No Vat On Bikes

Tomm

what % on here work? or can travel to work on a bike?

there is a couple of schemes that you can sign upto.

Cycle Scheme, Cycle to work etc etc.

these schemes offer you bikes with VAT off, National Insurance OFF, and something else, might be TAX off your wage, you get an amazing 40-50% OFF!!!! :o this is done through most/selected employee's if your employer is not signed up, have a scoot round your work and ask your collegues if they would cycle to work, if a few would then put it to your employer to do it trust me. its a good saving and you can have any bike and parts etc etc UPTO £1000!!!! and all you pay is £500-600 :) some companies get away with doing bikes over £1k but Cycle scheme which is one of the best and done through your IBD (independant bike dealer/distribution) is a much better source as opposed to having to get a halfords/jjb style bike (absolutly CRAP)

Your IBD support and back up service is much better than from people who dont know how to service a bike or for that matter when the bike has left and comes back with problems doesnt even know how to fix it.

Porter has just ordered a bike from the shop i work in, he will have it tomorrow i sorted him a good deal out and it SHOULD have cost him over £2600.00, im sure when he gets it he will put a picture of his new bike.

Waynio..................................

EDIT: sorry, for the people who do not work :( then this petition is probably the main way of obtaining a cheaper bike, OR come see me (Y):D:lol:

Edited by Waynio

EDIT: sorry, for the people who do not work :( then this petition is probably the main way of obtaining a cheaper bike, OR come see me (Y):D:lol:

yeh man, my work does this with either your shop or chevin cycles.

i have a bike already though, and i prefer to drive cos its warmer. haha. but yeh they are good schemes.

no tax on bikes full stop is a good idea though, although it won't make more people cycle rather than use a car or whatever, mainly because you can get (shit) bikes for like £70 anyway if you really wanted, so if people actually wanted to cycle, it isn't the price that's putting them off.

what % on here work? or can travel to work on a bike?

there is a couple of schemes that you can sign upto.

Cycle Scheme, Cycle to work etc etc.

these schemes offer you bikes with VAT off, National Insurance OFF, and something else, might be TAX off your wage, you get an amazing 40-50% OFF!!!! :o this is done through most/selected employee's if your employer is not signed up, have a scoot round your work and ask your collegues if they would cycle to work, if a few would then put it to your employer to do it trust me. its a good saving and you can have any bike and parts etc etc UPTO £1000!!!! and all you pay is £500-600 :) some companies get away with doing bikes over £1k but Cycle scheme which is one of the best and done through your IBD (independant bike dealer/distribution) is a much better source as opposed to having to get a halfords/jjb style bike (absolutly CRAP)

Your IBD support and back up service is much better than from people who dont know how to service a bike or for that matter when the bike has left and comes back with problems doesnt even know how to fix it.

Porter has just ordered a bike from the shop i work in, he will have it tomorrow i sorted him a good deal out and it SHOULD have cost him over £2600.00, im sure when he gets it he will put a picture of his new bike.

Several of our clients at work have these schemes, its quite funny when they call in to say "can't ride their bike to work, is that ok?" hahaha

Signed.

Theres a few initiatives like this with larger companies, and things like new housing developments going for the green approach. IE they include safe bike storage and the govt give you a vat free bike when you buy a house on the site. All we'll need now is some cycle lanes :P

go easy, i dont think they'll be giving us many cycle lanes yet :P there usually digging up n fixing roads!!!! :lol:

i could just imagine a cycle lane on the M1 and M6 :lol: would be funny to see how long it would take to get from london to top of M1 or M6 :lol: good plan though, theres the next petition, if the cycle thing comes off, give them another about getting more cycle lanes. :)(Y)

Waynio.................

Good ides but it will never happen not with our government. Yeah if you buy anything from outside the U.K. thats over a specific value a year (think its about £38 gift allowance per tax year) you have to pay about 4-5% import tax on the price of goods (they included the shipping cost in that to) then after thats added you pay the normal 17.5% VAT on the total. Its absolutely ridiculous thats why its rarely any cheaper to buy goods from america because it almost works out the same in pounds as it does dollars even with the $1.9 - £1 rate that is current. The only way to get around it is if you dont insure your goods or only insure them for like £10 because thats what they work it out against usually unless theres and invoice inside, then two weeks later you receive your $300 (£160) bent frame etc...

go easy, i dont think they'll be giving us many cycle lanes yet :P there usually digging up n fixing roads!!!! :lol:

i could just imagine a cycle lane on the M1 and M6 :lol: would be funny to see how long it would take to get from london to top of M1 or M6 :lol: good plan though, theres the next petition, if the cycle thing comes off, give them another about getting more cycle lanes. :)(Y)

Waynio.................

Nah theyre already starting to press on matters like this with developers, they just need a bit of encouragement to include them in highway improvement works as opposed to just laying new tarmac.

Good ides but it will never happen not with our government. Yeah if you buy anything from outside the U.K. thats over a specific value a year (think its about £38 gift allowance per tax year) you have to pay about 4-5% import tax on the price of goods (they included the shipping cost in that to) then after thats added you pay the normal 17.5% VAT on the total. Its absolutely ridiculous thats why its rarely any cheaper to buy goods from america because it almost works out the same in pounds as it does dollars even with the $1.9 - £1 rate that is current. The only way to get around it is if you dont insure your goods or only insure them for like £10 because thats what they work it out against usually unless theres and invoice inside, then two weeks later you receive your $300 (£160) bent frame etc...

not really....

my dads mate buys phones cameras, ipods, i think he even got a couple of macs from america which he sells on ebay

he can buy the product for half the price including shipping and have it sent as a gift avoiding all import taxes etc.

he makes a serious amount of money out of doing it around 10k a year and also has a job just does it in his spare time

if you order something from america regardless of what it is get them to gift wrap it and send it as a gift