High Or Low Bb Rise?

Gh0s7

I always marvel, therefore now I ask :$ At the moment I ride bike with +55 bb rise, 1065 WB, 145x25 stem, but I think this geometry is short for me ( I'm almost 190sm tall) Now I think to purchase frame with 30mm bb rise, 1095 WB and 130x20 stem. Therefore I need your help, I want to know, what are the shortcomings and privileges of high ( 55-60mm bb rise ) and low (25-30mm bb rise ) :ermm:

Sorry for my bad english, but I yet study it :$

Thank you in advance!

Bozho

It is a personal preference but most people dislike high rise. It's fine for a month or two but then it just gets annoying. I've passed the stage of wanting to throw my frame into the bin and get something normal and now it's ok. Still you'll be better off with a medium rise like the 1080/385/30 Zhi.

It is a personal preference but most people dislike high rise. It's fine for a month or two but then it just gets annoying. I've passed the stage of wanting to throw my frame into the bin and get something normal and now it's ok. Still you'll be better off with a medium rise like the 1080/385/30 Zhi.

Or the aorta 1075/30

Get a medium bbrise frame eg. 20-35.

Matt Rushton

>_< i dont know what the fuss is about. once upon a time, we were slating the idea of trials bikes with tiny saddles. eventually, we embraced it. then we slated the idea of a trials bike with no saddle(namely the Ashton justice frame), before we embraced that. now we are complaining about high BB. Koxx Vinco frame probably has the highest BB height, and the longest wheelbase, but it still short to ride. however the effortless control on the backwheel is second to none. high BB is awesome for UCI riding, or tech backwheel riding. just dont take a long urban

I always hear people slating high bb but i think the truth is your abilities will be more or less the same on any trials frame. So moving your bb a few centimetres up or down wont make you better or worse, you just have to get used to the feel of your bike and stick with it. Thats my two cents

btw all that bollocks about high bb frames tapping worse is way off, i ride a GU and it taps fine (Y)

prototype.jpg

That's one hell of a BB rise?

Anyone wanna enlighten me on that proto? I just stumbled across it and don't know anything about it? Mega old? Repost?

Nah its not mega old it was on here about a month ago i think, dont know if its been released yet though personally i hate it :sick:

I always marvel, therefore now I ask :$ At the moment I ride bike with +55 bb rise, 1065 WB, 145x25 stem, but I think this geometry is short for me ( I'm almost 190sm tall) Now I think to purchase frame with 30mm bb rise, 1095 WB and 130x20 stem. Therefore I need your help, I want to know, what are the shortcomings and privileges of high ( 55-60mm bb rise ) and low (25-30mm bb rise ) :ermm:

Sorry for my bad english, but I yet study it :$

Thank you in advance!

Bozho

In my mind :

Low bb would let you move more quickly .

High bb let you move deeper .

If you like play on rock, choose low bb. And high bb suit play in city.

prototype.jpg

That's one hell of a BB rise?

Anyone wanna enlighten me on that proto? I just stumbled across it and don't know anything about it? Mega old? Repost?

:sick: that is horrible, high bb frames when set up properly, ie like that (high rise long mod stem) ride the same as a mod but has bigger wheels, its horible, what's the point just buy a mod (which aint to nice either in my opinion)

i would say go +30 max i have a +25 frame and it rides nice but if i was to get anything different it would be lower or the same hight they are just better for all round riding.

hope this helps (Y)

Good choice. I'm tall as well and with a high bb bike i'm put into a very uncomfortable position on the bike that makes my feet feel like their not far off being level with my bars. I also find them less stable to just balance on, i feel like my head is so much higher that i'm having to physically concentrate on keeping the bike upright when on two wheels.... which is annoying.

I like a little bit of bb rise though, the limey is almost perfect geometry for me, and the one i rode in supercycles was fantastic, easily the best bike i've ridden. When i get rid of my t-rex i'll be getting a limey i reckon.