get them firm enough for trials.

Marzocchi are your best bet and their closest fork to your needs is the MX comp.

hans 'no way' ray had his forks reduced in travel same goes jeff so u could really by what ever fork u want and just reduce the travel make sure its light but can take a beating

thats true and a valid point, fox forx look sweet as.

ben g

p.s what should be said however is that it's cheaper to go rigid, unless your a pro and are given forks!

Edited by gianttrials