Water Bleed? (hope Mono)

pitbull-91

Hi i have a hope mini mono and wish to water bleed it but don't know how can someone please help me, can it be bleed in a bath like a hs33?

Thanks,Adam.

no don't belled it with water it will fuc* it up use there dot 5 or 4 that is all the hope mono can take.

chris

why do people water bleed brakes?

water is made of H2O and the "O" stands for oxygen!!

oxygen compresses leaving you with squishy brakes!!!!

please just use D.O.T fluid for all reasons including the safety of the brake

choose the sensible option

matt

yer oxygen compresses when its in a gas form but when in a liquid form it does not compress atall

yer oxygen compresses when its in a gas form but when in a liquid form it does not compress atall

The man's got a point, Not too sure how it'll be for the disc but for my maggie, water has been the best thing I've done to it !!

All the stories about brakes going squidgy and being a safety hazard because of the Oxygen compressing are a load of T*SS !

To answer your question, just pick up a hope bleed kit and d.i.y, or take it to your local shop (Y)

Joel ;)

I know its already been said but DONT DO IT

Oil is used to keep the parts and pistons lubed. If you use water this wont happen and you will be quickly ruining a good working brake.

Water shouldnt be really used in Maggies but they are a little more forgiving that Hope pistons

Frooty

Edited by fruitbat

Water will not mess up any Hope system. Just boils a lot faster than DOT flid as they have differnt boiling points. Water is fine for trials. DH, XC etc Dot only!

Water boils at 100 degrees though. If you mean evaporate, it can't becuase it's a sealed system.

Dont bleed your hope with water, that will mean it will run unlubricated, you will find it will ware out the pistons. also like others said it will boil, dot fluid is made to cope with the high temperatures brakes produce, this is why its used. also if water boils and your going down a long hill dragging you brake it will act like a closed system and because the water will make steam and your brake will jam on and you will eat the floor.

dot fluid is cheap so try get some dot 5.1 it is higher quality than dot 4 (Y)

moza

Dont bleed your hope with water, that will mean it will run unlubricated, you will find it will ware out the pistons. also like others said it will boil, dot fluid is made to cope with the high temperatures brakes produce, this is why its used. also if water boils and your going down a long hill dragging you brake it will act like a closed system and because the water will make steam and your brake will jam on and you will eat the floor.

dot fluid is cheap so try get some dot 5.1 it is higher quality than dot 4 (Y)

moza

Just to let you know this won't happen as its a rear brake, and hope brakes will not co*k up with water my mate kieran even bled his with ribena and that works extremely well and he has been running this for a while now. If water doesn't ruin a magura then why should it ruin a hope?. Anyway i am goin to bleed my hope with de-ionised water later on tonight and i shall let everyboddy know how well it works.

Adam.

Just to let you know this won't happen as its a rear brake, and hope brakes will not co*k up with water my mate kieran even bled his with ribena and that works extremely well and he has been running this for a while now. If water doesn't ruin a magura then why should it ruin a hope?. Anyway i am goin to bleed my hope with de-ionised water later on tonight and i shall let everyboddy know how well it works.

Adam.

THAT WAS HIG MAGURA YOU TIT

THERE DIFFERNT

STOP BEING GAY

WHY THE f**k U RUNNIG HOPE ANYWAY?

YOU GOT A AVID

Edited by alext

THAT WAS HIG MAGURA YOU TIT

THERE DIFFERNT

STOP BEING GAY

WHY THE f**k U RUNNIG HOPE ANYWAY?

YOU GOT A AVID

Alex its for the rear because im going to be buying a simtra frame. Also tyler is running a hope with a water bleed and my mate james, how comes they work perfect and feel loverly?.

Adam.

to be honest mate its not worth the hassle, if you think that water will be ok go ahead and do it but if it brakes dont come crying and complain that your brake leaks. bleed it with dot 4 or dot 5.1 to save the hassle if it does brake, it shouldnt take over 20 members to tell you that what you are going to do is rong. listen to them (Y)

Edited by chris mac

to be honest mate its not worth the hassle, if you think that water will be ok go ahead and do it but if it brakes dont come crying and complain that your brake leaks. bleed it with dot 4 or dot 5.1 to save the hassle if it does brake, it shouldnt take over 20 members to tell you that what you are going to do is rong. listen to them (Y)

Is there anyway i can get the same feel as water?

Adam.