New Echo Brakes

Ben@LeicesterTrials

From nothing more than looking at photographs, it looks like the hydraulics are identical with both Echo and Magura brakes (bore & stroke of pistons) so in that respect the Echo brake is no better or worse than the Magura one. They are functionally identical. I will concede though that the Echo stuff does look much higher quality, but that does not make it any more trials specific than the Magura brakes.

Just paying more for something because it's from a trials company is just stupid. It's like the VP pedals that people were paying through the nose for until Planet-X and Onza started banging them out for reasonable money. They didn't work any better because they came from Megamo or Monty... It's the same with these brakes, you could fit them on any XC bike - with appropriate pads - and the rider would barely notice a difference.

Thanks f**k you can express yourself properly. I was gona go nuts at people saying these are 'trials specific' when they clearly are not.

I'd say 100 quid and Deng would still be pushing it.

Quite frankly, i reckon you'll only notice a small performance increase with the Deng brake, and you could make up that increase on a Magura by getting better pads(?)

I doubt i'll be getting any.

picking on you because your the one who said it, nothing personal.

How would the performance increase in the deng brake when using the same pads in both hs33 and dengura, on the same rim surface?

They are the same brakes!!!!the only thing which would possibly give more power would be the longer lever blade, which is like what? a few mm's longer than the standard? any power gain will be negligable i'd have thought.

How would the performance increase in the deng brake when using the same pads in both hs33 and dengura, on the same rim surface?

They are the same brakes!!!!the only thing which would possibly give more power would be the longer lever blade, which is like what? a few mm's longer than the standard? any power gain will be negligable I'd have thought.

I agree, i was trying to say that... Any performance increase from the few extra mm's could be made up by a better set of pads...

And anyway, the increase would be barely noticeable as i said.

ahahaa. Brilliant. ^_^

I'm gunna let the newbies/tarts buy them first, to 'test' them, break them whatever, then I might consider it.

Or, if there'll be spares about, just buy the cylinders, and put those on my Magura. :-

seriously - DICK.....

i dont know what ur basing your ideas on, but, deng makes top quality components. They work. some people have their troubles, but so does EVERY component with trials. king, hope, deng, koxx, monty, and all these other brands all have their problems.

making components is progressive, dengs frames are probably the strongest aluminium frames available for trials. hardly any of the new ones break....onzas snap, montys snap, koxxs dent and snap, blah blah blah.

some of dengs hubs are not quite up to scratch, but how long have hope been making hubs......f**kING AGES, how long have king been making hubs f**kING AGES, deng has made freehubs for two years maximum.

stop following the slag off deng phase just because you can. back up your ideas will you

i think most of the people that said they are crap will have them within a year.

its expensive stuff making brakes though and even though there is a mark up.. not a huge amount. especially on hope brakes if you check the trade price.

just think how much i.e. a heatsink cnc full brake would be.....

king loads.

seriously - DICK.....

i dont know what ur basing your ideas on, but, deng makes top quality components. They work. some people have their troubles, but so does EVERY component with trials. king, hope, deng, koxx, monty, and all these other brands all have their problems.

making components is progressive, dengs frames are probably the strongest aluminium frames available for trials. hardly any of the new ones break....onzas snap, montys snap, koxxs dent and snap, blah blah blah.

some of dengs hubs are not quite up to scratch, but how long have hope been making hubs......f**kING AGES, how long have king been making hubs f**kING AGES, deng has made freehubs for two years maximum.

stop following the slag off deng phase just because you can. back up your ideas will you

You can't compare deng frames to koxx or monty, or even onza.

Deng's frames are made for street riding, he doesn't like the competition side of trials sure he doesnt? So his bike are going to be overbuilt to withstand the (generally) larger stresses street riders put through the bikes. Comp riders don't need bikes to go off 13ft drops they need bike's to be light to get up 60" walls, and don't require strength as those riders tend to be smoother.

Its like comparing an f1 car to a rally car IMO, they are both cars, but they have differant purposes. I see where your coming from, but monty and koxx are comp frames generally, while deng is for street riders.

You can't compare deng frames to koxx or monty, or even onza.

Deng's frames are made for street riding, he doesn't like the competition side of trials sure he doesnt? So his bike are going to be overbuilt to withstand the (generally) larger stresses street riders put through the bikes. Comp riders don't need bikes to go off 13ft drops they need bike's to be light to get up 60" walls, and don't require strength as those riders tend to be smoother.

Its like comparing an f1 car to a rally car IMO, they are both cars, but they have differant purposes. I see where your coming from, but monty and koxx are comp frames generally, while deng is for street riders.

deng frames arent really heavier and way stronger. your point just means koxx and monty are weaker for no real reason as weight differance is minimal

seriously - DICK.....

wanna pull your cock out of dengs arse now? jeesus christ i know he owns your soul but give it a rest

If they are actually any better (performance-wise) than Maguras then some people will buy them - if you want the best then you have to pay for it. But if they're no better than maguras, only fools will buy them (that's a lot of people though!). So I don't think anyone can write them off before they've used them, but they'd wanna be really special.

deng parts are made for happy and fun. if you ride without the happy and fun, you broke it.

:D

Is that their warrantee policy?

The funny thing is that in Russia the Dengura would cost you 4900 roubles. Which is 94 quid :)

Happy Russian trials riders we are :)

The even funnier thing is: in Australia, the Dengura will cost around 60 quid..... x2 = 120 quid for a complete front and rear set.

Edited by kieldp

wanna pull your cock out of dengs arse now? jeesus christ i know he owns your soul but give it a rest

Its not exactly that his cocks up dengs arse its just that everyone else is just abusing deng unjustly? f**king oskar and gtf thats all they f**king do.

I'd love to know how deng justifies making these, let along selling them at that rate. I really can't get my head around it.

I'd be really suprised if they cost more than 60 dollars from Deng.

edit: just read through the thread, do you people really think that Deng has anything to do with the prices on Tartybikes? If so, why should we get most of the parts half price in Poland? Silly...

Edited by Inur

i think anyone who bad mouths deng should shove a gun up there arse and die,

f**king idiots

TWAT:dengs a fanny

ME:why?

TWAT:he makes dammed good parts in a wide range of colurs at decent prices

ME:oh yea i see....

who ever said hes a tool or wht ever should f**k them selfs anyone who says it again will get told to f**k them selfs.

fancy shutting the f**k up?

yes i have a deal with deng, but ill quite happily tell you components that deng has made that are shite. there are products of his range just now that dont quite do the trick. but the amount of people on this forum who just slag him off because its the coolest thing to be doing at that very moment.

deng does have some problems with some products, but right now he has some really strong and light stuff out there, and competitive prices generally....

and to those complaining about prices in other countries, im not totally sure on this but i think its probably because our economy is much stronger than most of the countries you talk about (poland particularly) and with our takes that the government charge the guys who sell them / import them have to put a mark up on it to make a living.

best bet for you is to move i would say ;). like me :)